Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Started playing this the last few days and I think I'm after making a balls of one of the main quests. I went to the anomaly and ended up doing a side quest with someone to try out the multiplayer. So it sent us to some random system. When I got there I answered a distressed call for the main quest to find the lost traveller or whatever. But after we completed the side quest in the anomaly, I was back in the original system I was in before the side quest. So now the main quest says the signal is in another system and to look in the galaxy map but I haven't a clue how I will find that system again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can you try fast travelling from one of the stations? I believe that should show an option, but can't recall if it will only show the main quest galaxy if you've already visited a station there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Started playing this the last few days and I think I'm after making a balls of one of the main quests. I went to the anomaly and ended up doing a side quest with someone to try out the multiplayer. So it sent us to some random system. When I got there I answered a distressed call for the main quest to find the lost traveller or whatever. But after we completed the side quest in the anomaly, I was back in the original system I was in before the side quest. So now the main quest says the signal is in another system and to look in the galaxy map but I haven't a clue how I will find that system again.

That's a separate questline. Once you warp to a new system the quest should update and give you a new (random to you) location to go to.

Can you try fast travelling from one of the stations? I believe that should show an option, but can't recall if it will only show the main quest galaxy if you've already visited a station there...

Space stations have a portal that can take you to your base. The Nexus has a super portal that does the above along with the option to go to other players bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've about 15 hours from a playthrough since the NEXT update. Is it worth starting again with Beyond or should I keep going? Will I have missed out on much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

wyrn wrote: »
    Fired up NMS today and it seems I have lost the ability to scan. Do I need to upgrade (in the game) something for it to work? I've all the updates, so I'm wondering if it's a bug. It's fierce annoying.

I've also lost some of my customised bindings. The middle button on my mouse doesn't work, so I can't dismantle anything. I can't find the key I had reprogrammed. Going to controls has all the keys empty, so I can't check there.
    So it seems to scan on pc it's now F button and LMB too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

For anyone lost in a galaxy and your mission is in an other system, you can reset the mission to your current system in the 'LOG' screen.

I don't think there's an end per se, but what you described is "the end" I believe. Although, they may have changed it with the last few updates, especially Next. Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Synthesis tomorrow

https://www.nomanssky.com/synthesis-update/

Again they add stuff for free some games add as DLC.

Looks good, the editiable terrain could fix that mega city issue those weird players having.

Showing everyone how it's done! Amazing to think they can still work on and release this additional content for free. Must have made serious money at the start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Xianders

This game will no longer earn respect. Players remember it as it appeared at the release, despite the fact that at the moment the game is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭endainoz

I finally went back to this game after not giving it a chance at all in the early days. The steam reviews are now mostly positive I think, so people have changed their opinions on it. It's pretty amazing what a small studio have achieved. I took a quick scan through this thread and the toxic negativity was hard to stomach at times. I'm glad that's mostly gone away because no one cares to feed the over the top negative opinions.

This is the video that inspired me to give it a go again. I think the points made here are mostly valid. A great amount of work has gone in to restore their reputation. The big companies could learn a lot from them.

https://youtu.be/O5BJVO3PDeQ

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

These "over the top negative opinions" were grievances with a company that lied and lied and lied and kept lying until it was clear they could lie no more when the game was released and simply didn't have the functionality they promised when they took everyone's money. Fixing the game to be the thing they sold it to us as is literally the very least they could do. You don't get to claim credit for the bare minimum, just because this industry has left so many people with dud games that get abandoned instead of fixed (and then there seems to be no realistc legal means to hold these con-artists accountable), it doesn't mean we should celebrate this literal bare minimum as some sort of achievement, this should be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,711 ✭✭✭endainoz

Shiminay wrote: »
    These "over the top negative opinions" were grievances with a company that lied and lied and lied and kept lying until it was clear they could lie no more when the game was released and simply didn't have the functionality they promised when they took everyone's money. Fixing the game to be the thing they sold it to us as is literally the very least they could do. You don't get to claim credit for the bare minimum, just because this industry has left so many people with dud games that get abandoned instead of fixed (and then there seems to be no realistc legal means to hold these con-artists accountable), it doesn't mean we should celebrate this literal bare minimum as some sort of achievement, this should be the norm.

I think they have redeemed themselves and have dedicated time to fix things that were wrong. I gave up on this game early on and decided to come back to it now that things have improved and I'm enjoying it. I'm sure plenty of other people have done the same. What's wrong with that?

There were plenty of over top negativity on this thread and many others, and the blame was mainly focused on one person. Who clearly had his own social awkwardness before this blew up. The abuse he received was absolutely disgraceful. I don't mind going for a big faceless company like EA, Bethesda etc but Hello Games should not have been put into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Shiminay wrote: »

They didn't do the bare minimum. The bare minimum would be to do nothing. They're blatantly not con artists. You should give the video linked above a watch.

I think still holding them down for the initial mess up is wrong. They haven't just fixed the game. They've transformed it into something more than what was promised, and have given free update after free update where other companies would have charged, the main one being the VR update. The only other game that comes to mind that gave a complete 100% free VR update was Wipeout. Everything else (that I'm aware of) was either a free little VR section to try or they wanted to charge more for the inclusion of VR (Superhot).

Yes, they lied, but I still think that a lot of that was down to Sony more than HG. Sean Murray, imo, got overexcited about his product and promised features which he wanted to eventually get in, but messed up by saying it would be there for launch.

So while I don't think they should get any praise for fixing the game, I think they deserve all the praise for not just fixing it (where most others would have just abandoned it), they improved it and added new free features that realistically should have been charged for, the latest free living ships another example of something nearly every other company would charge for. It's wrong to keep the vitriol against them at this stage, and while they shouldn't be excused for the launch, they should definitely be lauded for the response and follow up.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Video set to private now - I'm guessing (from the thumbnail) that it went "live" too early?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure more vehicles are what the game needs, but i guess i wouldn't say no to mechs :)

Video set to private now - I'm guessing (from the thumbnail) that it went "live" too early?

Yeah it seems to have been leaked early, probably will be officially announced this week.

Video is live now

Free again, HG can stop making up for the perceived bad launch now. Ye have more than made up for it! That'll be awesome in VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know how this summoning vehicles work from the freighters, they just appear or do we get titan fall.
    Free again, HG can stop making up for the perceived bad launch now. Ye have more than made up for it! That'll be awesome in VR!

While I agree, they'd need to make it a big one. New multi crew ships or something big.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Finally! Teleporters on freighters.

Also, Alien.

https://www.nomanssky.com/desolation-update/

jpg

More free ****.
    Hello Games' space exploration sim No Man's Sky is expanding once more, and the developer has now teased its mysterious new Origins update, which is launching next week.

There's little in the way of specifics regarding the update at present, but Hello Games calls it "the beginning of something new, as No Man's Sky continues to grow and evolve."

But while the developer hasn't explicitly detailed the features coming in Origins, it has released a (fairly small) bit of artwork to accompany the news, and it's almost certainly worth a squint and a scour in case it holds a few tantalising clues...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-18-hello-games-teases-no-mans-skys-origins-update-out-next-week?fbclid=IwAR2rJBEnulbAX5_zQFgW9zC7x5toBSnxG0oODV_h9cbZ6sMQJOHSYXcC7O0

Advertisement