Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Open - Lahinch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pissartist wrote: »
    for any golfers out there have a look at eddie pepperells twitter feed on the 14 club challenge on the 8th in Lahinch, these guys really are super talented

https://twitter.com/PepperellEddie/status/1146873593604771841?s=19

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Crazy! No woods in the bags?

looks gloomy enough there, in it sunday when the bad weather is due to land? Could make it very interesting.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Yes as soon as the wind blows there it's a different animal, really stunning on tv though i'm so happy for the locals and Clare in general who will benefit,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

When they do the leaderboard, some players have stars, what do they represent? Curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

votecounts wrote: »
    When they do the leaderboard, some players have stars, what do they represent? Curious

One star represents a win of a Rolex Series event. Don't know about two stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

ronnie3585 wrote:
    One star represents a win of a Rolex Series event. Don't know about two stars.

Two wins,not being a smartarse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

benny79 wrote: »
    If I was a Pro i'd be getting as much links golf as I can in before the Open! Really is puzzling no Rickie either!

He's at The Scottish Open next week, which is a links course too but won't be a patch on Lahinch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Rickie is a good shout for the open, brilliant in the wind with low shots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Hi,
    heading down tomorrow have couple of questions !

Where is the park and ride from ennistinonm ennis side ??
    What is a good hole to watch the driving from , I want to see some big hitting !!

Thanks !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Commentary just mentioned 2 people with broken legs after slipping (both wearing flip flops) yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Oh our Irish golfers,so inconsistent or maybe they are brilliantly consistent at being inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭plumber77

Notch000 wrote: »
    Hi,
    heading down tomorrow have couple of questions !

Where is the park and ride from ennistinonm ennis side ??
    What is a good hole to watch the driving from , I want to see some big hitting !!

Thanks !!

All the park & ride comes in from Miltown Malbay side. You'll have a detour coming out from Ennis side. Used it today and had no issues at all. It's only about 2k outside lahinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭rooney30

benny79 wrote: »
    If I was a Pro i'd be getting as much links golf as I can in before the Open! Really is puzzling no Rickie either!

I think this whole need to practice loads on links to win the open thing is overblown . Most of the top guys will play a round or two of links on a course local to the open course and then go to the open . Most don’t particularly favour the type of golf anyway and will just feel if they have a good week they will go close . They have the game to win on any type of course. The notion that the Americans can’t play links or don’t like it up em in the wind is nonsense as well . Look at the history of open winners , it’s dominated by them . Reckon half the reason mcilroy skipped lahinch was he didn’t want to risk going down there in tricky conditions , potentially missing the cut and halving his confidence shattered for portrush .
    Molinari hates links , didn’t practice any last year and won

• Registered Users Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

PARlance wrote: »
    Commentary just mentioned 2 people with broken legs after slipping (both wearing flip flops) yesterday.

I'm not that surprised to hear this, some very steep slopes around particularly between the 6th and 7th. Good footwear essential.

I've been there since Wednesday and I have to say it's been one of the best Irish Opens I've attended. Cracking course and great to see it showcased.

Seamus power is definitely up there with GMac for the dodgyest accent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Lahinch looks class in fairness. How would it compare to Tralee? Better or worse?( played it twice and thought it was unreal)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,182 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cracking day out. Arrived at 7.30, the park and ride was so smooth from the Doolin side (park at Liscannor).

Got right up close to some early groups so was great. Spent bit of time following McIntyre and Rock. Literally beside them on 8 and 13. That tee shot on 13 is some sight, no idea where it's going.

Was tough in morning with the dunes and the misty rain, so feet were soaked early on. Only holes didn't see were 2,3,17.

Place looked immense. Links golf is a joy to behold, and lahinch looked like it would hold it's own amongst the best. Organisation was top notch. Huge crowds today, if an Irish player was right in the mix it'd be nits over next 2 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭me89

Robin Dawson -6 thru 16 and up to 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭patob

P Harrington's putting looking fragile, missed a tiddler of no more than 2 feet, had another yesterday. Commentator mentioned that back swing was excessively long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Rock needs an eagle on the last for 59! 5 birdies in a row now with some monster putts

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭patob

tobsey wrote: »
    Rock needs an eagle on the last for 59! 5 birdies in a row now with some monster putts

Good Pro Rock, the best hair in golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Fair play to Rock, I though he might do it on the last until I saw the Mayo jersey in the background and I knew his luck would run out.

Dawson apart it's been a disastrous day for the Irish.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Fair play to Rock, I though he might do it on the last until I saw the Mayo jersey in the background and I knew his luck would run out.

Rock walked away with the first place prize money in 2009 when Shane Lowry was still an amateur. 10 years on he is in an excellent position to do it the orthodox way. His score of 60 today must be one of the lowest ever rounds in the Irish Open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The brilliantly consistent inconsistents.

patob wrote: »
    Good Pro Rock, the best hair in golf.

Tommy Fleetwood says hello!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If memory serves didn't Rock sign for an incorrect scorecard another year when leading on Friday/Saturday? He must feel liked the Irish Open owes him one

Rock walked away with the first place prize money in 2009 when Shane Lowry was still an amateur. 10 years on he is in an excellent position to do it the orthodox way. His score of 60 today must be one of the lowest ever rounds in the Irish Open?

so the course is normally a 72 but they changed it to a 70 for the tournament?

some scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Sharvin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement