Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
21-06-2019, 16:49   #16
osarusan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMAN View Post
Problem is, they are wrong about most things, and they can belittle a serious topic or debate when they get involved.
This is it, the way she behaves means she's not credible at all and she's not somebody you want to be 'on the same side' with, even if you might agree with some things she says.
osarusan is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2019, 17:44   #17
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,464
Place is crawling with Nazis
Roger Hassenforder is offline  
(2) thanks from:
21-06-2019, 17:54   #18
snoopsheep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
If racist means loving your family and by extension to that your country and wanting to defend both as well the western way of life then I'm a racist and proud. In order to do that I believe your borders should be shut as the saying goes you don't lock your door because you hate the people outside you do because you love the people inside.

Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.
stephen ive not gone through your post history man im just goin by this post and im pretty worried you might be a little actual racist, no scare quotes no "anything is racist now" racist just yknow actual racist
snoopsheep is offline  
(2) thanks from:
21-06-2019, 18:00   #19
punisher5112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 15,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Hassenforder View Post
Place is crawling with Nazis
Them pesky Nazis.....
punisher5112 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
21-06-2019, 18:02   #20
punisher5112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 15,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsheep View Post
stephen ive not gone through your post history man im just goin by this post and im pretty worried you might be a little actual racist, no scare quotes no "anything is racist now" racist just yknow actual racist
Watch the door doesn't hit you on the way out...

Hold your head in shame... Nothing on here posted as of yet is far from racist or maybe your one of them that is offended for another feeling offended when they in fact were never offended..
punisher5112 is offline  
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2019, 18:12   #21
Auguste Comte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Nothing on here posted as of yet is far from racist.
My head hurts.
Auguste Comte is offline  
21-06-2019, 18:32   #22
sweetmaggie
Registered User
 
sweetmaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,130
Gemma who?

Current Affairs thread (not AH) and it just starts like “ Gemma not taking to enforced retirement well “
Did I a miss a link ....... or a few pages ?

Gemma, Gemma the F##K is Gemma ?
sweetmaggie is offline  
Thanks from:
21-06-2019, 18:33   #23
TheRepentent
Registered User
 
TheRepentent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
I'm not entirely sure about the conspiracy theory stuff. But I agree with her when it comes to issues like mass immigration, multiculturalism and PC culture. Immigration is becoming a big issue here in Ireland and people are not willing to talk about it

Do you believe in chemtrails?
TheRepentent is offline  
Thanks from:
21-06-2019, 18:34   #24
Joeytheparrot
Moderator
 
Joeytheparrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 22,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
I'm not entirely sure about the conspiracy theory stuff. But I agree with her when it comes to issues like mass immigration, multiculturalism and PC culture. Immigration is becoming a big issue here in Ireland and people are not willing to talk about it
I thought you agreed with her on Chemtrails?
Joeytheparrot is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2019, 18:42   #25
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytheparrot View Post
I thought you agreed with her on Chemtrails?
I said don't know enough about the subject to make a judgement in it. I honestly never heard of chemtrails until recently.
Stephen15 is offline  
21-06-2019, 18:45   #26
reg114
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
I'm not entirely sure about the conspiracy theory stuff. But I agree with her when it comes to issues like mass immigration, multiculturalism and PC culture. Immigration is becoming a big issue here in Ireland and people are not willing to talk about it
I'll talk about it. Whats your point? Some stats for you: Poles make up the largest grouping of non-nationals in Ireland at 22 per cent (or 118,042), followed by British 21 per cent (115,658); Lithuanians 7 per cent (35, 617) and Latvians (20, 086) and Nigerians (19, 727) 4 per cent each.

Ireland's current unemployment rate is 5.3% technically we are at 'full employment'. Now the economy is booming and even if we could mobilise the long term unemployed (those who cannot or will never get a job regardless of economic prosperity) we would still need workers to come to Ireland from abroad to fill vacant positions.
Its a simple fact that 'immigrants' are much more keen to do the menial jobs that some Irish people think is beneath them.
You also have a situation say with teachers and nurses qualifying and then having to leave the country to get work. Nurses in particular are appalling poorly paid and would rather not leave but feel they have no choice. At the same time you have nurses entering the country from south east asia who work all the hours they can and live ten in a house to earn substantially more than theyd earn back home in the Philippines, indeed much of their income leaves the country via bank transfers home. We are talking about hard working immigrants filling vacancies that the Irish government have created because Irish graduate nurses are forced to leave the country to get a job worth their financial while.
You then have a cohort of Indians , Pakistanis and Brazilians who are admitted to Ireland under short term 'student visas', where by they are allowed to work a limited number of hours while 'studying'. Ultimately these nationalities are filling positions that Irish people simply do not want.
Multiculturalism as you call it, is an inevitable consequence of economic prosperity indeed it is an economic imperative without which Ireland would be in serious trouble.
reg114 is offline  
21-06-2019, 18:58   #27
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsheep View Post
stephen ive not gone through your post history man im just goin by this post and im pretty worried you might be a little actual racist, no scare quotes no "anything is racist now" racist just yknow actual racist
I don't care if you if you think I'm racist. I know I'm not and anyone who's ever met me and that includes people who are from other countries and includes people I've worked with and gone to college and school with would tell you the same. Some of the forgeiners I've met are just as what you would describe as racist as me as they agree with the likes of Trump, want to close the borders etc.

Racist is often just a term used used by people on the left side of the coin as they don't have any other valid argument and instead of debating just scream racist.
Stephen15 is offline  
Thanks from:
21-06-2019, 19:07   #28
pjohnson
Registered User
 
pjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
I don't care if you if you think I'm racist. I know I'm not and anyone who's ever met me and that includes people who are from other countries and includes people I've worked with and gone to college and school with would tell you the same. Some of the forgeiners I've met are just as what you would describe as racist as me as they agree with the likes of Trump, want to close the borders etc.

Racist is often just a term used used by people on the left side of the coin as they don't have any other valid argument and instead of debating just scream racist.
Kind like how you guys call everything that triggers you "left".
pjohnson is offline  
21-06-2019, 19:11   #29
mfceiling
Registered User
 
mfceiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg114 View Post
we would still need workers to come to Ireland from abroad to fill vacant positions.
Its a simple fact that 'immigrants' are much more keen to do the menial jobs that some Irish people think is beneath them.
I don't buy this for a second. How many more unskilled people do we need here? How many floors need swept or deliveroo lads are needed? It's an employers wet dream to get these people on minimum wage and zero contract hours. Where are they going to live because the last time I looked there seemed to be a housing crisis. Sure that's great....Just stuff another 8 bunk beds in a small room and take advantage that their English isn't great and they can't complain.
I've seen it first hand in construction where Eastern European lads are "told" they're working long hours and weekends. Unfortunately their English isn't great so it's difficult for them to look for new employers who might treat them better. Talking to a Romanian labourer today who worked 65 hours last week and needs at least that many hours to cover his food, rent and travel costs. But yeah we need more like him. Really?

Last edited by mfceiling; 21-06-2019 at 20:16.
mfceiling is offline  
21-06-2019, 19:19   #30
Boggles
Registered User
 
Boggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 22,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
Same concept here close the borders to defend our country it's culture, heritage and values.
Sorry did I miss a meeting, how is or Culture and Heritage been eroded by not having a closed border?

Also our Values?

I'm not that actually that old but a lot of our values were fúcking terrible when I was growing up.
Boggles is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet