Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Getting nasty now on Twitter between Khabib and Conor.

What's being said? I'm not on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

See u in Moscow, pussy.
    €&@“;(+$ are not expected in Moscow.
    Just now Conor posted a pic of him getting a russia visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

That's like posting to boards and saying 'I'm not on the internet'.

Conor's just clambering for a red panty night.
    I hope Khabib keeps stringing him along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

What’s the story?

Seriously you wold think with all this stuff hanging over him he would be quite.

Seems he doesn’t care one bit.

• Advertisement

lola85 wrote: »
    Seriously you wold think with all this stuff hanging over him he would be quite.

If he cared about stuff hanging over him then he wouldn't be doing that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

What’s the story?

Makes no difference at this point,if he is quiet people will say hes awfully quiet a sign of guilt etc etc.

Just wonder myself how long stuff like this can hang over someone without it going one way or the other.

Feel like Dana/UFC isn't gonna book him in a fight till something gets resolved and thats probably his issue with Dana at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

He's embarrassing. Really can't accept the fact he got beaten by the better man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

What’s the story?

He's taking the attention away from it and getting people talking about a childish exchange with Khabib on twitter instead. Sure didn't he say he was retiring around the time of the first New York Times article?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ended well last time he got into twitter war with khabib..
    Khabib to him now that (famous Irish sports star) are not accepted in russia

• Advertisement

He’s got very little chance of beating Khabib. I’d rather see him fight someone he could win against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Effects wrote: »
    He’s got very little chance of beating Khabib. I’d rather see him fight someone he could win against.

I’d like to see him fight khabib every week. Khabibs da as special guest referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I'd like to see him get a comprehensive beat down by Porrier or Gathje.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I'd like to see him give a comprehensive beat down to Porrier (again) and Gathje.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I'd like to see the justice system give him a beatdown. But I'd settle for a Gathje/Porrier beatdown either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Depends on the length of the fight as well. He's got a great chance against Porrier or Justin in a 3 round fight. 5 round a different kettle of fish altogether against powerful strikers if he doesn't get a TKO in the first 3.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/conor-mcgregor-ufc-news-notorious-20665443

He's holding presser in Russia Thursday to promote proper 12

dave1982 wrote: »
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/conor-mcgregor-ufc-news-notorious-20665443

He's holding presser in Russia Thursday to promote proper 12

Keep that crap to the off topic thread.

Keep that crap to the off topic thread.

Have you anything on topic bout mma and conor? Are you a mod. I assume answer is no to both.... So keep scrolling

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Almost definitely going to be about whiskey.

• Advertisement

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Almost definitely going to be about whiskey.

Yeah. He was trying to goad Khabib into a confrontation, but was quickly put in his place.
    Hope we will see the fighting Conor back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

#Proper12

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have you anything on topic bout mma and conor? Are you a mod. I assume answer is no to both.... So keep scrolling

It goes in the off-topic thread..less of your smart comments.
    MMA talk only folks, you have been told plenty of times

Yeah, all my posts here are exclusively about Conor and fighting.

I'm sure Conor would love to start some drama with Khabib in Russia to boost sales of his whiskey. But it's doubtful he'll get to fight Khabib for a long while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yeah, all my posts here are exclusively about Conor and fighting.

I'm sure Conor would love to start some drama with Khabib in Russia to boost sales of his whiskey. But it's doubtful he'll get to fight Khabib for a long while yet.

Well yes, other than a McGregor fight would make Khabib more money than any other fight and it would be less risky for Khabib than most other potential opponents (certainly less risky than a fight v Ferguson anyway).

I think Khabib would love it but is playing hard to get. Dana would of course sanction it in a heartbeat.

However, if you were advising McGregor, you'd be saying steer well clear of Khabib (forever! or at the very least until you've a few very good wins in the bag). The recently rumoured Edgar clash would still make him a lot of money and would be very winnable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Any fight for McG is winnable, except the Khabib rematch. I mean, there's always that punchers chance, but I just can't see him winning a rematch even if you ran it back several times. Not a slight either, it just is what it is, McGregor is a relatively one dimensional power striker and Khabib is an utterly insane wrestler.

In comparison he'd have a good chance of a TKO against most of the other top LW guys. That's not me saying he'd get it, but it's a reasonable possibility. People need to let go of this whole "if he loses again he'll be nothing" line because he'll be relevant for a very long time in terms of draw/money. He could lose his next few fights and still be a reasonable draw.

Really depends on Conor. What does he want at this point, notwithstanding a combination is likely. Money? A legacy? Revenge? Impossible to predict his match-ups right now to be honest, god knows what way he is thinking. To be honest I can't see him losing to Frankie Edgar in any scenario unless he's gone way, way off the deep end with training.

Homelander wrote: »
    Any fight for McG is winnable, except the Khabib rematch. I mean, there's always that punchers chance, but I just can't see him winning a rematch even if you ran it back several times. Not a slight either, it just is what it is, McGregor is a relatively one dimensional power striker and Khabib is an utterly insane wrestler.

In comparison he'd have a good chance of a TKO against most of the other top LW guys. That's not me saying he'd get it, but it's a reasonable possibility. People need to let go of this whole "if he loses again he'll be nothing" line because he'll be relevant for a very long time in terms of draw/money. He could lose his next few fights and still be a reasonable draw.

Really depends on Conor. What does he want at this point, notwithstanding a combination is likely. Money? A legacy? Revenge? Impossible to predict his match-ups right now to be honest, god knows what way he is thinking. To be honest I can't see him losing to Frankie Edgar in any scenario unless he's gone way, way off the deep end with training.

He wants the belt back so he gets the power that he used to have.
    He doesn’t really deserve an immediate rematch, it makes no sense apart from ppv ratings.
    I think he should be prepared to fight a pop LW like Poirer or Gatche, and if he was to win that he would have a very credible claim to fight Khabib or Ferguson for the belt.
    He seems to have the self belief that he can still beat everyone, but he doesn’t seem to train to the same level as before, or to the level that Khabib seems to train all year round.

Conor is in Russia. Watch ur back Khabib he gonna get u even if ur in Istanbul at the Galatasaray Madrid match!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Homelander wrote: »
    Any fight for McG is winnable

Quite the backing for someone who only has one win at Lightweight which came against a guy who is no longer plying his trade in the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Quite the backing for someone who only has one win at Lightweight which came against a guy who is no longer plying his trade in the UFC.

But he was at the time and Champion having just beat RDA and Pettis .......or are we only counting Alvares as of now?

Advertisement