Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-01-2014, 22:06   #1
El Guapo!

Stingiest things thread(op for R&R access)

See what I did there?!

Original thread here..... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...0#post88733360

As you were.....

For anyone interested the ranting & Raving forum has a brilliant thread about retail. On gaining access to that forum I spent 6 hours reading every post.
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2057757954
Apply here for access. Read the first post before requesting

CRITERIA FOR ACCESS
A minimum of 50 posts on boards.ie
A minimum of 3 months on boards.ie
A relatively clean record (this is at the mods discretion)

Subscribers bypass the time and postcount restrictions (please mention in your request if you are a subscriber). Please note that the moderators decision is final with respect to access.

Last edited by Nosnon; 17-04-2018 at 21:46.
Advertisement
29-01-2014, 22:11   #3
Butterface

This thread title has a word missing.. bit stingy, no?
29-01-2014, 22:14   #4
Jamie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterface View Post
This thread title has a word missing.. bit stingy, no?
The OP used the number '2' instead of 'do' to save bytes. All sounds the same...

Stingy fecker.
29-01-2014, 22:20   #5
efb

the smell of sting off the op
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-01-2014, 22:26   #7

I call into a McDonald's almost every other day for no other reason than to help my self to the independent newspaper. (I don't actually buy anything when I'm in there)

I forget how much they actually cost now, but I see it as a waste of good money to pay for something that's technically 'free'

PS it really riles me lighting the stove with a paper I paid money for.
29-01-2014, 22:28   #8
PizzamanIRL

Closing threads to save some thing called a server.
29-01-2014, 22:31   #9
PizzamanIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo String View Post
I call into a McDonald's almost every other day for no other reason than to help my self to the independent newspaper. (I don't actually buy anything when I'm in there)

I forget how much they actually cost now, but I see it as a waste of good money to pay for something that's technically 'free'

PS it really riles me lighting the stove with a paper I paid money for.
The newspaper should be on the euro saver menu.
Advertisement
29-01-2014, 22:33   #10
coolhull

I always wash the toilet tissue when I've finished with it.

Bloody awkward things to hang out on the clothesline though.
29-01-2014, 22:34   #11
IsMiseMyself

My brother is sitting on a small fortune due to an injury who got a lot of compo for. He's ridiculously stingy. His three-year-old phone broke, so instead of buying a new one he "borrowed" my mother's spare phone: one of those €10 Tesco ones.
(2) thanks from:
30-01-2014, 01:25   #12
sully2010

I think hes serious!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...6&postcount=88
30-01-2014, 09:22   #13
Youzername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla Felix View Post
I knew this mod once, fierce stingy with the post count so he was.
I think we should all take a moment to remember those dead hamsters...
30-01-2014, 11:29   #14
Newaglish

The thread title kills me.
(2) thanks from:
31-01-2014, 22:32   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsMiseMyself View Post
My brother is sitting on a small fortune due to an injury who got a lot of compo for. He's ridiculously stingy. His three-year-old phone broke, so instead of buying a new one he "borrowed" my mother's spare phone: one of those €10 Tesco ones.

Kinda reminds me of a friend of mine who supposedly got a LOT of money from an accident but has never said a word about it which is cool...But just to go on and on and on about how they have no money to pay the bills or barely enough to eat, while at the same time buying very expensive collectors items, new car, house done up, laptops, 2 xboxes in one day, you name it, they got it..
The final straw for me was when he asked me to drive a 60 mile round trip to buy a hoover. At the time i was only working part time so i genuinely had hardly any money trying to keep a car on the road and pay rent. I asked him for something towards petrol and he said no cos he was broke. (Might i add that i never ask for petrol but that week i was skint)...

Got to the electric shop and he bought the most expensive hoover in there for 500 euro. He opened his wallet and it was packed with 50s, must have been a few grand in there at least...
Needless to say he never got a lift off me anywhere again, id always have an excuse and we're not really friends anymore....
(116) thanks from:
1800_Ladladlad, AAAAAAAAA, Aceandstuff, Arbiter of Good Taste, banoffe2, beardybrewer, Cee-Jay-Cee, certifiedcrepe, checkyabadself, claregal1, conor1979, Cookie_Dough, Cyclonius, davidfo, deadanonymau5, deepsouthtalla, dee_mc, Deub, dollyk, Drumpot, dslamjack, dublinman1990, Duggy747, Ectoplasm, ED E, Emz93, evosteo, Faith+1, Fenster, FewFew, Filmer Paradise, fin12, Galway K9, gazump123, gerrybbadd, Gloomtastic!, GTDolanator, homeless student, homemadecider, idunno78, Intensive Care Bear, Irishweather, ItsShane, ixoy, james 17, Jim79, JustAThought, Kingp35, Knex., kowloon, Lady Spangles, Landr, Lyndsey3000, maguic24, Matta Harri, MauraTheThird, Maz2016, mikeym, Millicent, Mink, Moneymaker, Mozzeltoff, MRnotlob606, ncmc, New Home, Nomis21, nuac, NufcNavan, OnTheCouch, orangeocelot, Oregano_State, OrgasmicBaz, Pappa Dolla, parttime, Paulie Gualtieri, pgj2015, PinkLemonade, pwurple, R00ster, rab!dmonkey, Rachiee, rainbowtrout, Reati, RiderOnTheStorm, Rory28, rosie16, Rothmans, Satori Rae, SBPhoto, Scarinae, Schwanz, Sierra 117, Smidge, stinkle, Stoner, storker, Supergurrier, Synode, TheDavester, timmyntc, timthumbni, Titzon Toast, tomwaterford, topmanamillion, TresGats, TRJones, Ubbquittious, Umaro, VG31, ViveLaVie, Voodoomelon, Vyse, westernfrenzy, YouTookMyName, Youzername, zef

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion