Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Irish Open - Lahinch

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

maireadf wrote: »
    Is the pro am on television

No, at least not on any mainstream broadcaster.

I realize this year`s Irish Open has not properly started yet, but is there any indication yet as to where the 2020 championship will be held?

I realize this year`s Irish Open has not properly started yet, but is there any indication yet as to where the 2020 championship will be held?

The expectation is that Harrington will be the host next year and it will return to the Dublin region. The talk was Portmarnock Links but that is up for sale now so it seems to be ruled out. Have heard The Island mentioned and that they may have some course improvements in the pipeline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Would he be brave enough to go for Adare.....it needs a good recent competition test prior to Ryder Cup

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Would he be brave enough to go for Adare.....it needs a good recent competition test prior to Ryder Cup

Isn`t the JP McManus Pro Am scheduled for Adare next year? No way the Irish Open would be held there within a few weeks of the Pro Am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think K Club is a cert for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

It’s so nice out here. Weather is perfect. So relaxed out and a great laugh with the players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭techdiver

Isn`t the JP McManus Pro Am scheduled for Adare next year? No way the Irish Open would be held there within a few weeks of the Pro Am.

The Pro Am is the day after the finish of the Irish Open, so even less of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Irish open too small for Adare. Ryder Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

techdiver wrote: »
    The Pro Am is the day after the finish of the Irish Open, so even less of a chance.

Possibility of some big names at the Irish open next year then maybe.?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

I know McGinley is the tournament host, but you'd swear he's Jack Nicklaus in Memorial.

He seems to be everywhere media wise this week.

Jaysus put some of the players in the spotlight.[quote)

That's Mginley all over, it's all about self promotion. He was the same in the ryder cup. Look at his new combover and white teeth for gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

callaway92 wrote: »
    I think K Club is a cert for next year

Would have thought one of the last options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Remind me wrote: »
    Would have thought one of the last options

And it only held it a few years back. Think it will be a links course for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Exactly wrote: »

The expectation is that Harrington will be the host next year and it will return to the Dublin region. The talk was Portmarnock Links but that is up for sale now so it seems to be ruled out. Have heard The Island mentioned and that they may have some course improvements in the pipeline.
    Corballis is the hot favourite I heard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Pissartist wrote: »
    I know McGinley is the tournament host, but you'd swear he's Jack Nicklaus in Memorial.

He seems to be everywhere media wise this week.

Jaysus put some of the players in the spotlight.[quote)

That's Mginley all over, it's all about self promotion. He was the same in the ryder cup. Look at his new combover and white teeth for gods sake.

Good for him, he was an excellent RC captain and milked it, looks like Lahinch will be another excellent worldwide advertisement for Irish golf so I hope his profile rises, he well deserves it, these tournaments don't happen from behind a desk (or keyboard)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

What a day that was. Couldn’t have asked for better weather. I’m burnt to a crisp!!!

Course is looking phenomenal. Players very relaxed and hospitable today. Looking forward to week ahead.

Tommy or Matt Wallace for me

What a day that was. Couldn’t have asked for better weather. I’m burnt to a crisp!!!

Course is looking phenomenal. Players very relaxed and hospitable today. Looking forward to week ahead.

Tommy or Matt Wallace for me

Hopefully not Matt wallace!

No idea why, just have a feeling for a complete outsider. Hopefully one of the Irish lads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Louis Oosthuisen has a big chance.

Eddie Pepperell and Ryan Fox would be my outsiders.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,139 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If the weather is as good as yesterday it'll be incredible. Only going tomorrow, but in Clare already and got burnt to a crisp. Looks like it's shaping up to be another belter too

Louis Oosthuisen has a big chance.

Eddie Pepperell and Ryan Fox would be my outsiders.

From the 3 drives I saw of Louis yesterday, I’d keep my money!! Snap hooks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

3 picks for this at varying odds

Ryan Fox (2nd and 4th in the last two years)
    Soren Kjeldsen - Good links player
    Graeme McDowell - Form alone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ah balls, doesn't sound good. Gmac stumbling so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭rooney30

Corballis is the hot favourite I heard.

Come on , it’s the Irish Open , not the US open

Remember a good few years ago when the European open was on in the K Club and a friend who was at the practice day said Michael Campbell was hitting it sideways on the range and the course.....Sunday he was lifting the trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Remind me wrote: »
    Remember a good few years ago when the European open was on in the K Club and a friend who was at the practice day said Michael Campbell was hitting it sideways on the range and the course.....Sunday he was lifting the trophy

I liked Campbell, great golfer - pity to see his career go downhill.

Going to Lahinch on Saturday - hopefully the weather stays good.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭patob

Disappointing from G Mac today, swing looked out of sync, did well to finish +2.
    Course looks great on TV, nice camera work. Pity about the bungalow blight.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

marvin80 wrote: »
    I liked Campbell, great golfer - pity to see his career go downhill.

Going to Lahinch on Saturday - hopefully the weather stays good.

Going myself Saturday, can't wait!!

Saturday is looking good, not as hot as today. The course looks great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I know it’s been said before, but the course looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I know it’s been said before, but the course looks fantastic.

Absolutely. A great advertisement for the west of Ireland.

I say it every year, but the Irish Open should only be played on links courses.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Absolutely. A great advertisement for the west of Ireland.

I say it every year, but the Irish Open should only be played on links courses.

100% agree with you, I go down the west alot it really is a special part of the country, i just hope the combover doesn't take all the credit as really they are (hosting)just a figure head and name and don't actually do anything.
    Same as you know who the last couple of years ( i can't mention his name or i will be warned again, fanboys only allowed)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement