Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Takeaway in Lucan

Options
  • 16-08-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

hi.
    i have been disappointed with my regular chinese food as of late (can i name it?) and wanted to try somewhere new.

so where delivers the best chinese food in lucan??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

im a big fan of Famous...its in Lucan village beside the Centra.
    I think everything is fresher than the other places around the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

ive had a bad experiance with them, was 2 years ago now though!

might give them another chance, do they have a website/anywhere i can view menu online? what time do they start delivering??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Since Annadale moved out to Leixlip I haven't had a Chinese from Lucan so I'd be interested to hear views on this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

BornIn84 wrote: »
    im a big fan of Famous...its in Lucan village beside the Centra.
    I think everything is fresher than the other places around the area

+1

I use Famous all the time. Never had a bad meal from them and they're pretty good value. They're pretty quick too,the longest i've ever had to wait is 20 minutes for a delivery.

IIRC deliveries start around 17.30:)

Here's a copy of their menu:http://www.menuplease.ie/locals,,offer,1150,135,famous_chinese.html

roast duck with plum sauce, fried rice and bbq ribs at 17:30 from famous it is!!!

whats your opinions on the princess court??
    it used to love it but there was problems with the last 4-5 deliverys i got from them...

what about the 1 beside the lord lucan?? ive never tried that 1!

edit-
    has any1 tried this place (they deliver to lucan)
    http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-goldenbowl/menu#2173

• Advertisement

Tried it once and from what i can remember it was pretty good. I did have a few scoops on me though.:)

lord lucan wrote: »
    Tried it once and from what i can remember it was pretty good. I did have a few scoops on me though.:)
    i just had duck from the famous there,
    it was nice but nothing special, im going to try the golden bowl during the week, ill let you know how it is

i got so chow duck from here last night and it was very very tasty, the spring rolls where also nice and i was given a free can off coke!!

the only bad point was that i was waiting 55mins for the food but it was hot when i recived it!!!

does any1 else have any recomendations for a tasty chinese delivery??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Tried the ines in the village and they are grand but the one by Lord Lucan is my favoruite. Quick service and good food

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Black Sky

Famous in the Village for me usually...
    Drove out to "Eatzen" in Clonee recently on a friends recommendation....
    5-mins drive out by Laraghcon ....Had a take-away...
    Absolutely gorgeous.. will be going back to try some other dishes....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

Friend who lives in Esker orders from the BQ house in Palmerstown. Best Chinese take away food I have ever had and better than most chinese restaurants I've eaten in. Must pay her a visit very soon mmmmmmmmmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

What's the name of the one by the Lord Lucan? I need a takeaway tonight and it must be good!

What's the name of the one by the Lord Lucan? I need a takeaway tonight and it must be good!
    cant remember the name of it, try the princess court, the roast duck stuffed with prawns in a crab meat sauce is amazing;)

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-princesscourt/menu

edit- its called china house 016249087 (try the soo chow duck)
    http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/west_dublin/lucan/china_house_lucan/menu.aspx

cant remember the name of it, try the princess court, the roast duck stuffed with prawns in a crab meat sauce is amazing;)

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-princesscourt/menu

edit- its called china house 016249087 (try the soo chow duck)
    http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/west_dublin/lucan/china_house_lucan/menu.aspx

i take back what i said about the princess court in the quoted post.
    had a terrible experiance with them today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The Tasty is my local, and indeed it is Tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

"The Tasty Chinese" in Dodsboro is my favourite at the moment. Really nice. Tel. 01-628-2159

i have gotten food from the tasty 3 times now and it is very very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

We always order from the China House beside the Lord Lucan and we never have any complaints. Never tried the tasty or the famous. Went to the Allanadale in Leixlip a while ago and wasnt overly impressed.

Whats the Princess Garden like?

Whats the Princess Garden like?
    they left me waiting 1 and a half hours for food about 2 weeks ago. they didnt even offer an apolagy when i rang to complain.

the food is usually v.nice but the service is terrible

Earlier in this thread i extolled the virtues of Famous in Lucan Village. Sadly it seems to have gone downhill. The last couple of times i've ordered from them it's been well below par. They seem to have been taken over recently and the food is poor compared to what it used to be.

Think i may have to give China House a try next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

franksm wrote: »
    "The Tasty Chinese" in Dodsboro is my favourite at the moment. Really nice. Tel. 01-628-2159

I'll be back in Lucan visiting my parent at the end of January, whereabouts is Famous? Is it beside the Cottage stores Spar?

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I'll be back in Lucan visiting my parent at the end of January, whereabouts is Famous? Is it beside the Cottage stores Spar?

The Tasty Chinese is beside the Spar in Dodsboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ah I know it so, my parents live less than 5 minutes walk from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ah I know it so, my parents live less than 5 minutes walk from it :)

Do you remember the Wobba King? :D

Sorry for going kinda off topic but what are everyones favourite chippers in Lucan. Anyone Ive tried has been poor but then again some i havent tried in ages

Sorry for going kinda off topic but what are everyones favourite chippers in Lucan. Anyone Ive tried has been poor but then again some i havent tried in ages

Here's a thread from a couple of years ago,might give you a few ideas: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055342552&highlight=chipper

I was in the East End the other day for the first time in ages. Still not as good as it used to be but better than the Roma still imo.

Cheers, I think I remember reading that thread alright.

I tried the roma, east end and the pennyhill chipper when I moved to lucan a few years ago and was disappointed with the lot of them. I have been going to the 9th Lough in Clondalkin for chips for a while now and its top class although a bit of a spin. I was hoping one of the others might have upped their game but I stick with the 9th lough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

We've been going to China House for 11 years...even since we moved away we go back there...or sometimes to it's sister restaurant in Celbridge, China Wall. Well worth the journey. Was in China Wall with a group on Sat night and the food was possibly the best we've had in those 11 years, everyone is still talking about it.

Always thought Annadale was over-rated, once had prawns there that hadn't been cleaned out. The one in the village used to use that kinda slimy textured chicken..I hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Do you remember the Wobba King? :D

Yep, the good aul Woba King. After that it was the Flaming Wok... but what did it used to be called back in the 90s? Does anyone remember? We used to go there all the time back in the day. That and the Annadale (with their massive bags of chips) were our locals. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Tasty wins all the time! I'm still calling it woba king most of the time,

Advertisement