Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

National Tickets booked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I saw David O' Doherty tonight. HE WAS SO FUNNY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

My continuous assessment marks have been pretty good this year, and since they're all worth 50% I don't have to worry too much about failing everything. I'm so happy, I've really been working this year and it's finally paying off

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Almost home. After the week I've had, that thought alone makes me so happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I may have had possibly the worst week of my life what with illness and worry but that's in the past now. Still feeling rather unwell now but there's nothing I can do now except dose up on painkillers if necessary and try my best to ignore it. Whatever happens, I'm going to give this HPAT the best shot I can and do myself justice. Whatever the scenario, I'll be posting in here in less than 24 hours about how fecking delighted I am that it's over. And fingers crossed I have more than just that to yaaaaaaahh about.:)

BRING IT ON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I'm not even going to try and write a complete description of this yaaah, but Relay for Life, which I've spent the last 4 or 5 months helping to organise, was amazing, and everyone is amazing, and the American Cancer Society Relay for Life shared it on Facebook and it got loads and loads of likes and shares and AHHH and my mum's in the picture because she's class and YAY!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I spent the last few hours looking up Ocean City related stuff, I can't wait to go on my J1 now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm fairly happy with life in general right now and have been for the past few months. Far happier than I was this time twelve months ago too.

HPAT went fine! Out of the three sections, there was one that could've gone a bit better but other than that I'm pretty happy. I have absolutely no idea how I did (it's the nature of the test, no marking scheme and the like) but I'm happy that way! Back to the Leaving Cert now, thank God! :p

Sooo glad it's over! :D

Slow Show wrote: »
    HPAT went fine! Out of the three sections, there was one that could've gone a bit better but other than that I'm pretty happy. I have absolutely no idea how I did (it's the nature of the test, no marking scheme and the like) but I'm happy that way! Back to the Leaving Cert now, thank God! :p

Sooo glad it's over! :D

Congrats :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭HistoryKitty

Back to the Leaving Cert now, thank God! :p

said nobody, ever :P

except slow show ofc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Last day at work today.
    They got me a card and they all wrote goodbye messages and they got me a one for all voucher. when i went to my car after work. they'd wrote we'll miss you on the window in ice cream and sprinkles and a big ice cream smiley face on the windscreen. :) I felt loved
    won't miss the town or the shop itself. but i am going to miss everyone terribly.
    now off to bigger and better things tomorrow!
    FORWARD MOTION!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

when i went to my car after work. they'd wrote we'll miss you on the window in ice cream and sprinkles and a big ice cream smiley face on the windscreen. :)

That would piss me off something fierce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Last day at work today.
    They got me a card and they all wrote goodbye messages and they got me a one for all voucher. when i went to my car after work. they'd wrote we'll miss you on the window in ice cream and sprinkles and a big ice cream smiley face on the windscreen. :) I felt loved
    won't miss the town or the shop itself. but i am going to miss everyone terribly.
    now off to bigger and better things tomorrow!
    FORWARD MOTION!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

That would piss me off something fierce

any other day it and if it had been randomers i'd be annoyed too but with the day and the sentiment that was in it. i smiled like a gombeen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Had a really good night Friday and Saturday, really needed a day away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

11,857 words, 22 sources and some moments of despair later, my FYP is finally typed, printed and bound! Now only 5 essays, 2 exams and 1 graduation ceremony stand between me and the end of college forever for the time being.

It's bittersweet really... silly feelings and emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I got an A1 in Maths! So so so happy considering I failed the last test, I know I'm only 5th year and it means nothing but I don't care! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Well done! You think it means nothing but I'm in 6th year and didn't do a tap in 5th year, i'd look back at that maths test fondly.

• Advertisement

Got an A1 in my mock Irish oral. Where did that come from?!

Another paid day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Finally quit smoking - I feel amazing. Started exercising again too, it's a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Sleep Hard 2: Sleep Harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Sleep Hard 2: Sleep Harder.

I'd consider morning / night wood an arrgh.

Nice boys make me happy.

• Advertisement

Got a Blur ticket. So ****ing excited, gonna be amazing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Mad for everything these days, Hon the Lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

RAG Week, unreeeeeeal.
    But I've come to the stage where I'm looking forward to going home too. Dying sick and have way too many bumps,bruises and fines for my liking! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

got first class honours in my violin exam :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Passed my first Biology MCQ in college. Made one of the more serious T.As laugh when I asked for my grade. So all is well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I seriously love birthday parties. Last night was the best night I've had in months. I am slightly hoarse but the craic was mighty so it was.

Ah life <3

I'm just in a great mood at the moment :D

Also aaaaah I had my mock Irish oral today and aaarrgghhh. I am perfectly capable of speaking Irish tbh, in fact I'm probably good at it, but then I walk into an oral and royally feck it up. Tenses? Lol what are they? Reamfhocal? Nope never heard of 'em. Aaaarrgghhh, I want an A1 in the real Irish oral but whatever I got today must be miles away from that. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to learn from the experience...

Got an A1.:) I suppose I'm a bit hard on myself at times. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Got an A1.:) I suppose I'm a bit hard on myself at times. :P

Just a tad!

Second teaching inspection down, one to go. :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Snow morning woooooo

Still having the bad old down days but I genuinely cannot get over how nice everyone here is. <3

I'm gonna jump on the Irish oral bandwagon here and say that my mock actually went really well, the more I think about it. One of the questions she asked me was had I ever been to the gaeltacht and I haven' t so obviously that' s what I told her. She said afterwards though to make up a piece about it blatantly lying that I had been there because I had such a natural way of speaking that you' d swear I had been a few times.

I'm actually delighted with how it went, even though she didn't mark it.

I'm gonna jump on the Irish oral bandwagon here and say that my mock actually went really well, the more I think about it. One of the questions she asked me was had I ever been to the gaeltacht and I haven' t so obviously that' s what I told her. She said afterwards though to make up a piece about it blatantly lying that I had been there because I had such a natural way of speaking that you' d swear I had been a few times.

I'm actually delighted with how it went, even though she didn't mark it.

Loads of my friends who went got asked about the songs they learned and all that, so it might be harder to make up than you'd think! I haven't been to the Gaeltacht but I have two options for answering the question -1. say I couldn't go because we didn't have the money MAR GHEALL AR AN GCÚLU EACNAMAÍOCHTA. And there's one topic opened. The other option is to say 'Ni dheachaigh me ann riamh ach taitnionn an Ghaeilge go mór liom, is teanga álainn shaibhir í agus déanaim iarracht í a labhairt i gcónaí blah blah *talk about how great Irish is here, heck talk about the new course if you want* and boom, another topic opened.

Just my two cents on the matter anyway. Anyway it sounds way more impressive that you can speak so fluidly without even having been to the Gaeltacht! :P

Loads of my friends who went got asked about the songs they learned and all that, so it might be harder to make up than you'd think! I haven't been to the Gaeltacht but I have two options for answering the question -1. say I couldn't go because we didn't have the money MAR GHEALL AR AN GCÚLU EACNAMAÍOCHTA. And there's one topic opened. The other option is to say 'Ni dheachaigh me ann riamh ach taitnionn an Ghaeilge go mór liom, is teanga álainn shaibhir í agus déanaim iarracht í a labhairt i gcónaí blah blah *talk about how great Irish is here, heck talk about the new course if you want* and boom, another topic opened.

Just my two cents on the matter anyway. Anyway it sounds way more impressive that you can speak so fluidly without even having been to the Gaeltacht! :P
    My answer was some kind of combination of the two of those. It was supposed to ne something like "Ni raibh me riamh sa ghaeltacht. Ceapaim go bhfuil se an-chostasach ar fad agus ni maith liom an iomarca bru a chur ar me thuismitheoiri toisc go bhfuil airgid gann I lathair na huaire. Tg4, Foinse blah blah blah. Ta nios marcanna le fail don bealtriail agys I mo thuairim pearsanta fein spreagann se seo nios mo daoine a leibheil gaeilge a choimead suas........ramble ramble ramble"

Who ever knew that buns with custard in them would be possibly the most delicious thing I have ever eaten?

150 euro for 2 days work. Shots! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Off to Belfast for the weekend for a Villagers gig, win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

91% in my French mock oral! Completely unexpected :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Mumford&sons tickets purchased, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!! :D

There's a multitude of nice things happening at the very moment:
    I'm currently being courted and it's nice, college is going pretty well- getting 1Hs in lots of my things and have yet to be told I could fail my Pharmacy Practise labs, it's almost Paddy's Day and I'm going to see all my friends again.

ALL THE GOOD THINGS :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

a0ifee wrote: »
    THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!! :D

<3 Cheltenham :D

There's a carnival in town and I couldn't be more excited!!

I'm gonna go on everything 50 times and it's gonna be amazing :D:D:D

I have finally managed to get the piece of apple skin that was stuck between my front teeth out, a day and a half after I first noticed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Pizza and Opry videos make me happy. BABY YOU A SONG, YOU MAKE ME WANNA ROLL MY WINDOWS DOWN AND CRUISE

Advertisement