Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭weshtawake

Had a recent issue with an Everlast pair of runners and can reiterate comments here about poor quality products from SD.
    Are there any other similar type sites which people might recommend??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

weshtawake wrote: »
    Had a recent issue with an Everlast pair of runners and can reiterate comments here about poor quality products from SD.
    Are there any other similar type sites which people might recommend??

Sorry u has a bad experience with sd. Iv had a great experience with sd. Any products iv bought from them are of high quality and will continue to buy more. Would you not give it another go with sd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sorry u has a bad experience with sd. Iv had a great experience with sd. Any products iv bought from them are of high quality and will continue to buy more. Would you not give it another go with sd?

Serious? High quality and sports direct used in the same sentence. Suspicious methinks.

Utter tat that falls to bits is my experience. Just because something is cheap does not make it a bargain. Caught out once. Never again.

OldRio wrote: »
    Serious? High quality and sports direct used in the same sentence. Suspicious methinks.

Utter tat that falls to bits is my experience. Just because something is cheap does not make it a bargain. Caught out once. Never again.

Well it depends on the brand you get doesn't it! sd have all the top brands too at a cheaper price. Anyone I know that gets get from SD are very happy but like anything else there will always be a few people who are not happy. Iv used my gear I got from SD in all kinds of weather conditions and it's been perfect. If u buy the cheapest of the cheap well its not going to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ive bought plenty off SD over the last few yearsand cant fault them at all.

Anything high quality branded stuff such as Nike, Calloway, Adidas etc has all been of the high quality you would exepect on any high street shop.

Any cheap crap I have bought has actually all been verg good value....... Maybe not amazing quality, but certainly wouldnt be expecting that for the money paid.

All in all, great service, even when they made a mistake on an order they were very quick to fix it.

I think some of you guys are being unfair and overdemanding. If you pay feck all for something, dont expect its going to last forever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

On there recent Jeans Sale i purchased 2 pairs of 508 LEVIS.Was very surprised how light and thin they felt so i checked out same quality jeans in main Shop in City.These had all the labels but are not the same weight or quality.I feel ripped off.Some would say what do you expect at that price but these were advertised as being the real deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

DERICKOO wrote: »
    On there recent Jeans Sale i purchased 2 pairs of 508 LEVIS.Was very surprised how light and thin they felt so i checked out same quality jeans in main Shop in City.These had all the labels but are not the same weight or quality.I feel ripped off.Some would say what do you expect at that price but these were advertised as being the real deal.
    Contact UK Trading Standards if you believe they are fake
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/

not saying u are lying but you must be mistaken. SD do NOT sell fake brands or less quality of the same brand name. Contact trading standards as suggested but sd are legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭OldRio

Seve OB wrote: »
    Ive bought plenty off SD over the last few yearsand cant fault them at all.

Anything high quality branded stuff such as Nike, Calloway, Adidas etc has all been of the high quality you would exepect on any high street shop.

Any cheap crap I have bought has actually all been verg good value....... Maybe not amazing quality, but certainly wouldnt be expecting that for the money paid.

All in all, great service, even when they made a mistake on an order they were very quick to fix it.

I think some of you guys are being unfair and overdemanding. If you pay feck all for something, dont expect its going to last forever at all

FYP

snubbleste wrote: »
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/report-to-trading-standards/
    What i will do first is bring them to a official Levis reseller to compare. Ask the for there opinion and show them the receipt. Then i will have solid grounds for my complaint.Normally wear Wrangler or Levis.This is new year before i will get the time.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    What i will do first is bring them to a official Levis reseller to compare. Ask the for there opinion and show them the receipt. Then i will have solid grounds for my complaint.Normally wear Wrangler or Levis.This is new year before i will get the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Those Levi's may be "real", but they might be from a different area of the world where thinner denim is preferred.

Kinda like Coke tastes different everywhere. It's all still Coke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Soarer wrote: »
    Those Levi's may be "real", but they might be from a different area of the world where thinner denim is preferred.

Kinda like Coke tastes different everywhere. It's all still Coke though.

I bought several chinos trousers just before xmas, ranging from €12 to €15. I thought I'd gotten a great bargain until they arrived. They're very lightweight and totally unsuitable for the Irish climate. I reckon the only opportunities I'll get to wear them is indoors or during very warm spells here. If the product had been described as 'summer' wear or 'suitable for warm climates' I wouldn't have bought them as I no longer get to places like France, Spain, etc. I'm sure the trousers are perfectly suitable for wearing in those countries during summer months but alas they're of very limited use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bagels wrote: »
    I bought several chinos trousers just before xmas, ranging from €12 to €15. I thought I'd gotten a great bargain until they arrived. They're very lightweight and totally unsuitable for the Irish climate. I reckon the only opportunities I'll get to wear them is indoors or during very warm spells here. If the product had been described as 'summer' wear or 'suitable for warm climates' I wouldn't have bought them as I no longer get to places like France, Spain, etc. I'm sure the trousers are perfectly suitable for wearing in those countries during summer months but alas they're of very limited use to me.

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

I posted earlier in this thread. I seen that Levi offer but even from the pics I thought something was up. I didn't order in the end, sorry to hear you did.

I don't however think they are fake but I'm sure they're not the quality of a pair you'd buy in Debenhams or wherever.

I reckon that with the buying power of SD normally quality brands like Levi are either making cheaper versions of their product or letting SD use the brand name on some cheaper product.

It happens elsewhere why not here. There is the odd deal but I won't be going near them again fwiw.

Seve OB wrote: »
    And?
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Why would you expect a pair of chino's/jeans/etc. that cost €15 to be the same as a pair you'd usually pay three or four times that for? Have you never heard of an outlet shop? The products for sale on the website are the products not good enough for the shop floor or stock they can't sell. Sportsdirect.com is just a multi brand outlet store. Its cheap for a reason. Shops don't sell clothes worth €80 for €15 just because they are online. Like any outlet store the quality will be hit and miss, you get what you pay for.

Why would you expect a pair of chino's/jeans/etc. that cost €15 to be the same as a pair you'd usually pay three or four times that for? Have you never heard of an outlet shop? The products for sale on the website are the products not good enough for the shop floor or stock they can't sell. Sportsdirect.com is just a multi brand outlet store. Its cheap for a reason. Shops don't sell clothes worth €80 for €15 just because they are online. Like any outlet store the quality will be hit and miss, you get what you pay for.

End of line/Clearance sale/Moving premises/Shop soiled/etc etc etc
    Yes.
    "stock they can't sell" don't have to be inferior.
    Obviously.
    Again, obviously.
    Is that so? Says who?
    Incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone how big these bags are. can't see a size on the site.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/no-fear-carry-holdall-805056?colcode=80505641

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

L87, W51, D54cm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭cena

Colser wrote: »
    L87, W51, D54cm

Where did you find that out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

cena wrote: »

In the link you posted...

Product info.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

cena wrote: »
    As above..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

any codes or vouchers for sportsdirect ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

10% off Everything!! Ends Midnight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

MikeOis wrote: »
    delivery is all it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

MikeOis wrote: »
    Nice One! Thanks Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Trev De rev

The mug is back. Free when you spend €24. Hopefully free post and £1 to €1 will be back to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

The mug is back. Free when you spend €24. Hopefully free post and £1 to €1 will be back to.

I spent €150 the other night. Will be interesting to see will I get the mug.
    Have been ordering stuff off them for a few years and have never gotten a mug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Please don't mention the mug. I had to spend weeks reading everyones post a couple of years ago, all getting free mugs, me getting nothing
    I can't take the heartache again

Advertisement