Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019/2020 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Be a super time for a Greenwood haul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gerry G wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour about Verthongen knocking the socks off Eriksens wife and then getting a dig in the head from Harry Kane inbthe dressing room?
    Can't imagine anyone on here is gonna be able to confirm that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any truth in the rumour about Verthongen knocking the socks off Eriksens wife and then getting a dig in the head from Harry Kane inbthe dressing room?

It’s complete and utter guff

Somebody saw a photo of Vertonghen with a black eye and designed a guff story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Can't imagine anyone on here is gonna be able to confirm that
    Sounds like a spoiler for an upcoming season of Dream Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

callaway92 wrote: »
    It’s complete and utter guff

Somebody saw a photo of Vertonghen with a black eye and designed a guff story

You're probably right. I'm sure no footballer would stick a tail in one of his team mates wives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gerry G wrote:

Erikson isn't even married.

Total bs story, but both responded to each other twitters or similar this evening to dismiss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I must be getting old. None of these euphemisms make sense anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You're probably right. I'm sure no footballer would stick a tail in one of his team mates wives

Yeh good man.

It’s a joke of a story

Erikson isn't even married.

Total bs story, but both responded to each other twitters or similar this evening to dismiss

Yep, he's not married, my bad

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yeh good man.

It’s a joke of a story

Yeah, probs. Similiar story going around about Conor Murray's mot. Some people have little to be at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Lol. Heard that last night :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

As Abraham Lincoln once tweeted: ‘you can’t believe all you hear on the internet’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cantwell called up to u21s, good sign he's fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cantwell called up to u21s, good sign he's fit.
    Norwich manager just said this about him in his press conference.
    "There is a little doubt behind Todd Cantwell. He has had some hamstring problems. We will have to see with him."

Daniel Farke says that there is a "question mark" on Todd Cantwell's hamstring but hopes to have him available for tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1180099509944233985

Klopp: "Joel [Matip] looks good, but is not ready for tomorrow. Shaq, not. Clyney, not. That's it pretty much. After the international break they are all back on track [apart from Clyne]."

"With Alisson it's still maybe, maybe not! Yesterday he trained with the team [for the first time]. Goalie sessions are often more intense than the proper football sessions. Looked really good, we will see."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pighead wrote: »
    Norwich manager just said this about him in his press conference.
    "There is a little doubt behind Todd Cantwell. He has had some hamstring problems. We will have to see with him."

Well ****e

Pep also said kdb will be back after the break
    Won’t be playing for Belgium
    Not a big injury

Adrian owners will also be nervous
    http://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1180103785278050305

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Adrian owners will also be nervous

I reckon Adrian is safe for this weekend. There's absolutely no need to rush Alisson back just before an international break.
    "It's different with goalkeepers [re "rushing" players back]. The good thing, Adrian did that well, we don't feel pressure, we don't have to rush it - but we don't. He's training already for ten days."

Cantwell trained today so the likelihood of him starting is pretty high I would say.

https://twitter.com/BigManBakar/status/1180106542118559744

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I reckon Adrian is safe for this weekend. There's absolutely no need to rush Alisson back just before an international break.

After a poor defensive performance midweek, I think in a game where we were held at home by this very team, who are arguably better than last year, we would want our very best on the field. If he's ready, he's ready. He's still 100% better than Adrian.

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    After a poor defensive performance midweek, I think in a game where we were held at home by this very team, who are arguably better than last year, we would want our very best on the field. If he's ready, he's ready. He's still 100% better than Adrian.

I just can’t see Klopp playing him when he’s been out for 2 months and lost matchday rhythm. The chance of injury re-occurrence would also play on Klopp’s mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Is Wickham still alive a senior Palace player?

According to Roy...
    "Only Mamadou. He is the only player from the senior squad who is unavailable."

I want Conor's flag wiped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

ElTel wrote:

Have him also think he is on tea lady duty maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

I just can’t see Klopp playing him when he’s been out for 2 months and lost matchday rhythm. The chance of injury re-occurrence would also play on Klopp’s mind.

Spot on. Two week international break to get him sharper for Man U on 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ElTel wrote: »

According to Roy...
    "Only Mamadou. He is the only player from the senior squad who is unavailable."

I want Conor's flag wiped!

Found this since on Wickham.

Hodgson said: "No [he won't feature tomorrow], he needs to play. The thing about Connor Wickham is he hasn't been able to string a run of games together. He's hardly played at all. The important thing now is he’s over the injury. We’ve got some games coming up where he can prove not only he’s over the injury but his match fitness."

After picking up a booking today, Lundstram is now on 3 yellows and 2 away from a suspension. Gameweek 19 is the cut-off.

Dunk is now on 4 bookings as well so one away from a one-game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dunk is killing me with the yellows, the last two have cost him 3BPS

On KDB, I think theres a danger he wont be back after the international break, hes a walking sick note, its not inconceivable that he takes three to four weeks to get over this groin strain

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Tell him I know a lad who has the cure, will have him up and running in a couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Green&Red wrote: »
    On KDB, I think theres a danger he wont be back after the international break, hes a walking sick note, its not inconceivable that he takes three to four weeks to get over this groin strain
    For their next game, he will have had three full weeks from when he picked up the injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lloris out for remainder of 2019 according to Didier Deschamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lloris out for remainder of 2019 according to Didier Deschamps.

Gazzinga might be worth a punt if they sack poch

eh i dunno wrote: »

Jeez he is only 4.4.........I have spare transfer and bench boost burning a hole in my pocket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Spurs don’t keep clean sheets tho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

eh i dunno wrote: »

He is a truly awful goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

But but but... 4.4m Busts.

I need an Adrian replacement but it probably wont be him in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I've never let that get in my way of a good bargain before.

Snapchat-804358163.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Not quite an injury I guess but Jamie Vardy’s head could be wrecked for the next couple of weeks

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/oct/09/coleen-rooney-accuses-rebekah-vardy-leaking-stories-sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Not quite an injury I guess but Jamie Vardy’s head could be wrecked for the next couple of weeks

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/oct/09/coleen-rooney-accuses-rebekah-vardy-leaking-stories-sun

The heavily pregnant wife is a concern, it’s nearly like being on 4 yellow cards - she better not go into labour on a weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

PARlance wrote: »
    But but but... 4.4m Busts.

I need an Adrian replacement but it probably wont be him in fairness

It will be interesting to here news about Alissons return to Liverpool, I guess he can't be far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Maddison after pulling out of the England squad due to illness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Nerdlingr wrote: »

An international illness it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Nerdlingr wrote: »

An international illness it seems
    Think someone like Maddison would want to be staking his claim ahead of Euro 2020 if he could

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Cartman78 wrote: »

It's being dragged out and on now. Wonder will this act in a negative or positive fashion on Vardy in the League ?

Not the same thing apart from potentially affecting your mindset but remember when Bowyer was playing for Leeds and the courtcase was pending ? He played out of his skin. Wonder would Vardy be grateful to escape on to the pitch for 90 mins and play really well or the opposite?

Colking wrote: »
    It's being dragged out and on now. Wonder will this act in a negative or positive fashion on Vardy in the League ?

Not the same thing apart from potentially affecting your mindset but remember when Bowyer was playing for Leeds and the courtcase was pending ? He played out of his skin. Wonder would Vardy be grateful to escape on to the pitch for 90 mins and play really well or the opposite?
    It’s like the type of thing Vardy would revel in tbh
    He will get dogs abuse from opp fans and will prob have a special celebration in mind !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    It’s like the type of thing Vardy would revel in tbh
    He will get dogs abuse from opp fans and will prob have a special celebration in mind !

You could be right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Colking wrote: »

If it was a teamate's wife maybe but I think he can ignore this business on the pitch. I'd agree with what's been said about him. He seems a player who needs a lot of motivating, and what better than fan abuse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement