Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Open - Lahinch

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rock walked away with the first place prize money in 2009 when Shane Lowry was still an amateur. 10 years on he is in an excellent position to do it the orthodox way. His score of 60 today must be one of the lowest ever rounds in the Irish Open?

New course record I think. Some shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Rock walked away with the first place prize money in 2009 when Shane Lowry was still an amateur. 10 years on he is in an excellent position to do it the orthodox way. His score of 60 today must be one of the lowest ever rounds in the Irish Open?

59 has only been shot once in Europe so it’s not just lowest score in Ireland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The week has been amazing down here. One day to go. I'm knackered but I'll survive. Was in the course with Ormsby and Park today. Covered Coetze yesterday. The village is hopping. Huge crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,698 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Eddie Pepperell only 2 off the lead and I don't think they've shown 1 shot of his.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some final 2 rounds from rahm

• Advertisement

Rahmbo would be a great shout for the open, seems to love Ireland and links golf.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Rahmbo would be a great shout for the open, seems to love Ireland and links golf.

Not too confident that with his temperament he will win at Portrush but who knows for sure?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If the weather is decent then he has a chance. From memory it was a fine weekend in Portstewart as well. Lahinch looked glorious there the last few days. I would say they ran out of ice cream altogether.

The Latin players spit the dummy in bad weather. You could literally get anything weather wise up there, at any time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭rooney30

Do ye reckon the management and members of Lahinch are secretly pissed that Rock dismantled the course by shooting 60.? I mean he effectively shot 12 under rather than 10 under as they as they had already reduced the par from 72 to 70!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

rooney30 wrote: »
    Do ye reckon the management and members of Lahinch are secretly pissed that Rock dismantled the course by shooting 60.? I mean he effectively shot 12 under rather than 10 under as they as they had already reduced the par from 72 to 70!

Impossible to stop it in that weather. I've played it prob 100 times and without wind it is not a tough place. But add in a 1 club wind off the sea and it's a beast. Incredible golf course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    If the weather is decent then he has a chance. From memory it was a fine weekend in Portstewart as well. Lahinch looked glorious there the last few days. I would say they ran out of ice cream altogether.

The Latin players spit the dummy in bad weather. You could literally get anything weather wise up there, at any time of the year.

Weather was very bad on the final day when he walked away with it in Portstewart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Remind me wrote: »
    Weather was very bad on the final day when he walked away with it in Portstewart

It was crap on day 2 that year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a week that was. Absolutely phenomenal. Completely worth it coming back home for the week.

I’m broken after the week. Wrecked from walking up and down all those dunes and then partying into the early hours. Lahinch put on a tremendous event.
    The course was in unbelievable condition, the weather was good, the players embraced the event, the crowds were excellent, the village was buzzing and the booze was flowing.

It was great to see one of the top names winning the event and truly embracing the support he was getting. I’m sure the tournament will be back there again and will be a success once again.

2 slight negatives, needed more toilet and food facilities on the course and also needed a few more pop up bars for Friday and Saturday night as it took ages to get a drink!!!!

Now, just need to catch up on sleep.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

rooney30 wrote: »

More amazed than pissed tbh. It's not an easy course.

Rock holed over 200ft of putts that day, only the third or 4th player on the European tour to do so, not much you can do against that if they are playing half decent tee on green on any course tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I heard the Irish Open might be moved to September.
    Anyone hear something similar or possible location?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭BOB81

Mount Juliet was a rumour I heard mentioned - a number of press articles about it at the end of July

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

marvin80 wrote: »
    I heard the Irish Open might be moved to September.
    Anyone hear something similar or possible location?

Looks like the 2020 tournament will be moved to September. I think Mount Juliet is being considered as a possible venue. A decision will probably be made in the next 2 or 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭redhill

Castletock are in negotiations for this I hear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The Open in Lahinch was super with a great and deserved winner.
    This thread has run it's course so please start a new thread for OT discussions like future Irish Open Venues

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement