Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hi, can answer Digiweb questions. Ligtning FTTH is provided on the OpenEir Network and Siro on the Siro Network. They are both full fibre to the home. If you can get both we'd recommend Siro as price is lower.

Both these FTTH options offer speeds of upto 1000 Mbps which is why they are more expensive than 40 a month, they require a brand new fibre cable ran into your house, new ONT and new modem which is reason for install fee.

In the 40 Euro PM range we'd have FTTC services (Fibre to the cabinet) with speeds upto 100 Mbps, sounds like this may be similar to solution you are using at the moment (not sure). In most cases just a modem swap out needed for FTTC so install fee is significantly lower.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

Yes I think FTTC is what I have now. I've learned a lot in the last few hours!

Thanks for that reply it's much clearer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

darragh_k wrote: »
    Magnet v Digiweb decision.

If i have a choice between Lightning FTTH or SIRO with DigiWeb, how should I decide between them? Are they both the same speeds regardless of the technology?

https://digiweb.ie/gigabit-broadband-ftth/

*I see that SIRO is 60 a month and FTTH is 70 so I guess that's it.

Magnet didn't charge any activation fee when i joined them so why are Digiweb charging 100 euro?

Do DigiWeb offer anything for approx 40 a month which is what I'm paying now with Magnet for 100MB connection?

also Vodafone offer 30 per month for 12 months but I dont want to go there.

Have u gone on siro website? It gives all the suppliers of SIRO and you can find the best deal for your area

Yes. Vodafone seem to be the cheapest.

I can't see a 100 euro activation fee on the Vodafone website which DigiWeb charge. maybe it's there but i can't see it.

Vodafone charge 30 a month, so i guess i could do that for 12 months and then cancel the contract.

I may end up just staying with magnet 100mb... cost of SIRO is probably not worth it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Vodafone are coming in hard at €30 for 500mb and €40 for 1gb. There is an activation fee, but can't remember the amount now. It's very tempting to move over at those prices, I'm considering it, but it's Vodafone.

• Advertisement

Vodafone support on chat just told me there is no activation fee.

I thought Digiweb were framing it as a cost that was beyond their control.

I thought Digiweb were framing it as a cost that was beyond their control.

No, not at all. For Siro service with Digiweb once off install fee is 49 Euro. For this you get a Fritzbox modem, not provided by Vodafone and top class customer service i'll let others comment on whether or not you get this from Vodafone :)

OK. Salesman at door told me there was.

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Vodafone are coming in hard at €30 for 500mb and €40 for 1gb. There is an activation fee, but can't remember the amount now. It's very tempting to move over at those prices, I'm considering it, but it's Vodafone.

Sybil Fawlty(Referring to O'Reilly the builder): And why is he cheap? Because he's no bloody good!".

Seriously, I don't know what Vodafone have done but dealing with them is a nightmare. Even paying bills via the website is confusing.

Digiweb wrote: »
    No, not at all. For Siro service with Digiweb once off install fee is 49 Euro. For this you get a Fritzbox modem, not provided by Vodafone and top class customer service i'll let others comment on whether or not you get this from Vodafone :)
    Your customer service is the best in Ireland. But is it worth €24 per month?! :)

• Advertisement

Ok this was a different charge I saw mentioned earlier in this thread...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shyboy View Post
    Do Digiweb charge the activation fee of 99 for customer switching from another FTTH provider (ie. EIR?)

I am already a customer of Digiweb but my brother's contract with Eir is up and he wants to switch...
    Hi, yes unfortuntaely we do as OpenEir charge us same price for a new install as a transfer. Seems crazy and we agree!

Ok this was a different charge I saw mentioned earlier in this thread...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shyboy View Post
    Do Digiweb charge the activation fee of 99 for customer switching from another FTTH provider (ie. EIR?)

I am already a customer of Digiweb but my brother's contract with Eir is up and he wants to switch...
    Hi, yes unfortuntaely we do as OpenEir charge us same price for a new install as a transfer. Seems crazy and we agree!

Hi,

For OpenEir FTTH yes we do charge activation fee for transfer. If your moving from Eir then its definately not Siro as they don't sell Siro. For Siro FTTH we don't charge for transfers.

Thanks, no I don't have SIRO so it would be a new installation.

so i think price would be (25 x 4 months) + (55 x 8 months) + 50 activation = 590 euro approx for the first year.

As i am a new customer to SIRO, SKY would be 50 install and 60 per month x 12 = 770!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭supernova5

Sybil Fawlty(Referring to O'Reilly the builder): And why is he cheap? Because he's no bloody good!".

brilliant, that just about sums up Eir and Vodafone

Pure seems to be a great offer.

No installation fee. 1GB SIRO. 35 per month = 420 for the year.

Anyone try them?

Has anyone experience with a provider installing SIRO in their home.

At the moment I have ethernet ports in all of my rooms in an apartment (Magnet), but they said that SIRO would be completely separate and those ports wouldn't work anymore. Seems a shame when the apartment is wired with those ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

Your customer service is the best in Ireland. But is it worth €24 per month?! :)
    To be quite honest, yes.

You can't put a price on the stress Vodafone will put you through if something goes wrong.

Wouldn't touch Eir or Vodafone no matter what they were offering.

vodafone used to be so good to deal with and would never let you slip away without offering an attractive re contract price. Now however it's long waiting times to get through to anyone and people who don't seem to really know how to fix issues. Their tech support can be good but billing or contracts are awful.
    There's so many Irish companies who are offering good deals for little money more and keep in mind vodafone will prob not give you a good year 2 price. There's digiweb, airwire, pure, nova, carnsore, kerry broadband, rocket and westnet along with SKY and vodafone.

I went with Pure only because their price was the best of the non sky/vodafone providers and when contacted they a) answered the phone promptly and b) answered my questions honestly and clearly. From what people say on here, most other providers are the same and airwire and digiweb's contributions here are testament to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

TheDriver wrote: »
    vodafone used to be so good to deal with and would never let you slip away without offering an attractive re contract price. Now however it's long waiting times to get through to anyone and people who don't seem to really know how to fix issues. Their tech support can be good but billing or contracts are awful.
    There's so many Irish companies who are offering good deals for little money more and keep in mind vodafone will prob not give you a good year 2 price. There's digiweb, airwire, pure, nova, carnsore, kerry broadband, rocket and westnet along with SKY and vodafone.

I went with Pure only because their price was the best of the non sky/vodafone providers and when contacted they a) answered the phone promptly and b) answered my questions honestly and clearly. From what people say on here, most other providers are the same and airwire and digiweb's contributions here are testament to that.

Is the pure router still locked down, will they give you the credentials to allow you to use your own router?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Is the pure router still locked down, will they give you the credentials to allow you to use your own router?
    How can I tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Lads, I must say, I'm a bit disappointed, and I need a bit of a rant.

After reading the positive feedback on this thread, and knowing that my FTTC term with Vodafone was up, I decided I'd give Digiweb my business - despite the fact that they are quite a but more expensive. And so far, to be honest, it's not been great.

It started when I first called the sales department. I spoke to a very pleasant individual, who informed me that, according to the Digiweb system, FTTC wasn't available at my eircode. Given that I'd been on FTTC for years - both with Eir and Vodafone - this very much wasn't the case.

The rep I was speaking to then said he could check my address on an OpenEIR system to confirm FTTC availability. Unfortunately, I was then informed that this system was showing a fault on my line, and my order could not be processed. At this point, I was sitting at home using my (fully functional) broadband, and I informed the rep that there was no apparent fault (nor had there been any recently). However, there was apparently nothing they could do for me, and I was advised to speak to OpenEIR and/or Vodafone.

Cue me speaking to both Eir and Vodafone (after copious amounts of time spend on hold) - and both insisted that there was no fault on the line. So, the next day, I called Digiweb back. I got through to a different rep, and explained my situation. This rep said it would probably to be best to speak to the original rep I had been dealing with, to pick up where I had left of. This original rep was busy, but a message would be left to call me back very soon. Great. Except, the call back never came.

Just before close of play, I decided to call Digiweb one last time. Got through to my third sales rep. Explained my situation (again), but mercifully, this person said that they would just try to put through the order, and see how it goes. Lo and behold, it went through. Finally.

Unfortunately, the woes didn't stop there.

I happened to be away from home on the day the switchover happened. It also just so happened that herself had a work conference on Zoom that afternoon. My (better!) half isn't the most IT-minded, but is perfectly capable of unplugging one router, and replacing it with a new one. She swapped out the Vodafone router for the Fritzbox......and nothing. No connection.

When I got home, I found that the connection profile on the Fritzbox was set incorrectly for a VDSL connection. The Fritzbox was set up to connection via the WAN port, so was not connecting to VDSL. To their credit, a Google search led me to a Digiweb set-up guide, which contained the VDSL connection settings. So, I was able to set up a new connection profile on the Fritzbox and get us connected. But still, it shouldn't have needed to be done, and it left herself high and dry for the afternoon.

But wait, there's more! Our Digiweb package is supposed to come with a phone service. Given that our Fritzbox wasn't correctly set-up for data, it probably shouldn't be a surprise that the phone service wasn't properly configured. I emailed Digiweb about this last weekend. Given that the package we signed up for was supposed to come with a phone service, I was kind of surprised to see that their reply didn't contain an apology of any sort. However, my phone would apparently be set up within 24 to 48 hours - bank holiday notwithstanding. Well,it's now well over 48 hours later, and still no phone service.

Sorry - I know this is a wall of text - but this thread seems to be mostly full of praise for Digiweb's customer service, and they seem to trade on it themselves. However, I just wanted to share my experience, which hasn't reflected that, and has been frustrating to say the least.

I will say that, since I have got the Fritzbox up and running, the connection has been rock solid. However, I was previously with Vodafone, and despite their not great customer service, the connection was perfectly stable too. And when I switched to Vodafone (from Eir), I was able to plug in their equipment, and it just worked - which can't be said of my experience with Digiweb.

TL;DR - Had lots of hassle trying to switch to Digiweb with the Sales team. Then the modem wasn't correctly configured when it arrived, needed manual tinkering to get onto the internet. Still waiting on my telephone service to be set-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^ Funny you mention this.
    Up until July this year I never had any issues with Digiweb customer service either. That charged recently though.
    My contact finished with Digiweb in Aug. I phoned to get a new contract - the discounted one with phone that was offered to new and existing customers. The process involves speaking with an agent who then transfers you over to some one else in sales. I was told it was in hand and would follow on. No email. No confirmation. It was a verbal agreement only.

Contact finished and unsurprisingly I started paying more per month as I didn't move to the new contract. I recall phoning, going on live chat and it not being resolved. In the end I PM'd Digiweb here on boards. In fairness I was moved to a new contract within hours but with out the existing phone service....

Back to live chat again to get the phone activated... That was resolved after 24 hours luckily getting my number back which was a concern.

Few weeks later I noticed I was billed incorrectly as all my free calls were charged instead. (As another poster earlier mentioned).

Back to live chat again...

I guess perhaps I was just unlucky and with everyone working from home, details can get missed. The contract renewal process for an existing customer all seemed very disjointed, but the agents I had dealings with were all as helpful and polite as they could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Schorpio wrote: »

After reading the positive feedback on this thread, and knowing that my FTTC term with Vodafone was up, I decided I'd give Digiweb my business - despite the fact that they are quite a but more expensive. And so far, to be honest, it's not been great.

It started when I first called the sales department. I spoke to a very pleasant individual, who informed me that, according to the Digiweb system, FTTC wasn't available at my eircode. Given that I'd been on FTTC for years - both with Eir and Vodafone - this very much wasn't the case.

The rep I was speaking to then said he could check my address on an OpenEIR system to confirm FTTC availability. Unfortunately, I was then informed that this system was showing a fault on my line, and my order could not be processed. At this point, I was sitting at home using my (fully functional) broadband, and I informed the rep that there was no apparent fault (nor had there been any recently). However, there was apparently nothing they could do for me, and I was advised to speak to OpenEIR and/or Vodafone.

Cue me speaking to both Eir and Vodafone (after copious amounts of time spend on hold) - and both insisted that there was no fault on the line. So, the next day, I called Digiweb back. I got through to a different rep, and explained my situation. This rep said it would probably to be best to speak to the original rep I had been dealing with, to pick up where I had left of. This original rep was busy, but a message would be left to call me back very soon. Great. Except, the call back never came.

Just before close of play, I decided to call Digiweb one last time. Got through to my third sales rep. Explained my situation (again), but mercifully, this person said that they would just try to put through the order, and see how it goes. Lo and behold, it went through. Finally.

I happened to be away from home on the day the switchover happened. It also just so happened that herself had a work conference on Zoom that afternoon. My (better!) half isn't the most IT-minded, but is perfectly capable of unplugging one router, and replacing it with a new one. She swapped out the Vodafone router for the Fritzbox......and nothing. No connection.

When I got home, I found that the connection profile on the Fritzbox was set incorrectly for a VDSL connection. The Fritzbox was set up to connection via the WAN port, so was not connecting to VDSL. To their credit, a Google search led me to a Digiweb set-up guide, which contained the VDSL connection settings. So, I was able to set up a new connection profile on the Fritzbox and get us connected. But still, it shouldn't have needed to be done, and it left herself high and dry for the afternoon.

But wait, there's more! Our Digiweb package is supposed to come with a phone service. Given that our Fritzbox wasn't correctly set-up for data, it probably shouldn't be a surprise that the phone service wasn't properly configured. I emailed Digiweb about this last weekend. Given that the package we signed up for was supposed to come with a phone service, I was kind of surprised to see that their reply didn't contain an apology of any sort. However, my phone would apparently be set up within 24 to 48 hours - bank holiday notwithstanding. Well,it's now well over 48 hours later, and still no phone service.

Sorry - I know this is a wall of text - but this thread seems to be mostly full of praise for Digiweb's customer service, and they seem to trade on it themselves. However, I just wanted to share my experience, which hasn't reflected that, and has been frustrating to say the least.

I will say that, since I have got the Fritzbox up and running, the connection has been rock solid. However, I was previously with Vodafone, and despite their not great customer service, the connection was perfectly stable too. And when I switched to Vodafone (from Eir), I was able to plug in their equipment, and it just worked - which can't be said of my experience with Digiweb.

TL;DR - Had lots of hassle trying to switch to Digiweb with the Sales team. Then the modem wasn't correctly configured when it arrived, needed manual tinkering to get onto the internet. Still waiting on my telephone service to be set-up.

After the first call disaster I would have hung up and left it at that. They've left me in limbo since March when siro was supposed to go live in my area. I got one pm about and nothing since. Think I'll be staying with VM.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    After the first call disaster I would have hung up and left it at that. They've left me in limbo since March when siro was supposed to go live in my area. I got one pm about and nothing since. Think I'll be staying with VM.

PM Sent, unfortunately we are at the mercy of Siro network roll out with this one. Continuing to chase it up.

Schorpio wrote: »

This shouldnt have happened, send us a PM and we'll sort straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

I’ve been with them for years now, back at the start there was some issues with loss of connection which was to do with the eircom line, technician came out and sorted it and never had an issue since. I was enticed by a Vodafone offer for tv and WiFi but exercised the cooling off period as the connection failed repeatedly, switched back to digiweb without hesitation or issue. Moved to a new house over two years ago, had to have FTTH installed and have never had any issues. Digiweb is more expensive for sure, but have been reluctant to change especially since we are both wfh every day since March and will be for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

This shouldnt have happened, send us a PM and we'll sort straight away

Right - credit where it's due. Following my rant-y post yesterday, the team contacted me, and all was sorted in the space of half an hour. The team were very apologetic. It was excellent service, and far more like what I had expected from reading the previous posts on this thread.

I'm looking to put mesh in my house. I see the 7530 is available for 9.95 per month. Can this be purchased from Digiweb at a one-off cost? It's available on Amazon for £120.

I'm looking to put mesh in my house. I see the 7530 is available for 9.95 per month. Can this be purchased from Digiweb at a one-off cost? It's available on Amazon for £120.

I'd recommend the deco M4 3 pack, I use these instead of the fritzbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I purchased an additional one from Digiweb (it's a refurb I believe) at a discount. Not sure if they still do this. Also I purchased a new one directly from Airwire - 95 Euro with 10 Euro del fee. http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/ftth

I now have 4x 7530 devices in my house giving decent coverage. 2 are wired back to the master and the other is connected by 2.4GHz wifi (runs at about 180Mbps).

• Advertisement

Would recommend the new Fritz 3000 Repeater : https://digiweb.ie/product/fritz-3000-repeater/

It's a once off cost, little more expensive but a tidier unit and specifically designed as a Mesh add on so really plug and play.

If you really want another 7530 send us a PM and we can arrange for a once off cost rather than 9.95 per month.

Just for info we'll be launching a range of Fritz Smart home devices pretty soon, starting with the Fritz 500 smart lightbulb. Links back to your fritzbox and allows you to control your lights from a Fritz app on your phone both from your home network and on the go . They are pretty cool!

Advertisement