Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

But that's what it's like - 10 minutes into the episode, Velma and Fred realise that it's not a ghost that's kidnapping all those kids, it's a paedophile ring and then Shaggy and Scooby raid the fridge for snacks but they find Daphne's head, and then it comes out that Fred knew, he had figured it out a long time ago but realised that if they didn't let the kidnappings continue there'd be no children to feed to the angry volcano and stop it from destroying the city killing millions, and he's really sorry Velma but you were just too clever, too clever, and his hand close around her throat. And that's when you find out that Zoink is the brand of antipsychotic that Shaggy has been prescribed, and he can't stop calling out for one in the hope that all of this will go away and he's be back in his room in the hospital, and that's all you hear over the credits. No jaunty, jangly themetune, just white text on black as he whimpers "Zoinks..... zoinks...."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

6c5av.jpg?v=5

God Tier Shows!

better-call-saul-catch-up-guide.jpg
    breaking-bad.jpg
    the-office-uk-h-2001.png
    wed9sctjutlpfa3lhhlr.png
    Wire.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

PM sent, tried to be diverse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

36 different shows entered so far :)

This is fun already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jaysus I threw together 5 on the train but now seriously thinking about it, there is just so many shows that I would love in this.. really hope people pick misfits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Anyone that says "Friends" here, should be banned immediately!!!

mrmorgan wrote: »

As long as nobody says Two and half men or the big bang theory...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I have 2..

2. Curb
    1. Always Sunny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I can only say I didn't float up the Lagan on a bubble y'know

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

mrmorgan wrote: »
    As long as nobody says Two and half men or the big bang theory...

One of the three shows mentioned here have already been entered :P

Necro wrote: »
    One of the three shows mentioned here have already been entered :P

You can't be serious.

Which one??

They have to be banned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good to see some comedy getting name checked

Father Ted and Blackadder (particularly Goes Forth) have to be considered

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I have a cunning plan and it involves sending a PM to Necro, because the truth is out there somewhere of the best ever TV shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Very difficult to decide on 5 shows between what you like to watch and what you actually think is a great show. I love some god awful tv shows tbh. Even within what I think were defining series looking back they have aged badly or have been done better since but still hold the title to being the first to do x or y.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

Few people forgetting Stranger things it has to be in top five going by first three seasons.

Paddy223 wrote: »
    Few people forgetting Stranger things it has to be in top five going by first three seasons.

up there with the Wire, sopranoes, Breaking Bad,Justified, Game of thrones (even though i think slightly overrated)

There are better shows on netflix than Stranger things!!

Lol... ok.

Anyone can nominate, if you feel something that hasn't been mentioned already deserves a crack feel free to PM it to me :)

Can't go into the arena without a nomination though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Subjective. I liked the first season, didn't really like the second and won't bother with the third

I hope someone nominates Love Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I hope someone nominates Love Island

And X factor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Good to see some comedy getting name checked

Father Ted and Blackadder (particularly Goes Forth) have to be considered

Okay, that reminds me of another thing. Will TV shows be grouped, eg: all the Blackadders as one, or will each be counted separately?

What about, say, Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. There were arguments previously over whether they counted as one or two shows.

Similarly, what about Starz' TV show Spartacus, and its prequel? Separate shows, or all part of the one?

quickbeam wrote:
    Okay, that reminds me of another thing. Will TV shows be grouped, eg: all the Blackadders as one, or will each be counted separately?

What would people prefer? Also Star Trek falls into that category too I think as there are different series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Subjective. I liked the first season, didn't really like the second and won't bother with the third

It's enjoyable pap. It's also instantly forgettable

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What would people prefer? Also Star Trek falls into that category too I think as there are different series

Might depend on the show. The three I mentioned I'd merge. Star Trek I probably wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Twin Peaks

And Minder

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Pearlstone

The High Chaparrall. Adored it, remember had to indulge in all sorts of pleading with the Ma and Pa to be let stay up to watch it as it was shown early in the week when small lads had to be in bed so that they could be out early for school in the morning. I so wanted to grow up to be like Manolito!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

quickbeam wrote: »

What about, say, Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. There were arguments previously over whether they counted as one or two shows.

Similarly, what about Starz' TV show Spartacus, and its prequel? Separate shows, or all part of the one?

Tough one. I half mentioned Blackadder for that reason, I think that's on the borderline. Is it as simple as splitting by name? I'm sure there's exceptions to that rule but (without much thought) I think it works. That splits, for example, Blackadder and Star Trek...

Advertisement