Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Seve OB wrote: »
    When did postage go up to 8.99?

If you order oooogles of stuff, someone said previous that it goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

If you order oooogles of stuff, someone said previous that it goes up.

120 quid in the basket

might wait for an offer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

God be with the days of free delivery and straight euro sterling exchange rate :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nevan

Is the €12 voucher with a €60 spend offer still on? I saw a post on a deals site about it from last month but there's nothing on the Sports Direct site.

nevan wrote: »
    Is the €12 voucher with a €60 spend offer still on? I saw a post on a deals site about it from last month but there's nothing on the Sports Direct site.

no.

welcome to boards

• Advertisement

120 quid in the basket

might wait for an offer :rolleyes:

It's been a year since a proper offer, Xmas maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Great delivery service, ordered stuff on Friday and was delivered today. Loads of emails and texts in between to keep me informed of where the stuff was.

For once everything seems to be the right size too!!

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Any discount codes folks?

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/

Flash sale on Puma stuff, shoes till midnight and clothes till Midnight on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I returned jeans last week to Sportsdirect and used An Post. Just used ordinary post and refund was quick once they received them.

Sent me the wrong sized jeans this week as well. Did they refund you the returns postage?

How much did it cost to return through An Post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

Just an update on the deal that was on previously, i.e. €12 voucher for every €60 spent.

I checked the deal again, it does specify €12 voucher for every €60 spent. I spend over €300 so am owed €60.

The deal went up on the 27th of August and said it finished at midnight on the 31st. Another poster earlier in the thread said they contacted Sports Direct who said the deal was only on for the 27th. However, that was not what was advertised. They may have meant to do that, but they didn't. When I bought my products on the 28th, the deal was still active.

Anyway, I sent them two emails without reply. I also sent them a letter. I tweeted their customer services who asked me to send them a CAS number. I did. They failed to reply. I annoyed them by send 3 more angry tweets and they finally replied saying they had forwarded in to the IT department. No reply yet. That was yesterday morning.

Anyway, they are clearly in the wrong here. Is there anything I can do? They should be honouring their deals. I will just have to keep slagging them off on Twitter until I get an adequate response.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Bravestaar wrote: »
    Just an update on the deal that was on previously, i.e. €12 voucher for every €60 spent.

I checked the deal again, it does specify €12 voucher for every €60 spent. I spend over €300 so am owed €60.

The deal went up on the 27th of August and said it finished at midnight on the 31st. Another poster earlier in the thread said they contacted Sports Direct who said the deal was only on for the 27th. However, that was not what was advertised. They may have meant to do that, but they didn't. When I bought my products on the 28th, the deal was still active.

Anyway, I sent them two emails without reply. I also sent them a letter. I tweeted their customer services who asked me to send them a CAS number. I did. They failed to reply. I annoyed them by send 3 more angry tweets and they finally replied saying they had forwarded in to the IT department. No reply yet. That was yesterday morning.

Anyway, they are clearly in the wrong here. Is there anything I can do? They should be honouring their deals. I will just have to keep slagging them off on Twitter until I get an adequate response.

I was in same boat as yourself. I did get a reponse to my email as follows:

Dear sheldon16,

This offer was subject to terms and conditions and was removed from both stores and website effective 28/08

Kind Regards

Customer Services.

I sent an email seeking the T&C's but stil awaiting a reply.

sheldon16 wrote: »
    I was in same boat as yourself. I did get a reponse to my email as follows:

Dear sheldon16,

This offer was subject to terms and conditions and was removed from both stores and website effective 28/08

Kind Regards

Customer Services.

I sent an email seeking the T&C's but stil awaiting a reply.

It was removed at some time on the 28th. When I made my purchase, it was still active though!

I won't let it drop.

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/

Flash sale on Puma stuff, shoes till midnight and clothes till Midnight on Monday.

More Flash Sales started, Lee Copper whatever that is and others, ends different days.

More Flash Sales started, Lee Copper whatever that is and others, ends different days.

You have never heard of Lee Coope?

You have never heard of Lee Coope?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

There is a "Rugby" flash sale today from 4pm. Don't know what it entails as yet as can't click the banner till 4pm I fink. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Nope

Were u born after 1995?

Just received an order.
    Anyone ever bring something to sports world to get a security tag taken off?

Just received an order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Just received an order.

They are easy to take off yourself
    I brought home a jacket last week and the tag was still on it, 50 mile trip to take it off
    So I managed the get it off with a pair of pliers

Update on my issue with Sports Direct and their vouchers. This is the reply I eventually got.

RE: Complaint - CAS-1653048-X1S5V0
    Inbox - SportsDirect Customer Services 05/10/2015 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
    To: Wes Kenny

Dear Wes Kennt

I am sorry to delay getting back to you.

Having checked the details, I can confirm the promotion in question was removed from both our Websites and Stores effective as of 28/08.

The offer was no longer available when you placed the order on 28/08.

Sorry for the disappointment caused.

Kind regards,

Michelle
    Customer Services

Now I did make my purchase on the 28th, but the deal was certainly still active. I checked first. I bought the stuff at 12:15am. They certainly hadn't taken it down at that stage.

They are easy to take off yourself
    I brought home a jacket last week and the tag was still on it, 50 mile trip to take it off
    So I managed the get it off with a pair of pliers

no they aren't
    i got it before and it was a nightmare to remove
    would rather just bring it to a shop if they would be happy to oblidge

Shops will, just bring your receipt with ya to show you actually bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Update on my issue with Sports Direct and their vouchers. This is the reply I eventually got.

Inbox - SportsDirect Customer Services 05/10/2015 Keep this message at the top of your inbox

Dear Wes Kennt

Having checked the details, I can confirm the promotion in question was removed from both our Websites and Stores effective as of 28/08.

Kind regards,

Michelle
    Customer Services

Now I did make my purchase on the 28th, but the deal was certainly still active. I checked first. I bought the stuff at 12:15am. They certainly hadn't taken it down at that stage.
    Such a fob off

I got an email stating offer on until midnight 31st August so I placed an order over the weekend. Never got any vouchers and have had no replies to my emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Lovely customer service getting your name correct nd all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

KayeQ wrote: »
    Here's the proof:
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/414596/360380.jpg
    I cancelled my original order and managed to order again, over 300 quid worth of stuff.

I'm sure 5 €12 vouchers. I'm presuming they come in one go and I can use the 60 quid for the one order.

Dear Wes Kennt

Kind regards,

Michelle
    Customer Services

Seems to me SD made an error regarding the end date, as it also stated on the offer that it was for "every 60€ spent TODAY online" (which was 27/08). Going by posts on this thread it was removed on the 28th, as posters were saying it was no longer on the site and asking if it was still available.
    Are you sure you ordered on the 28th though as you posted here on 27th before midnight to say that you had reordered? Or was it 12.15am that the order was confirmed at?

chasm wrote: »
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/414596/360380.jpg

Seems to me SD made an error regarding the end date, as it also stated on the offer that it was for "every 60€ spent TODAY online" (which was 27/08). Going by posts on this thread it was removed on the 28th, as posters were saying it was no longer on the site and asking if it was still available.
    Are you sure you ordered on the 28th though as you posted here on 27th before midnight to say that you had reordered? Or was it 12.15am that the order was confirmed at?

I'm not exactly sure what time I ordered at. The confirmation emails came through at 12:15am.

What may have happened (and is something that I have told them in my complaints) is that I logged on just before midnight. The offer was still there. I spent a few minutes looking through the site picking what I wanted. By the time I put in my credit card details, they removed the deal. That's a possibility.

But sure, how was I supposed to know? If I logged on and the deal was there, I am surely in the right to presume it's still there 15 minutes later, especially as the offer is supposed to end 4 days later? I would have liked to get something on the screen to say the deal was gone.

I still believe I am in the right here. I bought products based on an advertisement I saw on screen when I was buying the products. I had no reason to believe it would change in the middle of a transaction.

That's only if that was the case. I'm not sure my purchase was made after midnight anyway. I'm only going by the confirmation emails. I thought it was there or thereabouts. It could have been before. I have no way of finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Consumer issues that way, wheres all the bargains gone from this Bargain Alert thread eh?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Consumer issues that way, wheres all the bargains gone from this Bargain Alert thread eh?

I think if a bargain isn't working in the bargain alert thread, it's really worth posting so people still know. And it also gives people an idea of what issues they may have when dealing with the customer service of a company that advertise so many bargain alerts.

Advertisement