Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

The card is meant to be handy for EU travel. Personally it is a pain in the arse as many border authorities are slow to accept it.

I'm very quite well travelled and I've never had an issue with it at any passport control. The only problem I had was a check-in desk monkey in Athens tell me that it wasn't a passport until I pointed out the word written on the card. That wasn't long after the card came out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kenpachi

Hi there,
    Does anyone know if there's is a difference in going to the cork or Dublin passport office with regards to time taken to get a passport??

Need to renew mine for travel in first week of June.

If I went to appointment on 24th in Dublin does anyone think I might get passport by 31st??

I can get earlier appointment for cork but I'm not sure if going straight to Dublin might be quicker. I'm in galway by the way.

Also, how do you go about getting someone else to collect passport for you??

Hopefully someone here can help me a little 😉😉

kenpachi wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Does anyone know if there's is a difference in going to the cork or Dublin passport office with regards to time taken to get a passport??

If I went to appointment on 24th in Dublin does anyone think I might get passport by 31st??

I can get earlier appointment for cork but I'm not sure if going straight to Dublin might be quicker. I'm in galway by the way.

Also, can I book flights with my expired passport?? I was going to book them but it's asking for passport id and expiry date and I think the passport office needs proof of travel so what do I do now? 😲😲

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Who is asking for passport details? Normally it is not needed to book flights.

Who is asking for passport details? Normally it is not needed to book flights.

Kiwidotcom I found others that don't seem to need it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi there,

All passports are printed in Dublin. They cannot print in Cork so all requests go through Dublin anyway

Caranica wrote: »
    All passports are printed in Dublin. They cannot print in Cork so all requests go through Dublin anyway

Ah, ok, so I will probably need to collect it in Dublin.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So my renewed passport card arrives today so that was 2 business days for the passport card and 7 business days for the passport card.

Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Is there any way around not having a public services card for a first time application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ah, ok, so I will probably need to collect it in Dublin.

Thanks

Doubt that'll happen. It'll be posted to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

As the title suggests I was under the impression that a PPS was card was sufficient ID flying from Ireland to the UK but a lady on the phone told me I need a passport. Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,318 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

As the title suggests I was under the impression that a PPS was card was sufficient ID flying from Ireland to the UK but a lady on the phone told me I need a passport. Is this true?

I always use my driving licence for UK. Never a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just took my driving licence the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get the boat.,..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I think it's only Ryanair insist on passports, pretty sure I didn't need one last time I flew Aer Lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You're making a big mistake phoning for that type of information because the person you speak to is not the person you will have to deal with at the airport. And to prove my point, what they told you is incorrect. An awful lot of people in call centres simply wing it - they make it up.

If you follow the link provided by poster ted1 in post #2, you'll find that Aer Lingus will accept virtually any id with your photo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jamesy002

Hi,
    Do I need photo ID for lost passport to be renewed. Last passport issued 3 years ago so 7 yrs left . One page of passport website says no , where as application form says you do .
    If required will they accept photo ID from my job which is a financial institution. I've seen they appear student I'D.

Thanks
    Alan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Hi

Just after noticing my child (2 year old) passport is out of date and we are going on holidays on Saturday 1 June.

No Appointments available online on booking system.

Anyone know what to do?

Hi

Just after noticing my child (2 year old) passport is out of date and we are going on holidays on Saturday 1 June.

Anyone know what to do?

Contact your local td now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Hi

Anyone know what to do?

Maybe double check the year? Passport validity for babies was 3 years up
    Until 2017 so if your child is 2 and got a passport as a baby it should still be valid?

Hi

Anyone know what to do?

Sorry to be brutally honest but that's a few days away. Your child won't be going.

Sorry to be brutally honest but that's a few days away. Your child won't be going.

Not true at all, if they act today. Any delay might lead to that outcome but if they did as I suggested they should get the passport by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

How can a 2 year old child's passport be out of date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Children’s passports were 3 years and now are 5 so unless it’s some very strange circumstances a two year olds can’t be out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Maybe double check the year? Passport validity for babies was 3 years up
    Until 2017 so if your child is 2 and got a passport as a baby it should still be valid?

This - if the child is 2 then it shouldn't be out-of-date as first Passport for a baby used to have 3 years validity which is now 5 years since 2017.

I'd like to hear an update on that kids passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Travelling to Portugal on June 14.
    Just realised that my passport expires on June 15.
    Not well up on these matters.!! What do I need to do?
    Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

washman3 wrote: »
    Travelling to Portugal on June 14.
    Just realised that my passport expires on June 15.
    Not well up on these matters.!! What do I need to do?
    Any advice appreciated.

If you do an online application today or tomorrow you should have it by next weekend. Assuming there is nothing odd about your application. You can get the photo done in most Tesco shops it gives you a code that you input during the process and your pic will pop up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Have done an online renewal for my son. Just wondering once the photo gets accepted online does it happen that they can still reject it or does that generally mean there shouldn’t be any issue?

Advertisement