Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Photo: In the website "Deviant Art". The user Alexiuss posted the original minus the girl etc, in 2008.

It's a recent original photo of abandoned room in one of many now abandoned buildings built by Lenin in Siberia to house summer schools for Russian children.

Another website user "Andropietro", then asks Alexiuss if he can use the photo as background photo for "photo manipulation".

I haven't followed the rest of the dialogue, and perhaps they went into private chat. But you'd have to say that the above is Andropietro's photo manipulation.

I'm sure you can contact the original photographer via Deviant Art.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

A few years ago a gran-aunt of mine was in hospital and very sick. She was quite old at the time around 86 and we were told that she most likely wouldn't live. My dad and I went to see her in the hospital one evening and a few of her daughters were there too. She was unconscious and didn't know we were there and after about an hour there we left. She was very fond of me as I apparently looked the same as her when she was a young woman. That night I was in bed and I woke up at around 4am. I heard a woman screaming very loudly all of a sudden and I got out if bed and ran out to the corridor as I thought it was my mother screaming but the minute I opened the door the screaming stopped. I went back to sleep and didn't think about it too much. The next morning dad got a call that my gran-aunt had died at 4am the same time I heard the screaming. I'm not sure if it was a banshee or some other being but certain of what I heard that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

Happened about two years ago on holiday down the country.
    I'd been having quite disturbing nightmares for a while and hoped a nice break would help. I was with family staying in an old style hotel. Stand alone with a lot of land.
    Well that night in bed I was actually having a pretty enjoyable dream, but was awoken by a slobbering sound, it was so frightening. Anyway I saw, as clear as day an woman of around 70 with her backside hanging out the window. She looked to be relieving herself. She had a furrowed brow. The smell was rife. She slowly disappeared as my fear subsided.
    I left the next morning needless to say. Although not without a word with a staff member he reporting hearing a strange bubbling in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Happened about two years ago on holiday down the country.
    I'd been having quite disturbing nightmares for a while and hoped a nice break would help. I was with family staying in an old style hotel. Stand alone with a lot of land.
    Well that night in bed I was actually having a pretty enjoyable dream, but was awoken by a slobbering sound, it was so frightening. Anyway I saw, as clear as day an woman of around 70 with her backside hanging out the window. She looked to be relieving herself. She had a furrowed brow. The smell was rife. She slowly disappeared as my fear subsided.
    I left the next morning needless to say. Although not without a word with a staff member he reporting hearing a strange bubbling in the night.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Another one for everyone here :p

Few weeks ago, my friend invited me over for a few drinks as she was feeling lonely as her parents were gone on holiday and her teen siblings had their other halves over. Her grandmother had passed away the week before so we were just chatting about all the good times etc. Needed to go to the bathroom so i got up and waited at the utility room door which you had to pass to get to the bathroom. Standing there, there was a rustle of papers and something dropped at my feet. It was a bunch of papers that were on the corkboard............on the other side of the utility room! I did inspect the walls close to where i was standing but there were no pinholes from the paper (the pin was next to the papers) so it was really freaky to say the least! No wind, no windows open. Puzzling to say the least!

As the day came to a close, i took the seat next to my friend and dragged it over to me so i could put my feet up. About 5 minutes later, i had to stop her from talking because i could feel someone next to me, similar to an actual person sitting next to you. Got annoying afterwards because i could feel something weighting on my shoulder! It stopped when i got too annoyed and moved the chair back to its original place next to my friend :p

We went to tell her sister and brother about what happened, and her sister admitted that she had a silent prayer, asking her grandmother if she was with them to give them a sign. It was a wonderful thing to experience if i'm honest. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Eskeogh21

Was sitting on the sofa last night talking to friends when i felt something fall onto my foot, i jumped a little and rubbed my foot thinking it was a spider or a fly or something, took me by surprise ,
    I looked down to see the communion necklace my nana gave me in 2000 sitting on the couch right next to my foot..
    I have recently moved out of my parents house and no for a fact when i was clearing out my room that i hadn't seen the necklace and it wasn't in any of my jewellery boxes ..

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

franklyon wrote: »
    you can't say this and not post the photo :)

now :)
    sorry for the size, but u see it better then i'd say
    2uhn4o9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Hmmm...I can't say that I see what you mean in the picture. To me, I can interpret two different areas of that highlighted corner into a face. Kind of like the man in he moon type interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

in before somebody says Pareidolia

Edit: in after somebody says Pareidolia

yeah maybe its just our mind playing us tricks...we thought back then that it looks like a skull or something, looking down to the person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

celica00 wrote: »
    yeah maybe its just our mind playing us tricks...we thought back then that it looks like a skull or something, looking down to the person

It looks like peeling wallpaper to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nonagesimal

Hi again,

My friend has settled back in Ireland with her son after being away for about 30 years and we we got talking about ghosts and she told me this story that happened to her.

She emigrated to the States in the 80's and settled in Butte, Montana. She met a man and married and had a son. They divorced a few years later. She moved out of her husband's home and into an upstairs apartment with her son above a hardware store.

After a while she noticed a few things going missing and certain items being left in strange places but thought it was her son playing as he was about 8 at the time. One day she came back from her job and noticed a crystal ornament perfectly balanced upside down. She said that it would of taken enormous skill to balance it. She thought it was her son again and started to get mad at him but he said he had not moved it.

She went out one day and bought a mini pool table to keep him occupied so she thought he wouldn't "play" with her stuff.
    This time she collected him from school and went back to the apartment and started cooking his dinner. Her son had gone into the living room to play with his new pool table . He told me he felt as if someone would now and again push his elbow so he would lose his shot on the ball. He told his mother but she told him to stop telling tales.

One night she was in bed and she said she can remember feeling the room go very cold but thought she was half awake/asleep and was a sleep paralysis thing. Another night she woke up terrified because she could hear a woman being beaten or murdered. She said it was so real that she checked the apartment and looked out her window to look down on the street below. All this time she was paying her rent to the guy downstairs in the hardware store who was a brother of the owner of the apartment. She never met the owner.

The last straw came when she came back one day and heard a woman laughing in the sitting room, she was so scared to see no one there. That is when she started to think the place was haunted. She started looking at other places but between work and her son she had little time. She sprinkled Holy water around the place but this is when it aggravated whatever was there.

One day her son was playing pool again and ran screaming into the kitchen crying, she asked him what happened and he said he was playing when he heard a woman's voice say "Nice Shot!" as clear as day into his ear. His mother grabbed him and went downstairs to the owner's brother and asked to meet him. When she did she asked him was the place haunted, he shook his head and said that he hadn't heard of anything. She didn't believe him and thought that because she was Irish , he was probably some careless fellow trying to get rid of the place to a non local and hadn't told her anything about its past. There was a dry cleaners near the apartment and she decided to ask some of the locals had anything happened there. The lady in the dry cleaners said that ten years previous a couple had lived there and the boyfriend murdered his girlfriend. It scared the hell out of her. She left that day and moved into a motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

i went to look at an old mansion i used to visit as a child the other day. its been derelict over ten years now. we went in a side door the rest of the house is boarded up. got in through the servants quarters. so we were in one room for about twenty min debating whether to move further through the house. i was curious to to see the main staircase as it was amazing when the house was open. we made our way through the house and went to the stairs. as myself and another person in the group put our feet on the stairwell to go upstairs we heard what sounded like keys jingling. with that we left and went into the entrance hall. we stopped because we thought we were hearing things. then we heard a boom boom boom. we ran down to where we entered the house. the boom started coming closer to the point that it was just outside in the hallway. the last person coming out the door got stuck and the boom was right there behind her.

at first i thought it was someone trying to frighten us but there was so much glass and debris on the ground we made a hell of a lot of noise making our way through and out of the house again. if someone was coming after us we would have heard them moving on the floor.
    the boom boom noise seemed to come from everywhere.

i had never felt fear like it as we though we wouldnt get out in time. i think whatever it was was trying to get us out of the house.

i have 2 theories as to why whatever it was frightened us out.
    the first was, the house is condemned and when we went to walk up the stairs we were warned that the house wasnt safe.
    the second i have researched and found out the lords in the house treated normal people and servants terribly, which made me think were in there part of the house and once we decided to go upstairs to the "rich" living quarters they didnt want us there and they frightened us back to the servants quartes of the house.

the other weird thing is as i said before it abandoned over ten years. there are no signs of drinking graffitti fires or any kind of vandalism. there are horse saddles lying around the house (which im sure would be worth money) and silver candle holder still on the walls, old vintage suitcases and a few other bits none of which have been touched.

not sure but it was a strange scary experience. from a place i used to have fond memories as a child the minute we stepped onto the grounds this time it was an eerie dead (no birds no noise except the trees moving) feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 6 myshell

hi.i have had a few experience my self.a few years ago.my bf and i rented a house near dunmore east.we had a 2 yr old at d time.when we moved in 1st it nothing happened only on day my 2 yr old was in her room wen i took a picture of her.when i looked at it i could c children all around her lookin out,and an old lady on d top whos face started 2 change.then d same wk i was goin up stairs when i saw a man standin at d top wearin along brown coat .another time my bf friend was stayin over he was stayin up stairs when he went 2 bed he said d door kept opening an closing.and he heard a man shouting at him.aswell as this my bf was always fighting wit me and started drinking alot he would not talk 2 me in d house but wen we were away frm d house he was normal.and d house was always cold.also my 2 yr old turned 3 and started 2 tel me that she has 2 new friends that come 2 play in d nite time with her.we moved out shortly after.and things r normal.we can never look at d house when we pass.der is a load more that happened in d house aswel but do nt want 2 bore u

myshell wrote: »
    hi.i have had a few experience my self.a few years ago.my bf and i rented a house near dunmore east.we had a 2 yr old at d time.when we moved in 1st it nothing happened only on day my 2 yr old was in her room wen i took a picture of her.when i looked at it i could c children all around her lookin out,and an old lady on d top whos face started 2 change.then d same wk i was goin up stairs when i saw a man standin at d top wearin along brown coat .another time my bf friend was stayin over he was stayin up stairs when he went 2 bed he said d door kept opening an closing.and he heard a man shouting at him.aswell as this my bf was always fighting wit me and started drinking alot he would not talk 2 me in d house but wen we were away frm d house he was normal.and d house was always cold.also my 2 yr old turned 3 and started 2 tel me that she has 2 new friends that come 2 play in d nite time with her.we moved out shortly after.and things r normal.we can never look at d house when we pass.der is a load more that happened in d house aswel but do nt want 2 bore u

where abouts was the house?

its at d back of d church der is a road d takes u down 2 frams and a beach.

farm not frams.my fone is playing up

i went to look at an old mansion i used to visit as a child the other day. its been derelict over ten years now. we went in a side door the rest of the house is boarded up. got in through the servants quarters. so we were in one room for about twenty min debating whether to move further through the house. i was curious to to see the main staircase as it was amazing when the house was open. we made our way through the house and went to the stairs. as myself and another person in the group put our feet on the stairwell to go upstairs we heard what sounded like keys jingling. with that we left and went into the entrance hall. we stopped because we thought we were hearing things. then we heard a boom boom boom. we ran down to where we entered the house. the boom started coming closer to the point that it was just outside in the hallway. the last person coming out the door got stuck and the boom was right there behind her.

at first i thought it was someone trying to frighten us but there was so much glass and debris on the ground we made a hell of a lot of noise making our way through and out of the house again. if someone was coming after us we would have heard them moving on the floor.

i had never felt fear like it as we though we wouldnt get out in time. i think whatever it was was trying to get us out of the house.

the first was, the house is condemned and when we went to walk up the stairs we were warned that the house wasnt safe.
    the second i have researched and found out the lords in the house treated normal people and servants terribly, which made me think were in there part of the house and once we decided to go upstairs to the "rich" living quarters they didnt want us there and they frightened us back to the servants quartes of the house.

the other weird thing is as i said before it abandoned over ten years. there are no signs of drinking graffitti fires or any kind of vandalism. there are horse saddles lying around the house (which im sure would be worth money) and silver candle holder still on the walls, old vintage suitcases and a few other bits none of which have been touched.

not sure but it was a strange scary experience. from a place i used to have fond memories as a child the minute we stepped onto the grounds this time it was an eerie dead (no birds no noise except the trees moving) feeling

just to add heres a few pics of the house

oh cool must try find it sometimes. i have a weird fascination with spinning around trying to find freaky looking haunted houses ha

yeah r u cud go 2 carbally house near saleens beach we spent alot of time der grown up as my dad was friendly wit old lady.

• Advertisement

yeah r u cud go 2 carbally house near saleens beach we spent alot of time der grown up as my dad was friendly wit old lady.

ah cool ill check that out

Can you post the pics @myshell? sounds freaky!

@myshell @celica00

yeah i looked it up there. its after being turned into an airsoft site, check it out. pity the house is all boarded up

http://www.whiskeydelta.net/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Manor-Airsoft-Site/404721879580473

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

myshell, if you wouldnt mind, please dont use txspk if at all possible. :) Tis a boards.ie rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Alright mate. Very spooky looking place. Where abouts is it? Such a shame the place hasnt been restored ot bought but if those shennanigans are going on no wonder!
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭franklyon

only on day my 2 yr old was in her room wen i took a picture of her.when i looked at it i could c children all around her lookin out,and an old lady on d top whos face started 2 change.

I wouldn't mind seeing the photo if you could upload it....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

whitfield, ive been there more times than i can count. first time it was the middle of the night and there was fog everywhere. that place is definitely not haunted. ive never once gotten a weird feeling or had any experiences in there. that booming was probably somebody else in there, maybe upstairs. did you go up to the roof? and theres parts where you can creep around the attic too. its a cool place but honestly ive been there more than 20 times and it was usually in the dead of night, hoping to see or experience something, and nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

whitfield, ive been there more times than i can count. first time it was the middle of the night and there was fog everywhere. that place is definitely not haunted. ive never once gotten a weird feeling or had any experiences in there. that booming was probably somebody else in there, maybe upstairs. did you go up to the roof? and theres parts where you can creep around the attic too. its a cool place but honestly ive been there more than 20 times and it was usually in the dead of night, hoping to see or experience something, and nothing :(

You may be right and everything the poster experienced could be explainedin one way or another, but just because you have never experienced something there does not mean somebody else's experiences aren't real. Some individuals are just more in tune with the spiritual realm than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sillybeggar

I agree with filmbuffboy but the mind can also play tricks when people are in frightening places or situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭justmehere

St. Kevin's Church, Glendalough. Ghost of a monk or trick of the light?

24phsvp.jpg
    From tinypic: http://i44.tinypic.com/24phsvp.jpg

Advertisement