Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Open - Lahinch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Absolutely. A great advertisement for the west of Ireland.

I say it every year, but the Irish Open should only be played on links courses.

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Pissartist wrote: »
    100% agree with you, I go down the west alot it really is a special part of the country, i just hope the combover doesn't take all the credit as really they are (hosting)just a figure head and name and don't actually do anything.
    Same as you know who the last couple of years ( i can't mention his name or i will be warned again, fanboys only allowed)

He's got two houses rented for his guests don't you know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Anyone use the park and ride today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Keano wrote: »

I did. I arrived in the Southern carpark around 1pm (from Miltown Malbay)

Parking was very well organised and the red double decker buses were ready and departing regularly for Lahinch. Very smooth operation. Staff were very helpful and cheerful. I had a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭big_drive

Keano wrote: »

I did. Brilliant set up
    Buses going regular, it’s ideal
    Very easy to get out of car park after too. Couldn’t say a negative thing about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭big_drive

If Harrington & Lowry keep going strong into weekend along with the good weather it will make the tournament
    Even though from what I saw today it will be a big success regardless of Irish players doing well. There was a great atmosphere there, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves

Gwan Padraig

Great to see him at the top :)

Hope he can follow it up now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I had a busy day,but still got to watch some of it on TV.It looked great.Rory was not missed.

Not to tell anyone how to follow golf as it was my first time today.

We went in late to watch the 2nd feature groups, and if you do so tomorrow get a spot between the 1st tee an the 18th they are beside each other and you will see the tee shots and finishing shots of late/early feature groups.

We followed along the last feature group for the first hole and skipped ahead 4 groups got a good spot watched them all hit irons in greenside, which we generally repeated until the par 3 11th.

If you place yourself well here you can see shot into the 11th and OTT of the par 5 12th it seems to bottle neck here a bit.

We followed down the par 5 after but if I had it back I'd have found a way green side to the drivablish par 4 13th

After that is your own bag but outside the wall on the 18th was a great spot to watch everyone come in and its easy get there as the 12th leads back onto the road

Course is savage as everyone has said weather is amazing, and the take away food on course is top notch for that kind of food

AS I said before it was my first time live at a tournament, i really thought I would get bored but it turns out to be far from the case, loved all of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I would concur about the 13th green. It's almost a drive able par 4 so get a good spot there and you see them play in their second shot. Also if in the exact right position you can take in the 10th green at the same time.

Park and ride worked well. Came into the south car park around 9.00. Plenty of buses there and its about 5 mins to the drop off and then a 10 /15 minute walk to the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭bobbyss

How many of the world's top twenty or thirty are playing in Lahinch? Doesn't this devalue It?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

bobbyss wrote: »
    How many of the world's top twenty or thirty are playing in Lahinch? Doesn't this devalue It?

To an extent I would say - Bigger prize pool than the tournament in Minnesota and yet the player quality is down.

Honestly, it doesn't seem to be 'taking' from it, but it's a pity.

It's the timing of the tournament is the killer I would've thought. You'd be over for 2 weeks before The Open - Hence no decent US players this week

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

bobbyss wrote: »

Think it's something like 15 of the top 50 in the world. WGC the week after the Open doesn't help either. 3 weeks of links golf isn't ideal for the pros.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭benny79

If I was a Pro i'd be getting as much links golf as I can in before the Open! Really is puzzling no Rickie either!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

3 weeks of links golf isn't ideal for the pros.

This 100%

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

benny79 wrote:
    If I was a Pro i'd be getting as much links golf as I can in before the Open! Really is puzzling no Rickie either!

Fowler said something along the lines of never wanting to play golf here again after the washout Irish open in Portstewart if memory serves me.

Poor start from Harrington today, plenty of time to pull it back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Maybe the US pro's don't want to be living out of a hotel/rental home for 3 weeks.

Molinari didn't play any links and won the open last year after playing a bird feast course

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Maybe the US pro's don't want to be living out of a hotel/rental home for 3 weeks.

Molinari didn't play any links and won the open last year after playing a bird feast course

that's all they do on the US tour

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fowler said something along the lines of never wanting to play golf here again after the washout Irish open in Portstewart if memory serves me.

Poor start from Harrington today, plenty of time to pull it back though.

Was royal County down, yeah I remember being close to fowler up there, his face looked to be crying inside. He must have had 6 layers on, scarf hat and mittens as the wind and rain battered down. I remember thinking this would be the last we'll ever see of him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Padraig Harrington said in interview after his round yesterday that he found it very easy Those words are biting him this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Padraig Harrington said in interview after his round yesterday that he found it very easy Those words are biting him this morning.

Was it last years Irish open or the year before that he shot the lights out on the Thursday and then missed the cut?

Could be looking at a similar fate here if he doesnt stop the rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

He's now +4 thru 7. Ouch:(

trademark Harrington at this stage :(

Fowler said something along the lines of never wanting to play golf here again after the washout Irish open in Portstewart if memory serves me. h.

There isn't much difference between our weather and Scottish weather.

Can't believe a bit of bad weather has that effect on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

lawred2 wrote: »
    that's all they do on the US tour

Probably find they jump on a private plane home on Sunday evening for a night or 2.

SeeMoreBut wrote: »
    Probably find they jump on a private plane home on Sunday evening for a night or 2.

well the likes of Mickelson does but a lot of them aren't that well off

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

What does the Gold Star opposite some players name on the leaderboard stand for on the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

What does the Gold Star opposite some players name on the leaderboard stand for on the TV

they have won a rolex event previously

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Did Harrington change his swing overnight?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

for any golfers out there have a look at eddie pepperells twitter feed on the 14 club challenge on the 8th in Lahinch, these guys really are super talented

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement