Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

How is the tea not cold by the end?

a) Make the tea actually hot, not lukewarm.
    b) Drink the tea, don't meditate over it.

Now that's the last of the negative talk about the mugs, or I'll become a mod and start banning people.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭spud65

donnay hoodies and sweatshirts the sleeves on them are a small bit short but they are nice an comfy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭moc8827

spud65 wrote: »
    donnay hoodies and sweatshirts the sleeves on them are a small bit short but they are nice an comfy.

Cheers, haven't seen donnay stuff in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

moc8827 wrote: »
    Cheers, haven't seen donnay stuff in years!

It won't be the Donnay stuff that you used to know. Like Karrimor, Lonsdale and Dunlop, the Donnay brand was acquired by sportsdirect who now use it to sell cheaper quality goods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭moc8827

Pj! wrote: »
    It won't be the Donnay stuff that you used to know. Like Karrimor, Lonsdale and Dunlop, the Donnay brand was acquired by sportsdirect who now use it to sell cheaper quality goods.

Oh right! I see they still do Donnay Table Tennis bats though

Anyway, cheers for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The missus got the big mug last wk when she ordered something ive just ordered a few bits now myself i wonder will i get one too or is it just one per address??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

These mugs are getting like the hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Anyone else use their mug as a pen/pencil holder? Only me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

deegs wrote: »
    I might if I get a fourth mug tomorrow :)

Got a fourth but it got swiped by my daughters friend... sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭steamboat

Well it was good while it lasted.... Looks like they're no longer offering pound for euro. Just had my basket total jump from €97 to €117 :mad: Switching to GBP shows £97 total. Still great value but can't help feeling ripped off now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

price match with € for£ seems to be over:(, was good while it lasted:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's a shame, though it lasted a lot longer than I had expected it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

I KNEW I should have ordered my running shoes yesterday!!!! ah well, there still €30 cheaper that in the shops! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

They have us hooked now, they know we can't leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

I think the exchange rate has just been fixed :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

It works out at approximately 0.83 on most items which isn't too bad as I think the spot rate is about 0.85. A lot of shops try to make more than this on conversion.
    It does alter the whole shopping experience though, and the shipping to Ireland is currently showing as €5.99. Makes small orders not worth it.
    It might make me stop looking at those daily deals and restrict my visits to when there are some discount codes knocking around.
    My bank manager will be happier though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just ordered €100 worth of stuff. Delivery came up at 4.99 but want actually applied at checkout!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Phew glad I ordered over 100€ worth of stuff on Friday before the rate of exchange issue came into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dina.zala

I can see you all are going crazy about this mug.... :D I got one... well, this cup is not my favorite and because of that this mug stays in very back of my cupboard :D But as a souvenir is OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Woo. 2 orders 2 mugs.

Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

Got my first mug today :D Damm its big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Anybody got any codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I don't know this all seems like a mugs games

They have us hooked now, they know we can't leave.

I'd say loads have left, I'm one !:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Yeah I haven't ordered since either but I do have a look in now and again and add stuff to the basket. It's building up!

I'd imagine now that the shipping and prices are up they'll offer some more generous discount codes. Hope so anyway, I'm waiting on something.

Pj! wrote: »
    Yeah I haven't ordered since either but I do have a look in now and again and add stuff to the basket. It's building up!

I'd imagine now that the shipping and prices are up they'll offer some more generous discount codes. Hope so anyway, I'm waiting on something.

Maybe it's to give DHL drivers in Ireland a little break :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Went to get a pair of runners from them and it was only €4 cheaper than Champions Sports so just got them here.

I have stopped checking the site now and just check here to see if the conversion rate is changed back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Anyone got any codes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My parcel being sent to Dublin like all the other parcels I've sent before to DUBLIN....has been routed to Shannon(!) Thank god it's just a few bits and pieces and not something cool like a gadget lol :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

sgarvan wrote: »
    I have stopped checking the site now and just check here to see if the conversion rate is changed back

+1

Advertisement