Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Man's Sky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

endainoz wrote: »
    Can confirm, the VR is pretty epic. I'm still getting used to it but it's so immersive to fly your spaceship around the place chasing after pirates. Might look into that new star wars game too. VR was made for flight sims/space shooters.

VR on the PS? If not and your on PC,Elite Dangerous in VR is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭endainoz

EoinHef wrote: »
    VR on the PS? If not and your on PC,Elite Dangerous in VR is very good.

On ps4, might not be quite as advanced as some pc vr headsets but I'm really enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

On ps4, might not be quite as advanced as some pc vr headsets but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Ah no I wasn't suggesting its bad,just that VR for Elite is only available on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Been playing this on the PS5, the loads times are basically gone. Warping from system to system takes no more than 8 seconds, and the game loads from main screen to your save in under 10 seconds. Plus its so smooth, and chock full of stuff now.

However, the games crashes to desktop every time I try to customise the look of my character. Googled and can't see any other complaints about it.

Been playing this on the PS5, the loads times are basically gone. Warping from system to system takes no more than 8 seconds, and the game loads from main screen to your save in under 10 seconds. Plus its so smooth, and chock full of stuff now.

Yeah, I saw similar improvements going from Xbox One X to Series X. Portal travel is crazy fast too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Can confirm, the VR is pretty epic. I'm still getting used to it but it's so immersive to fly your spaceship around the place chasing after pirates. Might look into that new star wars game too. VR was made for flight sims/space shooters.
    Star Wars Squadrons is great in VR. You should definitely check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is it only possible to transfer your save from PS4 to PS5 if you import it in game on PS4? I’ve downloaded the game on PS5 and downloaded my save from the cloud storage but can’t get the option to use it in game.

IIRC that's what I did and it worked for me. Don't remember having to do anything stupid like Borderlands.

Nevermind, I just remembered I started from scratch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is it only possible to transfer your save from PS4 to PS5 if you import it in game on PS4? I’ve downloaded the game on PS5 and downloaded my save from the cloud storage but can’t get the option to use it in game.

Has to be from in game, upload on nms on PS4 and the download on ps5 on nms. No point downloading the save from cloud, different formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Has to be from in game, upload on nms on PS4 and the download on ps5 on nms. No point downloading the save from cloud, different formats.

Ah balls so, my PS4 is long gone ffs.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to "force" the PS5 to play the PS4 version of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Dont think so, different formats and all that. Worth tweeting at sean murphy though, he's quite active.

See comment below, its what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

On the PS5 you can switch between the PS4 and PS5 versions if both are installed on the console

https://hellogames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015591617-How-to-transfer-saves-from-PS4-to-PS5

I'm gonna ask, why? I've had no issues with the PS5 version, it's better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm gonna ask, why? I've had no issues with the PS5 version, it's better imo.

I'm guessing so people can play their PS4 save on PS5 if the save format is incompatible with the PS5 version?

MOH wrote: »
    I'm guessing so people can play their PS4 save on PS5 if the save format is incompatible with the PS5 version?

Is that a thing though? I thought there were only a few games where they made bringing the save over awkward, but any PS4 game I've played on the PS5 so far I've been able to use the save from the PS4 version.

Granted, you have Borderlands 3 and a few other games where you have to upload the save in the game menu on the PS4 in order to download it on the PS5. Stupid really.

Granted, you have Borderlands 3 and a few other games where you have to upload the save in the game menu on the PS4 in order to download it on the PS5. Stupid really.
    That's exactly the problem that ItsHoggie was trying to solve for NMS:
    ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Ah balls so, my PS4 is long gone ffs.

It's a good workaround though - run the game in PS4 back compat mode, upload the save, get the PS5 version of the game, download the save.

Doesn't bother me in the least; got myself a Series X and the save "upgrades" were handled automagically. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

7gb download on Steam now.

• Advertisement

I'd love to know exactly how much money HG made from NMS considering they are still releasing free content! As a solo player, I've no interest in that but still, free is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can't believe we're 2 months away from the 5 year anniversary of this game releasing!
    Also, they are still working on it for free.
    Mad stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Can't believe we're 2 months away from the 5 year anniversary of this game releasing!
    Also, they are still working on it for free.
    Mad stuff :)
    Every single update trailer I watch I think "okay now Im going to give this another go" and every time I go to play it I think whats the point? Its still as shallow and boring as the mess they released on day 1, maybe a bit shinier now but nah, just cant be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Thargor wrote: »
    Every single update trailer I watch I think "okay now Im going to give this another go" and every time I go to play it I think whats the point? Its still as shallow and boring as the mess they released on day 1, maybe a bit shinier now but nah, just cant be bothered.

Well it's not a total waste of time, at least you're getting the satisfaction of posting a whinge about it?

Are there any Irish groups/clans playing this?

Like an Irish group that takes over a star system as their own?

Are there any Irish groups/clans playing this?

Like an Irish group that takes over a star system as their own?

I'd say give a shout on Reddit, community over there is fairly active.

• Advertisement
Advertisement