Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »
    Well the weekend went quickly.
    Heading to the leaba as I have an early start tomorrow.
    Stay warm, one and all, and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Ahhh here did it what! A click of the fingers and it's gone, of course now Friday will take ages to come again :rolleyes:

Bedside with a white roll and ham and a cupan tae and a hot water bottle 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Perched on the couch feeling very contented. Had the most lovely day yesterday. One of those Lou Reed perfect days surrounded by family and everyone relaxed and having a good time. :)

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Thanks everyone so much for the lovely messages of condolences and support. I'm ok - just very reflective and thoughtful and, at times, a little sad. :)

Hard to believe it's been 29 years. At times it seems like yesterday. Mum was a month shy of 47 when she died, suddenly of a massive heart attavk. No warning. I was just 15, my two older sisters were 21 and 20 at the time. But my late father was fantastic and we got through it somehow. But none of us will ever forget and always keep a very special place for our mum in our hearts. :)

Again, a million thanks guys. That's what makes thread the best on After Hours!

Very sorry to hear that Jupiter Kid. My condolences.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    Fireside chillin (bit of a contradiction)
    My M.I.A. cat rocked up this evening ... if you had a video of me when I saw his cute little mug!

We demand pictures of said cat honeybear :3 🐈

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Ahhh here did it what! A click of the fingers and it's gone, of course now Friday will take ages to come again :rolleyes:

Bedside with a white roll and ham and a cupan tae and a hot water bottle 😀

Bedside with hot water bottle for me too. So good and sleepy snoozy.

Sergers, I give you your bowl back. If....

Yougointoworkformetomorrow.

Oh - and your roll needs some cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Freezing my nuts off standing on the west Atlantic coast trying to catch sight of the meteor shower, it’s 0.5 degrees, will give up when it gets to 0.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

smurfjed wrote: »
    Freezing my nuts off standing on the west Atlantic coast trying to catch sight of the meteor shower, it’s 0.5 degrees, will give up when it gets to 0.0

Fexk. Really? It’s 6 degrees here, and I’m like an icepop outside. Have gone soft.

Enjoy the meteor shower!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In my favourite chair in my living room, listening to music, unable to sleep.

Feeling very thoughtful and rather sad. Today is my late mother’s anniversary. Nearly 30 years - over a lifetime for many of you here on After Hours, but at times it seems just like yesterday. :( She was not quite 47 years of age and I was 15 and just gone into Transition Year at school.

To say her sudden and tragic death was a tragedy for my family is an understatement. I have been very close to crying.

Miss you so so much tonight mum!

Oh JK I just want to give you a big hug now reading that. Thinking of you and your lovely mum. How terrible to lose her so young.

I lost my dad when I was 27. It was awful and really impacted me but I had the benefit of age on my side. I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a parent so young.

At times like this I'm always reminded of that quote from Winnie the pooh - "how lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A boring old supermacs but it was positively lush :D
    Festive five ounce burger is back, its beautiful, check it out.

• Advertisement

In the sweet leaba where dreams are made. Getting ready for the coma. :D

Bedside also,freshly washed bed clothes make all the difference ...thinking of different excuses I could ring in to work in the morning to avoid going in...would I get away with saying the neighbours dog ate my car?😥

Hugs JK..I honestly feel your sadness from your posts,hope the lovely memories of your mam ease the pain a little x.

Bedside with hot water bottle for me too. So good and sleepy snoozy.

Sergers, I give you your bowl back. If....

Yougointoworkformetomorrow.

🤔🤔

Done deal :3

Sleepy time for sephers, Sweet dreams all 😴 💤 x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Off to Leabaland. Night All! Codladh Sámh!

Was a hard week, I have always thought about my, now ex, everyday. So, still thinking about him, but feels sad now.
    Like someone has kicked me in the chest, every time.
    But, people get through much much worse, so am still thinking about him, but trying to keep busy......
    I visited the Inna today, 26 years in Dublin & today was the first time.
    Very lovely buildings & grounds, if anyone is at a loss in Dublin anytime, recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Tucked up in bed with hot water bottle.
    Night all and here’s hoping there’s a national broadcast in the morning saying all work is cancelled! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m delighted not to have to set an alarm for the morning :D

Now couchside watching F1 highlights :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside relaxing. Second date with yer man couldn’t have gone any better :D could be in the running to become my favourite man :pac:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Couchside relaxing. Second date with yer man couldn’t have gone any better :D could be in the running to become my favourite man :pac:

Delighted for you Kitty ((Hugs))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Goodnight all. After watching Celebrity and off to bed now.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching queer eye, stew damn tasty, can't until its sat for a day. Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Early start. Would dive straight in but I'm waiting for sick stomach to pass.It might be "peeing on a stick time" as a friend so eloquently put it. Will leave it another while before scaring the bejesus out of myself. The one I have has a window with the date in weeks. I'm not ready for that yet.

Also need inspiration. Looking at pantone colour charts and half liking the fanciful descriptions but half wondering who comes up with this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

So hard to get out of bed this morning.
    Enjoying a nice coffee before heading out shortly to work.
    Have a good day everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....Head on out across that line, where she's been waiting all this time and tell her that you want her there forever..

Morning all

There's a hard frost and bits of fog -2.6C

Kitchenside - I think I'll have 2 bowls of porridge :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Officially on leave from today.. Going to the beach for a run shortly, then home to pack for a few days away with my daughter in London.

She has a seminar there tomorrow so I'll be getting left at the Tower of London to take the official beef eaters tour. Then we're off to the Harry Potter studios, she's Potter crazy and was like a child when we were in the shop at platform 9 3/4 in Kings Cross station so she's chomping at the bit for the biggie

Lots of eating and drinking will be done too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Stuffing my face with toast and tea. House is lovely and warm, don't want to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

This is an official national broadcast. All work is cancelled.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

This is an official national broadcast. All work is cancelled.... :pac:

I LOVE IT!!!

In from walkies ... it’s FREEZING! Hope everyone has a cosy Monday!

Lovely frosty morning. Start of a new week. Hopefully this one is better then last week!

At me desk with a coffee. Mother Mary pray for us, Jesus of Nazareth pray for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

I've actually decided work is cancelled for me today. Still in bed. I'll be fired at this rate. I blame the new manager being a dick :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Workside with a coffee. Hope everyone has a good day and that Ireland beat the Danes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

the inna
    the what ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭I says

Doctors appointment for the flu jab and before ye bastards say I’m a pensioner, it’s because of my occupation.

Morning all :)

Oh it's a Happy Monday!!!

Date night with my favourite man :)

That meme instantly brought to mind "Cup of tea...Cup of tea... ooh, almost got shagged!...Cup of tea..." Spike , in Buffy the vampire slayer ( which I saw on youtube this year and never realised how dry and amusing it can be. And she had great outfits.)

I'm tableside at home doing some first aid on my hand. Nothing serious just annoying.I should've been taking care of my hands as I work with them. Stupid of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Airport, homeward bound.

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Oh it's a Happy Monday!!!

Date night with my favourite man :)

🤔🤔

I thought our date night was Wednesday this week 🤔? Hmmmm........

😛😛

Canteen side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Decided to take Richo for a walk instead of my run earlier

07:30am and minus -2c on Portmarnock beach this morning

495543.jpg

495544.jpg

I'll run later.

smurfjed wrote: »
    the what ?

sorry!!
    should be IMMA :D

gorgeous pics Mak!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fabulous morning. Back from a long walk. I love the clean cool dry air.

Coffee is brewing and the heat is on; though there's great heat through the south facing windows right now.

Another week: I hope all have a good and safe one.

I love leccy blankie. Disgusted I've to go adult soon :pac:

Walk walk in the light..... still living the dream here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The auld bones are acting up today , slow to get going... lol !
    Coffee time , gorgeous sunshine , bright cheery day :)

I love leccy blankie. Disgusted I've to go adult soon :pac:

I'm disgusted everyday I have to adult 😛

Canteen side again.

Psychology appointment done for another week.. Yeesh it's intense. Work soon, not ideal but can't complain.. Hope all yall are warmly tucked up at home later for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sick of the coldside, it's going to be a looooooooong winter.

Sick of the coldside, it's going to be a looooooooong winter.

Relax, it's going to be warmer at 6 tomorrow morning than it is now.

Fire lit, dinner eaten, washed up and time for the news. And it's Only Connect and University Challenge night to boot. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, at home after a long day at work. Glad to be indoors on such a cold day. Really miss a fire right now!!

In bed. I'll be up and down doing jobs. I was trying to pull hard on some rope without wrapping my fingers fully around it because they're sore and my hand slid off and punched my own face. Theres something so infuriating about that. Its like banging your funny bone.

In bed. I'll be up and down doing jobs. I was trying to pull hard on some rope without wrapping my fingers fully around it because they're sore and my hand slid off and punched my own face. Theres something so infuriating about that. Its like banging your funny bone.

Sorry, can't resist

HelplessIllfatedEskimodog-max-1mb.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement