Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we off to tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Robson99 wrote: »
    Poor support because the IFA is finished. About as relevant as Macra ( No offence to them ). Factories collecting levies for IFA finished them when **** hit the fan.
    Be interesting to see how many people bit in IFA elections this time compared to last

Macro take sponsorship from abp just like the mothership.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Jjameson wrote: »
    The lauded European average price. Including an beef from an economy like Poland, and inclusive of grain fed Italian and German R3 bull price rather than like for like grass based steer...
    Though we supply 270,000 tonnes of beef to the highest priced market, the uk , 50% of our output and 70% of their imports, because we have steer and heifer beef identical or better than their own. Irish beef price has a direct bearing on dragging uk beef price up or down, this summer and fall the Irish processors along with uk retailers pulled a coup on the pretext of a monster called brexit.

The ifa should operate under proper democratic mandate from members. They should not have had to turn to beef plan and other splinter groups for action.

I would've thought that history has proved them right, protesting in Sept was a wasted effort. and destroyed the autumn for farmers

wrangler wrote: »
    I would've thought that history has proved them right, protesting in Sept was a wasted effort. and destroyed the autumn for farmers
    The main farming union is obsessed with the news section of the journal, glossy pamphlets, with bluster about delivery, getting things over the line, hooray for the emperor.

And let us be ridden bareback by the beef barons. Watch European and uk price index’s until the widening gap indicates an imminent rise and then protest with plenty of cameras... thank you Laura ce for gathering up the levies.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Poor support because the IFA is finished. About as relevant as Macra ( No offence to them ). Factories collecting levies for IFA finished them when **** hit the fan.
    Be interesting to see how many people bit in IFA elections this time compared to last

Poor support in Dublin last week too, poor support for protests for the last ten years at least and I've been saying that on here too so it's not just since the proverbial hit the fan '''authors of their own demise''

The main farming union is obsessed with the news section of the journal, glossy pamphlets, with bluster about delivery, getting things over the line, hooray for the emperor.

And let us be ridden bareback by the beef barons. Watch European and uk price index’s until the widening gap indicates an imminent rise and then protest with plenty of cameras... thank you Laura ce for gathering up the levies.

Aren't I lucky to be away from it all, tax free income, generous road deal, etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

It's hilarious listening to the IFA constantly whinging about poor support.
    Irish farmers are supporting the IFA to the tune of €12-13 million euros every single year. Where is all this money going?
    The IFA fat cats are laughing all the way to their bank.
    When will farmers wake up and stop funding lavish lifestyles for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

tanko wrote: »
    Irish farmers are supporting the IFA to the tune of €12-13 million euros every single year. Where is all this money going?

They have several offices including one in Brussels. I don't anyone in IFA receives funding for a lavish lifestyle

tanko wrote: »

I would 've preferred they stopped paying too than the constant complaints, you're either not happy and don't pay or you are happy, pay and support but what's going on is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭Grueller

I would 've preferred they stopped paying too than the constant complaints, you're either not happy and don't pay or you are happy, pay and support but what's going on is ridiculous.

I'd say by looking at the turnout for local ifa meetings here you will soon get your wish and no one will pay.

MIKEKC wrote: »
    They have several offices including one in Brussels. I don't anyone in IFA receives funding for a lavish lifestyle

It's all dirty slander, no proof ,probably half a dozen were involved and they think everyone is crooked,
    It was never properly dealt with, I kicked off at a local meeting and was told to leave it, not by the officers but by the ordinary members so again I said ****em. I didn't go back for years

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »
    I'd say by looking at the turnout for local ifa meetings here you will soon get your wish and no one will pay.

So be it

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

Poor support in Dublin last week too, poor support for protests for the last ten years at least and I've been saying that on here too so it's not just since the proverbial hit the fan '''authors of their own demise''

I know of only 2 from our county went last week and both were connected directly or indirectly with the land league.

There’s a county grain committee chairman that’s directly involved with the land league at today’s protest. The guys who went to Dublin last week would have a lot more validity and integrity than today’s 12 hour farce.. how many of the lorries even related to beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Ah now come on they couldn’t target them others, sure they have to get as much publicity as they can and it being election time and joe has to go out with a bang.

I don't know what's happening to Irish meat, for years now I'll only eat lambs we feed here apart from maybe lamb shank when I'm out,
    As for ram lambs from now on...ugh
    but the last few time s I've got beef out it has been very poor.
    Not surprising that people are moving away from it

There is nothing wrong with Irish beef and the lads that complain about it aren’t eating enough of it.

There’s a county grain committee chairman that’s directly involved with the land league at today’s protest. The guys who went to Dublin last week would have a lot more validity and integrity than today’s 12 hour farce.. how many of the lorries even related to beef?

Not from what I hear

Not from what I hear

You hear what you want to hear. Where did the ifa get their mandate to go to Lidl this morning?
    The two retailers who actually engaged with protesting farmers. Are IFA purposely souring this?

You hear what you want to hear. Where did the ifa get their mandate to go to Lidl this morning?

From about 100 elected farmers from around the country, There would've been two national commitees involved in that decision. If a counties representation is wrong it's their own fault

From about 100 elected farmers from around the country, There would've been two national commitees involved in that decision. If a counties representation is wrong it's their own fault

I rung the county livestock chairman yesterday and he claimed to know nothing. There was no mention of it at any of the local branch agms either. If they’d went to Tesco there would be some logic but this is an outrage.

I rung the county livestock chairman yesterday and he claimed to know nothing. There was no mention of it at any of the local branch agms either. If they’d went to Tesco there would be some logic but this is an outrage.

Blocking factories was an outrage too but we just had to set up with it,
    Farmers formed splinter groups, they'd be naive to think that they weren't going to cross swords with IFA in the months ahead.
    Joe healy justified and defended the protest last night on Prime time which is more that IFOI ever did

• Advertisement

Farmers formed splinter groups, they'd be naive to think that they weren't going to cross swords with IFA in the months ahead.
    Joe healy justified and defended the protest last night on Prime time which is more that IFOI ever did

I didn’t hear him nor am I an advocate of the the ifoi.
    I am an ifa member and I’m telling you the ifa had no democratic mandate from members for the Aldi Lidl farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

You are knowledgeable with hands on farming tips and skills but you really let yourself down with your blind allegiance and loyalty towards Joe. You remind me of my uncle who could never see any wrongdoing with Bertie and FF. He even went to Charlie’s funeral.

Joe is a descant guy in my view. As wrangler has stated before the president of the ifa can’t really direct strategic action, it comes from county executives?
    If any of them happen to look in here.. TESCO TESCO!

You are knowledgeable with hands on farming tips and skills but you really let yourself down with your blind allegiance and loyalty towards Joe. You remind me of my uncle who could never see any wrongdoing with Bertie and FF. He even went to Charlie’s funeral.

Nail on the head, the old saying comes to mind “ a rise and follow Charlie “

Sinead Ryan was against Joe last night and she highlighted the generous result IFA got inthe Budget.
    Alot of IFAs deliveries over the years have delivered a lot of money for me and only a thick ...... wouldn't acknowledge that,
    From 1995 to 2015 is probably the best years farming ever had.

Sinead Ryan was against Joe last night and she highlighted the generous result IFA got inthe Budget.
    Alot of IFAs deliveries over the years have delivered a lot of money for me and only a thick ...... wouldn't acknowledge that,
    From 1995 to 2015 is probably the best years farming ever had.

Result, Delivered, Deliveries, over the line, a win. Join IFA today and a discount on a willy warmer from Aldi.

The beef barons have went from strength to strength in that time frame. Our politician lay claim to the wins from knee bent cap in hand to Brussels. There’s enough gloating over that.

Result, Delivered, Deliveries, over the line, a win. Join IFA today and a discount on a willy warmer from Aldi.

The beef barons have went from strength to strength in that time frame. Our politician lay claim to the wins from knee bent cap in hand to Brussels. There’s enough gloating over that.

Oh yea politIcians get up every morning wondering what they'll do for farmers today, God help you, cop yourself on, they don't give a damn about farmers.
    There's lots of sectors in Ireland need money far more than farmers and they're in the Dail every day of the week.
    Why don't you write a list of demands and hand it in to the Dail and see how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

kk.man wrote: »
    First of all the Gardaí priority is to prevent a breach of the peace in such situations. The IFA ppl are having a peaceful protest note the word peaceful. The French farmers give their police no choice but to intervene.
    Aldi and Co can stock whatever beef they want. The make a huge advert that's it's Irish so if they go to the UK to source it they will pay 20% more and if the go to the rest of the EU they will pay 15% more for it. Another point Irish supermarkets only buy less than 5% of what we produce. That won't hurt us either.
    Now check your facts before you make an argument.

I dunno - the authorities and companies involved in this have been remarkably tolerant to date. Protest is protest and entirely valid but you can't really have some groups in society basically taking the law into their own hands and interfering with normal business activity. Picketing these depots would be fair enough but blocking supply lorries and supply chains is quite a different matter.

I hear Lidl and Aldi playing it softly, softly at the moment - they're conscious of the PR. But you're only as good as your last customer and nothing at all to stop these companies just taking their business elsewhere, even at a cost. They'd have the financial power to do that.

Oh yea politIcians get up every morning wondering what they'll do for farmers today, God help you, cop yourself on, they don't give a damn about farmers.
    There's lots of sectors in Ireland need money far more than farmers and they're in the Dail every day of the week.
    Why don't you write a list of demands and hand it in to the Dail and see how you get on

The ica have as much political pull as the ifa.
    When the ifa lost militancy what have politicians got to fear from them. It’s more a case of how do we share the press release for this few bob now so it’s a win for Phil hogan. A delivery from the IFA and got over the line by Michael creed and Andrew Doyle..

How would you like to keep a house in Brussels and two houses here, 2 cars and 2 housekeepers?? It’s not easy!
    You should try it.

• Advertisement

The ica have as much political pull as the ifa.
    When the ifa lost militancy what have politicians got to fear from them. It’s more a case of how do we share the press release for this few bob now so it’s a win for Phil hogan. A delivery from the IFA and got over the line by Michael creed and Andrew Doyle..

How would you like to keep a house in Brussels and two houses here, 2 cars and 2 housekeepers?? It’s not easy!
    You should try it.

Don’t rise to the bait, don’t mention Doyle regards doing anything constructive. Have a friend up in Wicklow that was in ag college with and was recently talking about how bad the TB is and how Doyle in all his time in the dail has doing nothing constructive about it and is now hated in the area and in the next election the FF lad will wipe the floor with him. He tried for Brussels job and got wiped out by Mick Wallace who visited ever big town in the area and Doyle attended a few marts.

Advertisement