Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Seriously thinking about finally taking the VR plunge for this (on PC - already playing the existing game).
    Any recommendations? Does it support any particular VR system?
    (Or is there a separate VR forum I'm better off asking in and not derailing the thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MOH wrote: »
    Seriously thinking about finally taking the VR plunge for this (on PC - already playing the existing game).
    (Or is there a separate VR forum I'm better off asking in and not derailing the thread).

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1829

Subforums have subforums around here :D

Anyone fancy some crab races next week ?

Out today, inventory increased from 250 to 10,000 :D

So half my mods wont work I guess.

Steam has yet to update the game.

While you wait read the patch notes https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

Patch Notes are quite long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm loving the very last bit of info on that site. Patiently waiting 3 years for it! XD

It reads good, can't wait to get stuck into it tonight!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Out today, inventory increased from 250 to 10,000 :D

That alone would make me play it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Kiith wrote: »
    That alone would make me play it again.

I saw that and I got up and put the PS4 headset on charge!
    I'll be playing later on based on that alone :D

I refuse to play crafting games with stupid inventory limits, if I can magic a fcuking space base on a foreign planet I can fit 5,000 space bricks in my pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I refuse to play crafting games with stupid inventory limits, if I can magic a fcuking space base on a foreign planet I can fit 5,000 space bricks in my pocket.

You can play the creative mode, no crafting and have everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Had not played this in years, but started downloaded update to 2.03 on ps4 Pro. The vr just looks like a big cinema screen, is that it of am I doing something wrong??

I do with the inventory increase was also in survival mode.

2smiggy wrote: »
    Had not played this in years, but started downloaded update to 2.03 on ps4 Pro. The vr just looks like a big cinema screen, is that it of am I doing something wrong??

That is not it. Is the update installed?

That is not it. Is the update installed?

I might have another quick look before the supercup!! Ya I partly guessed that was not right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tried the new update tonight on PC (non-VR) and its super buggy. Performance seems really bad frame rate wise and when I went to the new multiplayer station the game just crashed out. Tried restarting the game a few times but the moment I load into the station due to how you save when you exit a ship, the game just crashes frown.png

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Loving this again. I never "unliked" it I just stopped playing. Colonisation has begun on a Jurrassic Park-esque planet. Wild life Docile enoulgh except for one T-REX knock off that only seems to come out at night. Can't rename the planet though for some reason? I think it is because I uploaded the info to the server first and then tried to rename. Pity, as I think i might be settling down here. New social hub is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I might have to start again from scratch to see how much of a difference the changes make from the start.
    And to sit in all those chairs I've missed.

Probably wait a few weeks for the bugs to be patched, update this size is bound to have a fair few.

I started again last night, and enjoying it again. Starting missions are done better now, and they flow through pretty well.

If you are on PC, you should update to the experimental patch, as it massively improved my performance.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/1643171537291464493/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

MOH wrote: »

Apparently the VR isn't great (so far) in NMS, quite a drop down in graphics, and pretty quirky - maybe they will fix it up

But VR itself is amazing, worth every penny, would thoroughly recommend it. I have a Rift myself, but if going new I would definitely invest in one of the 1.5 gen models, I know it's pricey but the new Steam Index looks to be the best of the bunch

I have to say, and this is mostly my own fault for bigging it up in my head, but I'm slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing experience to start from scratch again in VR, and they've done pretty good with the movement and VR only abilities, but the drop in graphical quality and severe pop in is ruining it for me. I was in a cave on the starting planet last night, avoiding an acid storm, but also using the cave to get nearer to my destination. The pop in was shocking. I thought it was a relatively empty cave until I started pushing forward and all the flora and fauna started popping in once I was within, say, 30ft of it. I can't even see some birds as the pop in is closer than the bird, so I just see a red dot (in scanning mode) right above me, but no bird. I eventually saw it when it swooped down to grab something.

I think I need to start working towards making my PC VR compatible. For anyone on PC, is it any better? I suppose going from playing in 4K (2K?) down to 1080p(?) might have something to do with it, and with some games coming out lately looking absolutely stunning, it's taking the shine off this. I'll continue with it, but unless they fix the pop in I can't see myself playing for too long.

Also, it's next to impossible to fly using the Move controllers. You've to hold you hand at an awkward angle to pitch up/down. Will take a bit of getting used to.

World itself definitely seems busier, must try it in non-VR to see how different it is.

• Advertisement

It certainly doesnt like my mods from the previous version. Crashing a few times, clean install is probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Thinking of finally getting this game on Xbox. Sounds like fun and it seems like its fully fleshed out now.

the movement in VR seems to be, for me, using the left thumb stick rather than walking, is this the case for everyone ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    the movement in VR seems to be, for me, using the left thumb stick rather than walking, is this the case for everyone ?

On PSVR, I use the Move controllers but changed the settings to Smooth turning and smooth movement. Use the left Move button to walk, press the right Move button to initiate run.

Small PC patch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Does anyone experience a crash to desktop when entering any of your space ships ?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I have to say, and this is mostly my own fault for bigging it up in my head, but I'm slightly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing experience to start from scratch again in VR, and they've done pretty good with the movement and VR only abilities, but the drop in graphical quality and severe pop in is ruining it for me. I was in a cave on the starting planet last night, avoiding an acid storm, but also using the cave to get nearer to my destination. The pop in was shocking. I thought it was a relatively empty cave until I started pushing forward and all the flora and fauna started popping in once I was within, say, 30ft of it. I can't even see some birds as the pop in is closer than the bird, so I just see a red dot (in scanning mode) right above me, but no bird. I eventually saw it when it swooped down to grab something.

I think I need to start working towards making my PC VR compatible. For anyone on PC, is it any better? I suppose going from playing in 4K (2K?) down to 1080p(?) might have something to do with it, and with some games coming out lately looking absolutely stunning, it's taking the shine off this. I'll continue with it, but unless they fix the pop in I can't see myself playing for too long.

Also, it's next to impossible to fly using the Move controllers. You've to hold you hand at an awkward angle to pitch up/down. Will take a bit of getting used to.

World itself definitely seems busier, must try it in non-VR to see how different it is.
    I was playing non VR on PC and the pop in was crazy. It seemed worse than pre-Beyond so hopefully it's just a bug.

Oh that's good to hear, I was thinking it was the performance of the PS4 Pro. Hopefully just a bug!

The slowdown is rough when you get to the Nexus. Unplayable.

Anyone notice the cockpit in the ship you got as bonus content (green x-wing thing) is way too big in VR? Feels all wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Fired up NMS today and it seems I have lost the ability to scan. Do I need to upgrade (in the game) something for it to work? I've all the updates, so I'm wondering if it's a bug. It's fierce annoying.

I've also lost some of my customised bindings. The middle button on my mouse doesn't work, so I can't dismantle anything. I can't find the key I had reprogrammed. Going to controls has all the keys empty, so I can't check there.

Advertisement