Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

barneyrub wrote: »
    Such a fob off

I got an email stating offer on until midnight 31st August so I placed an order over the weekend. Never got any vouchers and have had no replies to my emails.

I'd keep trying. I won't drop it. I sent emails of complaint to the consumer rights & advertisement standards authorities of both the uk and Ireland yesterday. I'll take it to the small claims court if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bravestaar wrote: »
    I think if a bargain isn't working in the bargain alert thread, it's really worth posting so people still know. And it also gives people an idea of what issues they may have when dealing with the customer service of a company that advertise so many bargain alerts.

Maybe create a mega thread for sportsdirect issues in consumer issues to sort this out? This thread is in bargain alerts so evertime someone posts something like "they aren't honouring the voucher" " I just ordered a new pair of runners" etc etc people click in expecting either a discount voucher or free shipping or some BARGAIN, not to engage in debates whether they are treating their customers right or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/

Adidas Sale starts at 4pm (BST)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/

Adidas Sale starts at 4pm (BST)

Already started if you go through the mirror's website

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/sports-direct-launch-adidas-sale-6540617

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Seve OB wrote: »
    Just received an order.
    Anyone ever bring something to sports world to get a security tag taken off?
    They are easy to take off yourself
    I brought home a jacket last week and the tag was still on it, 50 mile trip to take it off
    So I managed the get it off with a pair of pliers
    Shops will, just bring your receipt with ya to show you actually bought it.

Well for anyone interested, I emails Sports direct about the tag being still on and asked them what I should do. I also had a very cheap item which was incomplete (ie something had fallen out of the packet before the put it in the mail).

I got a full refund for the 2 items. Can't fault that for customer service.

• Advertisement

Not a bargain, not interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

vicwatson wrote: »
    Not a bargain, not interested :)

I'd call it a bargain
    I got 2 items for free

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'd call it a bargain
    I got 2 items for free

So how do the rest of us get these free items?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

vicwatson wrote: »
    So how do the rest of us get these free items?

We have to keep ordering in the hopes one day we get a security tag attached and bingo
    Freebie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just ordered €340 worth of gear from them, €14.99 delivery. Hoping no security tag issue again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Just ordered €340 worth of gear from them, €14.99 delivery. Hoping no security tag issue again.

What is the problem with security tags? Are they leaving the tags on? If they are, all you need is a magnet and it will release the pin in an instant.

Thanks for the bargain alert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Any codes going? Need to do a order soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Thanks for the bargain alert

Funny man !! I was pointing out their delivery charge, last time I ordered from them it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just a warning if anyone see this page doing the rounds on facebook supposedly claiming to give you a £45 voucher, its a scam and the page has a virus too.

Link looks like this: sportsdirectchristmas . theboxingforum . org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Just a warning if anyone see this page doing the rounds on facebook supposedly claiming to give you a £45 voucher, its a scam and the page has a virus too.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/5a809f2bb950d6b252c9ed60c89836f4379111e5e29e54402f55c24f082f4150/analysis/1446114162/

Virus total says page is clean, virus wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Must just be spam then I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Its good to get he heads up though i saw this at the weekend with supposed vouchers for aldi/lidl for 75 pounds/euros. the amount of post I swear it was a virus. If it was people reposting then they are fair thick

racso1975 wrote: »
    Its good to get he heads up though i saw this at the weekend with supposed vouchers for aldi/lidl for 75 pounds/euros. the amount of post I swear it was a virus. If it was people reposting then they are fair thick

its a virus that posts random things on your facebook feed and sends things to your friends been around for about ten years
    free money click me
    some tools around lol

Funny man !! I was pointing out their delivery charge, last time I ordered from them it was free.

post bargains or gtfo
    if you want a chat then jog on to after hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

post bargains or gtfo
    if you want a chat then jog on to after hours

And where is the bargain in your last three posts?

mickzer wrote: »
    And where is the bargain in your last three posts?

here is my last bargain alert fyi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057515134

i am sick of the same poster ranting on about her stupid security tag issue ect, emails coming in for a bargain ?? no just another comment about nonsense
    idgaf about consumer issues or how much a poster has spent

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

here is my last bargain alert fyi

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057515134

i am sick of the same poster ranting on about her stupid security tag issue ect, emails coming in for a bargain ?? no just another comment about nonsense
    idgaf about consumer issues or how much a poster has spent

I agree with you..what I was getting at was you were making it worse by commenting on it in your last three posts!! And, yeah, now I'm doing it..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

darconio wrote: »
    Same here :

"Unfortunately this offer was only valid on Thursday. As you placed your order on Friday the offer was over and your order would not receive a voucher."

however I've sent them the picture posted here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96791664&postcount=2604

still waiting for an answer :mad:
    Bravestaar wrote: »
    Have you received a reply yet? I ordered over 300 quid worth of stuff (28/8/15) but have yet to receive my 60 quid voucher.

They advertised the deal until the 31st so....

Just an update on this: after hammering their CS inbox for the past 6 weeks I finally got this email today:

"Thank you for your email and I apologise for the delay in responding to you.
    This email was sent out to you in error. I have just sent you a €12 voucher, you should have this emailed to you shortly.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Kind regards,"

Happy days! just in time for the xmas shopping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Under Armour flash sale on the site at the moment.
    Some good bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Under Armour flash sale on the site at the moment.
    Some good bargains

Yusss! Thanks Evil Clown, their ladies training tops are usually extortionate prices (anywhere from 25-40 euro a piece, now down to a tenner thereabouts!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Great price on the hoodies, most of them are €70 in B&M shops here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Puma Sale they have alongside this too is excellent....i have found most of their flash sales to be ****e but these seem to be decent for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Has anyone ever ordered the Levi jeans? Are they good quality and what is the fit like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I got some HH baselayers the other day great value ...

Advertisement