Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

You could group shows according to imdb. I have provided links to each of my picks in my pm.

Saying that, I would have said blackadder was one show though imdb have them seperated. Thats a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

oh ****, i forgot Stargate...

If you forgot SG1, what about SG Atlantis or SG Universe?

The Trekkies on here have forgotten about ST Discovery

I'm wondering if the options are just too wide and needs narrowing even if only by years or decades. Else you could be comparing Morecome and Wise to Michael McIntyre or Dad's Army to Father Ted to Fawlty Towers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

I love the first 5 seasons of this more than any other tv I've ever watched. Went downhill after that unfortunately.

Twin Peaks
    Breaking Bad
    The West Wing
    Seinfeld

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Was homeland mentioned? It’s a great show. Especially the first 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Then comes the real problem Original with Richard Dean Anderson or new with Lucas Till?

Deffo original the new series could only put one asleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,682 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I think a lot of people in the movie thread were voting on things they'd only seen and not considering the movie they didn't see... I abstained from a few rounds as I hadn't seen both movies or if I didn't particularly like or even remember them.
    This is an issue, but I'm not sure anything can be done about it really. I will use this as an excuse when any of my nominations get knocked out though!
    Acosta wrote: »

I love the first 5 seasons of this more than any other tv I've ever watched. Went downhill after that unfortunately
    I agree, but couldn't pick it because it went downhill. If it had stopped earlier it would have been right up there

Only needed 1 slot whats wrong with everyone needing 5 or more, its the best tv show ever :pac:

Na i really sent 5

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I've seen no mention of my favourite show yet :( It's one that will definitely make the cut. I'm dithering over the other 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Spook_ie wrote: »
    The Trekkies on here have forgotten about ST Discovery

Trying very very hard to...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I liked Discovery but DS9 is the real Star Trek MVP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We are approaching critical mass people.

90 individual shows submitted so far.

I'll probably have to close off sign ups much earlier than anticipated if current rate of entries continues.

This is becoming a juggernaut, and possibly my Magnum Opus in terms of threads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necro wrote: »

I'll probably have to close off sign ups much earlier than anticipated if current rate of entries continues.

This is becoming a juggernaut, and possibly my Magnum Opus in terms of threads :pac:

I look forward to the inevitable shenanigans and outrage that certain shows didnt make it will cause.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I look forward to the inevitable shenanigans and outrage that certain shows didnt make it will cause.

How could you pick X over Y - Y is a classic?

This is all Necro's fault!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

oh ****, i forgot Stargate...

AHhhh I forgot Stargate too :(

Just had my first bad regret seeing this...

https://twitter.com/edgarwright/status/1176391645497085953

Spaced was amazing, like nothing that had been before

Necro wrote: »

96 would be a great number - first round can be triple threat matches, then you're on 32

Ha, never thought of that EN. Might do that yet. Not closing till this evening at the earliest though so we'll see where we're at then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I missed out on the movie thread so jumping on the bandwagon now, I vote for Peppa Pig!

Welcome aboard Dave :)

I have a feeling we may need a bigger wagon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I missed out on the movie thread so jumping on the bandwagon now, I vote for Peppa Pig!

You're dead to me.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

You're dead to me.

Are you team Paw Patrol too? ;)

Ah here.
    Curious George
    Katie and her Amazing Machines
    Waffle the Wonder Dog

These are timeless classics :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I think this is all very american centric except for mentions of the Office and Blackadder (mine included) but Cracker, Prime Suspect were as good as any of their american counterparts really. (I still went for the The Wire and Seinfeld though, but Partridge, Fast Show and Homicide Life on the Streets get in too)

Earthworm Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Some other shows I really enjoyed that I might have included on another day,

Line of Duty
    The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin
    Taxi
    Cheers
    Star Trek TNG
    Star Trek DS9
    Fawlty Towers
    Simpsons (seasons 1-9!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Weepsie wrote: »
    I think this is all very american centric except for mentions of the Office and Blackadder (mine included) but Cracker, Prime Suspect were as good as any of their american counterparts really. (I still went for the The Wire and Seinfeld though, but Partridge, Fast Show and Homicide Life on the Streets get in too)

I’d have picked Red Dwarf if it stopped circa S7. Am still considering Coupling as one of the cleverest sitcoms ever.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I’d have picked Red Dwarf if it stopped circa S7. Am still considering Coupling as one of the cleverest sitcoms ever.

I nearly went for Coupling, its my personal favourite. Again, it tapered off a little but the first two series were close to perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Nobody mentioned The Expanse, Blake's 7, The Prisoner, Dr. Who or John Craven's Newsround yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Here are my entries

The wire
    Sopranos
    Peep Show
    Always Sunny
    Reeling in the years(I know it’s an odd on but if it’s on I never don’t watch it. I can’t think of many other shows like that)

• Advertisement

Deserves a shot at the belt for the theme tune alone ;)

Advertisement