Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2021 Round 4 : Spanish Grand Prix

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Red Bull's development is often done after the championship is over and Mercedes has switched focus to the next year. I think Mercedes is the best at developing the car early in the season. See the difference between Mercedes in the first race and the other three races.

I'd disagree but only by saying that Merc always start with a better refined car. It might not have seemed that way this year, but once they put numbers into the computers etc and run simulations, they had it sorted.

RB generally do develop well over a season, Merc didn't even bother properly doing that last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

OSI wrote: »
    Max's poor pitstop was his own fault, he hadn't been called in and the crew only knew to get the tyres ready when he arrived in the pitlane.

I doubt that. If that was the case it would have took a lot longer than there 4.2 seconds which for Red Bull is still bad and should really have been 2.4 seconds or less it would have been in the 50s or over a minute like that time they fecked up with Rivviardo in Monoco. Weather a 2.4 second pit stop would have meant Max winning the race I doubt it. I think even with a pit stop of 2.0 seconds he still would have lost the race as Mercedes just had the better strategy and better tyre on and Lewis could push harder.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Two guys were still running out with tyres just as Max pulled into the pit box. Obviously they got some warning he was coming in, but it seems Max made the call himself, not the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

It was a balls up but I'm happy that Max is starting to call his own strategy on the fly. He must have felt he knew what he was doing and another lap would have been too much on those tyres. I hope he learns from it and gives the team more notice of his decisions in future (and the team is expecting max to make changes to strategy and not just stick to whatever pre-set plan they had).

I wish I could find the clip but I'm pretty sure Hamilton was about to pass Verstappen, he had a run on him out of the chicane. Verstappen would have lost another 2-3 seconds if he'd stayed out one more lap. Though Hamilton likely would have come in once he had a couple of second buffer.

Found a replay. In turn 10 Verstappen was slow. Turn 12 Brundle comments on how much tighter a line Hamilton can take, Verstappen (despite taking a much wider line) has a big snap of oversteer on the exit. Turn 13 Hamilton closes right onto the back of him. Close shot for the chicane and Hamilton is right up behind him. All through the lap Verstappen couldn't close up on lapped traffic ahead so had no DRS.
    It was very reminiscent of the tyre-cliff days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Found a replay. In turn 10 Verstappen was slow. Turn 12 Brundle comments on how much tighter a line Hamilton can take, Verstappen (despite taking a much wider line) has a big snap of oversteer on the exit. Turn 13 Hamilton closes right onto the back of him. Close shot for the chicane and Hamilton is right up behind him. All through the lap Verstappen couldn't close up on lapped traffic ahead so had no DRS.
    It was very reminiscent of the tyre-cliff days.
    Why not post the clip here then or at least a link to it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Why not post the clip here then or at least a link to it?

Found a replay on a certain device connected to my telly so I don't even have a URL I can send on the down low. :pac:
    EDIT: Highlights on YouTube (and I think official site is the same) just shows Verstappen pulling into his pitbox, very irritating.

Advertisement