Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

How soon does the tracker work - am using application number provided by email yesterday but says its not viewable yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

How soon does the tracker work - am using application number provided by email yesterday but says its not viewable yet?

Once it arrives on the desk. Usually 24-48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭hello2020

my tracking starts with letter LG but i cannot type this on website as its accepting only nos. if i skip the letters then its not 11 digit no?
    please help how do i track this application ? app. no is like LG 06 123 456 IE

hello2020 wrote: »
    my tracking starts with letter LG but i cannot type this on website as its accepting only nos. if i skip the letters then its not 11 digit no?
    please help how do i track this application ? app. no is like LG 06 123 456 IE

It should only be numbers. It's on the receipt from the post office? Think you can only track it if you do it via PO Express?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Baybay

Webchat basically told me to just keep an eye on the tracker that it was in printing. So I presume I'd have got it today anyway. Strange why they changed the date to the 29th, it's still showing 29th even though I have it .

With my daughter's application, which is the most recent experience in our house, the expected date remained the same on tracker even though it was a few days after the passport arrived but turned out to be the day her passport card was dispatched. May be coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭hello2020

It should only be numbers. It's on the receipt from the post office? Think you can only track it if you do it via PO Express?

thanks for your comment.. its an online passport renewal application for a child which provided a tracking no of its own printed on the envelop and strangely its not just nos..:confused:
    no idea how to track it now..

Can someone explain the point/use for the card? How much extra is it? Just spent 95 on the actual passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Can someone explain the point/use for the card? How much extra is it? Just spent 95 on the actual passport.

It’s handy for business travel fits in the wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The card is meant to be handy for EU travel. Personally it is a pain in the arse as many border authorities are slow to accept it.

salmocab wrote: »
    It’s handy for business travel fits in the wallet.

Is very handy for me as means I dont have to carry passport book - just cost me €100 to get a book and card renewed (awaiting app number to be visible on online tracker).

• Advertisement

Wow, tracker was updated at 5.48pm today and it says delivery is due 24 May with passport card shortly thereafter.....get home and in the post box is my renewed passport.

Submitted an online renewal on my phone on Monday morning and it's in my hands on Wednesday - very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wow, tracker was updated at 5.48pm today and it says delivery is due 24 May with passport card shortly thereafter.....get home and in the post box is my renewed passport.

Submitted an online renewal on my phone on Monday morning and it's in my hands on Wednesday - very impressive.

It’s a brilliant service I had mine less than 24hrs later. Card the day after that too. Presumably as it’s a renewal with no surprises the only hand that touched it sticks it in the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If the online checker says “issue date 17/05/19” then when could someone in France expect it to arrive? Thanks

splinter65 wrote: »
    If the online checker says “issue date 17/05/19” then when could someone in France expect it to arrive? Thanks

Literally anytime within 2 weeks either side of that date. The tracker is practically useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polka King of_the Midwest

Handy as well if you've had to submit your passport book to an embassy for a visa application and you have a European trip booked at the same time. Such a scenario would happen a lot for business travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 daisyday121

Hi, I'm looking to book a holiday in the next three weeks to Spain. My passport is out in November so will have less than 6months on it, would this be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Hi, I'm looking to book a holiday in the next three weeks to Spain. My passport is out in November so will have less than 6months on it, would this be a problem?
    Not a problem at all only would be if you travelled outside the EU. Have a nice holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 james 17

Hey,meant to fly to Portugal today only looked at passport last night and has expired from last month,Plan is book for rapid passport renewal sunday 12.30 for Monday morning and changed flights for Monday night,Any one used this service or any tips about booking it and criteria for getting the passport Monday?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

james 17 wrote: »
    Hey,meant to fly to Portugal today only looked at passport last night and has expired from last month,Plan is book for rapid passport renewal sunday 12.30 for Monday morning and changed flights for Monday night,Any one used this service or any tips about booking it and criteria for getting the passport Monday?

Thanks in advance.

I'd have changed flights to Tuesday night. Same day is supposed to only be for genuine emergencies.

hey caranica ,
    So when will that be a problem is it when you get to office on the Monday,like would they turn yo away?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I got the credit card one in post 2 working days after I submitted it

Just looked up website again and it says about the pilot rapid passport renewal which is in addition to emergency one which looks like would cater for my circumstance , it says theirs 20 appointments a day so maybe tight to get on .Did anyone use this service?

Literally anytime within 2 weeks either side of that date. The tracker is practically useless.

Thank you. Tracker this morning says 3.49 on 18 May your item was sent from Dublin Mail Centre.
    Would that be accurate?

Thank you. Tracker this morning says 3.49 on 18 May your item was sent from Dublin Mail Centre.
    Would that be accurate?

Who knows.

I received mine on Wednesday and today it still says it is printing...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Who knows.

I received mine on Wednesday and today it still says it is printing...

Did you get the card yet?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Did you get the card yet?

Nope and am flying on Monday morning for work so will have to use new passport as do not know if old passport card has been cancelled (while new one is produced).

Strangely spoke to someone today who renewed theirs online on Monday about an hour after me and there's is not due until next week.

Would that be accurate?

You suggest that you're in France. That adds factors beyond the control of the passport office into the time frame for receipt

james 17 wrote: »
    hey caranica ,
    So when will that be a problem is it when you get to office on the Monday,like would they turn yo away?

They won't turn you away, they'll just tell you to come back the next day for your passport

Caranica wrote: »
    You suggest that you're in France. That adds factors beyond the control of the passport office into the time frame for receipt

Yes it’s my brother. He’s in France. It’s his little girls passport and they travel on Wednesday :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Nope and am flying on Monday morning for work so will have to use new passport as do not know if old passport card has been cancelled (while new one is produced).

Strangely spoke to someone today who renewed theirs online on Monday about an hour after me and there's is not due until next week.

Mine came a day after the passport book. You have that anyway so you won’t have a problem.

Advertisement