Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

yeah thats what i mean,
    Im also not used to scan lines and having my face 12inches from a 29" screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »

Thats like saying "I'm not used to driving my brand new Ferrari"...get used to it man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,486 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

yeah thats what i mean,

It can be a bit overwhelming alright! That's one of the reasons I'm sticking to 25 inch cabs myself.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thats like saying "I'm not used to driving my brand new Ferrari"...get used to it man :D

oh dont you worry!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    The only one I've played was Andrew76's and 15k looked lovely. Maybe it varies between chassis to chassis?

Damn straight! :cool:

Xbox 360 looks sweet as hell at 15kHz too, although it would want to for the extra contraptions I had to use to hook it up low res (rgb scart, sync strike, extron rgb, bnc to vga).

• Advertisement

I got an email today from Ronnie,
    5-10 days shipping on the E2
    cant wait awe.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

mine took 3/4 you will need to be ready :)

Thats reminds me about the blast city delivery saga!
    Courier rang me on a Friday moring.
    Can we deliver it Monday they asked?
    I said can you do it today?
    Yeah thats grand will give you a call when were near naas.
    Perfect I said.
    So phone rings around 2.
    be in Naas in 15 mins.
    I said grand I'll get the missis to pop home and let you in.leave it in the garage.
    Then he says,Well who's going to lift it off?
    I was like WTF.
    He tells me its on some sort of truck with no tail lift.
    I was raging.Rang around all my mates and they were all in work/collage etc
    Eventually got one who wasn't busy so he went down but he's not the strongest so I had to keep ringing around.
    I caught one of the lads by chance was driving by and went down and got it in.
    no wonder it was ****ed up when I got home.
    That was redhead international.Clowns

Heres a few close ups of the monitor.I took some better ones but cant find them.Im actually really happy with it. Although I need to bring the brightness down.I need to learn how to adjust it properly

2013-03-14%252019.42.19.jpg

2013-03-14%252019.41.56.jpg

2013-03-14%252019.41.44.jpg

2013-03-14%252019.42.03.jpg

She looks lovely urban! More scanlines always welcome round these parts:

a5333082-82-drooling-homer-simpson.jpg.png?d=1354032233

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Those pics look pretty sweet to me urban.
    You should be a very proud cab daddy!

Scanline filth thats not from Andrew? Is the title of "Sultan of Scanlines" being contested?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Scanline filth thats not from Andrew? Is the title of "Sultan of Scanlines" being contested?

:pac:

More the merrier I say. Welcome to the party and all that craic.

Sent 6 or 7 hours in front of the blast last night.
    Loving it.
    few minor issues tho

lots off compression down the right of the screen.uniform the whole way down.
    and another stranger one.
    I found that if I hit the control panel fermly on the right the monitor gave out a slight "wobble".Nothing major but strange.
    Its not doing it today tho.I did move it today so might be something to do with that.

Aslo still no joy getting the xbox going.
    I got it set to 60hz pal but couldnt set the rez via the component cable.Again It was definitively a sync issue.

20130316_145205.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Urban.
    I see you've posted on J+ re compression. Gunblade/grantspain has replied. He is the go to man for monitor so if he can't sort you put no one can.

Regarding the wobble. I possibly had a similiar issue with my atomiswave if it took a knock. Almost like someone made a load of image adjustments at the one time.

In my case I was able to work around it be relieving the strain on the run of cables between the remote board and the chassis.

Again, gunblade told me that the issue was a dry joint somewhere on the chassis. I never bothered fixing it as I had a workaround but if I ever take the chassis off ill touch up all the joints.

not too worried about either problem at the moment to be honest!
    just glad its in working order!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Gunblade has the chassis out of my Time Crisis cab at the minute, its fixed now and he is posting it back, this is the third one he has sorted for me, I only posted it off on Monday and its fixed and on its way back already. Great service from him.

sounds like a good man to know.
    is it expensive to get them fixed?
    I wonder is he the fella that had mine.

sounds like a good man to know

He is, the chap is nothing short of an expert in monitor diagnosis & repair

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How readily available are replacement 15khz monitors here anyway?
    I'm still wrestling with mine, reinstalled the drivers for the Arcadevga but no improvement.
    Can one get a 15khz signal from regular graphics card, without resorting to Soft 15?
    Not sure the one I have is supported.

• Advertisement

sounds like a good man to know.
    is it expensive to get them fixed?
    I wonder is he the fella that had mine.

It can be pricey, It cost me 50 to get it fixed, but the problem is the postage, it was 30Euro this time to post it over, because of the weight. It was only 17 posting back because i got him to send it to parcel motel.

Post is pure robbery

It is, totally agree, but needed to get it fixed so..

Master of the Universe

Installation of new headphone jack for anyone interested.

So the adapter sits between the Jamma harness and the PCB edge connector, with a wire coming out to the switch.

DSC_0211-2_zps200805ad.jpg

Another wire then comes out of the switch with a 3.5mm jack.

I was able to feed it up through so the switch and the jack pop out under the control panel

DSC_0215-1_zps0c018031.jpg

At the moment I have a 3.5mm extension cable wired into the FrancoB jack and have it hanging out the side.

However, see the coin return button under the coin slot? You could remove that and use the hole as a headphone jack. Not sure now if I want to keep the coin return functionality (and keep the cab original) or do this. Hmm.

DSC_0216-3_zpse2e4c190.jpg

It works well, just one down side. The volume of the PCB has to be pretty loud to hear anything out of the headphones at a decent level.

So if you were to hit the switch to go back to sound out of the cab, you'd really want to lower the PCB down first.

I was thinking of maybe instead of running the 3.5mm jack to headphones, to put a little amp there instead and then run THAT to the cab speakers. Allowing for volume control on both the speakers and the headphones.

Cheers for the pics.

What if you used headphones with inline volume control - would that make any difference I wonder?

Must send him a PM to see how he's getting on with mine, he was waiting on parts to come in. Going with the auto-switching version mounted in button plug myself - only because I'm only using 3 buttons on the cab these days, so somewhere handy to mount it.

Master of the Universe

Can headphones with inline volume control add amplification?

If they can and they'd allow you to increase the volume beyond what the harness is outputting that would be great.

Good idea with the button plug jack. Didn't occur to me at all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You might want to use a headphone amplifier in there to drive the headphones and leave the cabinet speakers connected as is.

Ideally the Jamma audio should be isolated as much as possible to protect the PCBs audio amplifier - the fact you've to turn the PCB volume way up means you've an impedance mismatch and are working the PCB's amplifier harder than you like.

Master of the Universe

So try to keep the PCB volume low and find another way of amplifying the headphones? Interesting. Thanks for that.

When I say I've to put the PCB sound up to get listenable headphone volume, it's nowhere near the maximum volume. It's just loud enough for someone in the same room to ask you to lower it down. Not a house friendly volume :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    So try to keep the PCB volume low and find another way of amplifying the headphones? Interesting. Thanks for that.

When I say I've to put the PCB sound up to get listenable headphone volume, it's nowhere near the maximum volume. It's just loud enough for someone in the same room to ask you to lower it down. Not a house friendly volume :D

Ah you might be ok so I'm the PCB volume isn't all the way to 11 then. Anywhere past half-way I'd be looking to stick a headphone amp in there - no point in stressing out old PCB's :) And also protects the PCB if someone plugs in a crap set of headphones !!
    Google around for CMOY headphones amps.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Been looking at some CMOY amps on ebay. Can't say I've ever heard of them before :)

Reckon something as simple and cheap as this would do the job?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Your-First-CMOY-Headphone-amplifer-fully-working-and-tested-/200817371732?pt=AU_Electronics_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item2ec1a5ea54

Advertisement