Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Depends what you're buying I suppose. I recently bought La Gear and Lee Cooper for my lot and the quality is excellent considering the prices. No clothing brand or retailer are unstained when it comes to workers conditions and sweat shops etc. You'd be boycotting a hell of a lot of brands on moral grounds.

Doesn't make it right but the nature of bargain hunting and internet shopping isn't exactly driving the moral standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Its been said / noted numerous times before but its blatantly obvious that once a brand in taken over by Sports Direct (Vision Street Wear, No Fear, Firetrap to name a few) - the quality falls off a cliff. Obviously they're buying the brand name then switching production to the lowest cost base (materials / quality controls / location etc).

Fine if you can view what you're buying beforehand , but risky when buying from the net and from a company with a crappy returns policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Well the jack & jones jacket I got in the flash sale for my dad arrived. Its not even jack and jones. It's a brand called fabric.
    Placed an order Thursday night pity I didn't know about the free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

snalan wrote: »

Well thats just typical i placed a big order only 2 hours ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    Its been said / noted numerous times before but its blatantly obvious that once a brand in taken over by Sports Direct (Vision Street Wear, No Fear, Firetrap to name a few) - the quality falls off a cliff. Obviously they're buying the brand name then switching production to the lowest cost base (materials / quality controls / location etc).

Fine if you can view what you're buying beforehand , but risky when buying from the net and from a company with a crappy returns policy.

Actually out of all the shoes/runners I've got from them the No Fear ones were of a very high standard , certainly miles better than Airwalk ones, which you might as well be walking on air lol

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Just ordered 75ml of issey miyake aftershave for 20 pounds 30 euro good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Jasper79 wrote: »

Do you have the link? I can only find some version of Issey Miyake perfume called "Pleats Please" when I search.

Edit: Actually if you search on Google you can find the item but not on the .com or .ie Sports Direct website. Weird!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Some of the sizing of the products is actually so off that it is hilarious. Will probably stop ordering from them with that and the erratic quality. A few products can be great, but more often than not lately the quality is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Our last 2 delivers from sports direct we're in an excess of 400 euro each. 3 massive big boxes each time. Banded t-****e, Tracksuit trousers 20eu in the retail shop came in at 60% off way less than 8 eu. I picked up 4 pairs got myself and 3 for the son. My 3 younger girls got several Disney outfits each (frozen and doc mc stuffin) all 50% off.

Box loads of runners. 3 and 4 pairs for each person in the house.

I will never buy in the sports world retail store again.

The amount of mark up there making is out right scandalous

Our first order was during the summer and the second order is for Christmas.

Sportsdirect all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

spongbob wrote: »
    Our last 2 delivers from sports direct we're in an excess of 400 euro each. 3 massive big boxes each time. Banded t-****e, Tracksuit trousers 20eu in the retail shop came in at 60% off way less than 8 eu. I picked up 4 pairs got myself and 3 for the son. My 3 younger girls got several Disney outfits each (frozen and doc mc stuffin) all 50% off.

Box loads of runners. 3 and 4 pairs for each person in the house.

I will never buy in the sports world retail store again.

The amount of mark up there making is out right scandalous

Our first order was during the summer and the second order is for Christmas.

Sportsdirect all the way

I agree, the price of runners in sports shops are awfull..

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Is this a bargain alerts thread or have a moan about SD ?? Most know that we'll over 50% of their items are poor quality made in sweatshops in the Far East.its the typical story you get what you pay for.

I buy the odd time from them actually the last item was an Irish rugby shirt that some one posted an alert on this thread.
    So please there are other areas for online buying that ye can start threads moaning about quality and service.some will slate me here some will agree but hey people could we keep things on topic.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Jasper79 wrote: »

Did you get this through? i ordered a load of perfume and aftershave as it was half the price of boots and then threw in a 1.99 toy.....got mail today to sat they cant ship the perfume internationally but my 1.99 toy was on the way plus 7.99 shipping of course....raging! More so as needed the perfume and they were such a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

POKERKING wrote: »
    Did you get this through? i ordered a load of perfume and aftershave as it was half the price of boots and then threw in a 1.99 toy.....got mail today to sat they cant ship the perfume internationally but my 1.99 toy was on the way plus 7.99 shipping of course....raging! More so as needed the perfume and they were such a good price.

I had an Adidas giftset added to my order a few months ago and it arrived no bother. It included a 100ml bottle of EDT.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

POKERKING wrote: »
    Did you get this through? i ordered a load of perfume and aftershave as it was half the price of boots and then threw in a 1.99 toy.....got mail today to sat they cant ship the perfume internationally but my 1.99 toy was on the way plus 7.99 shipping of course....raging! More so as needed the perfume and they were such a good price.[/quote

No.Didn't go through after unfortunately got an email cancelling the order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭uli84

Soarer wrote: »
    I had an Adidas giftset added to my order a few months ago and it arrived no bother. It included a 100ml bottle of EDT.

You got lucky i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭uli84

Anybody knows if they deliver perfumes to NI (fromUK site)?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

any one know if they are quick at delivering this time of year?

Ordered christmas pressies last sunday night as it was free delivery but they still haven't despatched them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

foxy_j wrote: »

Ordered christmas pressies last sunday night as it was free delivery but they still haven't despatched them :(

I ordered stuff last wed(9th) and they arrived saturday morning via dhl

Thanks for that :)

Didn't know they delivered at the weekend. Its my work address so hopefully it'll be a week day delivery!

• Advertisement

foxy_j wrote:

Yep ordered last Thursday (night) and arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Was it personalised stuff? Ordinary gear is usually sent out straight away (next day) but personalised stuff (jerseys with crest, name, number etc.) can take a good while - 2 weeks or so.

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Was it personalised stuff? Ordinary gear is usually sent out straight away (next day) but personalised stuff (jerseys with crest, name, number etc.) can take a good while - 2 weeks or so.

Nope just normal stuff. Did get an email on Monday from Barlin delivery confirming order but not saying they had it.

The status on Sports Direct website is its still processing!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Nope just normal stuff. Did get an email on Monday from Barlin delivery confirming order but not saying they had it.

You'll get another email soon from them with a DHL tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

uli84 wrote: »
    Anybody knows if they deliver perfumes to NI (fromUK site)?

Its Mainland UK only AFAIK. Amazon are the same with anything glass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Very unusual to take so long - they're normally very quick! Still, a week to Christmas Eve so you should definitely be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I paid extra for three-day shipping on an item, and after 2 days, DHL haven't even received it (their site just says "information received"). Barlin Delivery (who do overseas deliveries for Sports Direct) will only say it was "collected by a courier". Utterly useless. I needed the items for Monday and reckon I don't have a hope.

P.

Finally got an email saying its been processed and awaiting courier pick up.

Getting it sent to my work address and we finish up for christmas on a half day on the 23rd and closed til the 4th of Jan so if it arrives after that I don't know what will happen to it....eek

Hopefully not

foxy_j wrote:
    Getting it sent to my work address and we finish up for christmas on a half day on the 23rd and closed til the 4th of Jan so if it arrives after that I don't know what will happen to it....eek

You'll get a text from DHL with a link and you can click it and alter the address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭893bet

The lack of bargains in this thread...................

Can we stop the off topic chat......tired of checking it and there being nothing but chat

This is a good price below.
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/dkny-linen-biker-jacket-606826?colcode=60682605

It is build for a very slight build though. Bought a large one and it is suitable for the lads from one direction. Will send it back as i dont like the general fit/style. Still a good price for smart casual jacket from a "brand".

Advertisement