Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tinder weight filter

• 29-10-2018 4:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Why doesn't tinder have a weight filter? I should be able to choose to only appear to non fat girls.

Most of the likes I get are from fat ones. The gall of them. I'm in good shape. Why would they think I'm interested in an over weight person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

Release the hounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

More cushion for the pushin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

doylefe wrote: »
    Why doesn't tinder have a weight filter? I should be able to choose to only appear to non fat girls.

Most of the likes I get are from fat ones. The gall of them. I'm in good shape. Why would they think I'm interested in an over weight person?

You must have a face like a weasels ringpiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Don't use it then. Remove yourself from the dating, and gene, pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Just put that in your profile. "No fatties!!". I'm sure that'll work out for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How do you know that these women who you deem to be unworthy of you have liked or swiped right on you unless you've done the same for their profiles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

I missed out on Tinder by about 10 years, ragin as Ive a mate living in Dublin riding different yokes from Tinder every night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go 'round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Go and watch Shallow Hal,.........again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Bigger girls really put in the effort, don't knock it till you've tried it.

Well, you couldn't knock it as such, more see your whole hand disappear, but you'll see what I mean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Collie D wrote: »
    How do you know that these women who you deem to be unworthy of you have liked or swiped right on you unless you've done the same for their profiles?

Thier picture is only pixelated. People who swiped you right appear in your queue. It's easy to compare the pixelated image to a profile image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Probably read this from the other thread.
    I'm single and couldn't get a ride to save my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

doylefe wrote:
    I'm in good shape.

Pics or gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Am I the only one who keeps reading the title as "Tinder weight lifter"..?

Everyone reads what they want it to read, I guess... :D

Found a pic of the OP

seenitall wrote: »
    Am I the only one who keeps reading the title as "Tinder weight lifter"..?

Everyone reads what they want it to read, I guess... :D

I'm guessing you don't use Tinder?

Almost everyone on there is a weightlifter. And I'm only looking at the women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It is not your shape that should matter to these girls.

It's probably your facial appearance. Sadly not much you can do there so settle for what Tinder gives you.......... Also how do you know you get likes from "fat people" unless you like them yourself.

I think you are suppressing your real feelings and have a fetish for the curves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

If tinder works the way I think it does, probably should stop swiping right then OP.

Does tinder have a height filter? If so only fair to have a weight filter.

Nope. Age and distance are your only options other than gender. A lot of people do mention their height on profile and have seen "I'm a bigger girl" on a few too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

I'm guessing you don't use Tinder?

Almost everyone on there is a weightlifter. And I'm only looking at the women.

Your guess is correct! :)

Big girls you are beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Nothing stopping the OP putting up "no chubbies" same as female users say "no shorties"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

orig

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

Nothing stopping the OP putting up "no chubbies" same as female users say "no shorties"

But its ok for them to do it, just because.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I have on my tinder bio saying no to the following:
    Big units
    Baby mamas
    Tattoos
    Vegans

A lot of bigger girls can be quite deceptive with their profile pics. Snapchat filters and generous angles can give unsuspecting gents like the OP the impression that the young wan he’s talking to is a size 10 or below. This is not cool. That’s like me standing on a crate pretending to be 6”5’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

People would only lie about their weight anyway. The amount of "6 foot" guys I used to meet on tinder that were more like 5"7 was astounding.

People would only lie about their weight anyway. The amount of "6 foot" guys I used to meet on tinder that were more like 5"7 was astounding.

But isn't that because of the whole women won't date shortarse guys?....
    conversely... guys don't want big girls...so we see profile pics taken from a height and with cheeks sucked in ...
    I know that they are both generalisations... but there is more than a few people who that would refer to on dating sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

But isn't that because of the whole women won't date shortarse guys?....
    conversely... guys don't want big girls...so we see profile pics taken from a height and with cheeks sucked in ...
    I know that they are both generalisations... but there is more than a few people who that would refer to on dating sites

Women will go for taller, men will go for slimmer, so the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

It's a while since I've online dated but I do remember putting a full-body shot up specifically because I kept being asked for one when I got into conversations with guys - presumably in a "making sure she's not deceptively twice the alleged size" kind of way.

Don't get why people bother if the objective is to pick up dates, it's not like you can keep up the lie in person!

• Advertisement

Women will go for taller, men will go for slimmer, so the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

It's a while since I've online dated but I do remember putting a full-body shot up specifically because I kept being asked for one when I got into conversations with guys - presumably in a "making sure she's not deceptively twice the alleged size" kind of way.

Don't get why people bother if the objective is to pick up dates, it's not like you can keep up the lie in person!

I'm actually a fan of the fuller figure myself :)
    But I think a lot of people won't reveal all about themselves in a profile pic...or their bio.. as they feel slightly vulnerable... putting it all out there to be judged by strangers and to be found not good enough....

Society tells us we must meet a partner the old fashioned way...to use a dating site in some people's eyes is an admittance of failure of conventional norms ( more so in years gone by thank feck) but perhaps some still feel the stigma... dunno just spitballing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Honestly, there is a lot to be said for celibacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Ive a mate living in Dublin riding different yokes from Tinder every night
    armaghlad wrote: »
    I have on my tinder bio saying no to the following:
    Big units
    Yokes means things or a slang term for ecstasy tablets.
    Units means apartments, offices, storage facilities... why would they be on Tinder?

Units means apartments, offices, storage facilities... why would they be on Tinder?

Gimme a pound means you want your arse ridden.... perhaps tinder is exactly what you need!

:D

They say the ones who talk most about sex are the ones not getting any.

I'm going to have to say the opposite must be true too. You wouldn't say that if you weren't getting any.

Celibacy sucks..trust me

They say the ones who talk most about sex are the ones not getting any.

I'm going to have to say the opposite must be true too. You wouldn't say that if you weren't getting any.

Celibacy sucks..trust me
    Not if someone is asexual or has a low sex drive. Or if masturbation/sex toys are sufficient for their needs. More likely to be women than men I've no doubt though.

Lack of sex does appear to be more damaging to men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Years ago I went on an internet date and found the girl to be way heavier than her pictures indicated. Had been nervous going because I thought I was playing near the top of my league.

Really couldn’t understand why she put up those pics, she was going to be rumbled as soon as anyone met her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

A big unit is the same as a big yoke. Your slang is not universal ye know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Jaysus , haven't seen you in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Kareem Acidic Tightrope

I love how women can get away with saying no one under 6 ft and there's no uproar but god forbid if a man mentions a womans appearance

armaghlad wrote: »
    A big unit is the same as a big yoke. Your slang is not universal ye know.
    Why call women either? It's just that that bravado from grown men is unnecessary. Women don't refer to men as things.
    I love how women can get away with saying no one under 6 ft and there's no uproar but god forbid if a man mentions a womans appearance
    Don't think that's the case on this thread though. Personally I cringe at women doing that too. Really lets the side down. If a man isn't attracted to overweight women, that's just his involuntary preference, which there is nothing wrong with. I don't care if he even puts it in his profile, because weight can be lost.

Whereas women who say 6ft only are discriminating based on something a man can't control. And they're ruling out lots of great guys who are maybe 5ft 9 or 10. But I doubt any well adjusted guy would want to get involved with a woman who puts that stupid specification on her profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

But they can't get away with it, theres a thread of people here and in other parts of boards giving out about women who do just that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Whereas women who say 6ft only are discriminating based on something a man can't control. And they're ruling out lots of great guys who are maybe 5ft 9 or 10. But I doubt any well adjusted guy would want to get involved with a woman who puts that stupid specification on her profile.

You're not happy are you ?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

But they can't get away with it, theres a thread of people here and in other parts of boards giving out about women who do just that

They get away with it a lot easier.

Patww79 wrote: »
    They get away with it a lot easier.

I'm not so sure. I think if a woman started a thread about a bunch of shortarses messaging her she'd be annihilated as some up her own hole bint.

Everyone has something they find attractive or unattractive. There's nothing wrong with that. But advertising it kind of seems a bit needless and/or narcissistic.

Although saying that..even as a bit of a shortie myself I don't particularly have a problem with men or women wanting certain heights...some of it is purely down to logistics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Tell us great sorceress. We have come from far and wide. What do you foreshadow?
    the shorter and fatter sorts will lie.

IntoTheWoods-Meryl-Streep-image.jpg

gctest50 wrote: »
    You're not happy are you ?

:p
    I'm a wimmenz :) I just mean I dislike when fellow women do stuff to let the side down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

I dated online in the past, I'm 177cm, or 178/ 5,10 in shoes easily,

I wouldnt go putting in 5'9.5 down, met a girl online that said she was 5'7" she was from the continent, dont think she could calculate metric to imperial, she was more like 5'11" and I could tell she was a bit put out, didnt suit me but the error was hers, we agreed to go our ways rather than sit through the awkwardness, but I made it clear to her it wasnt like I said I was 6".
    I can see why the OP is put out, I wouldnt be interested in dating someone that isnt at least average weight, Im not in model cover shape myself,could do with losing a few kgs but being overweight to me means you cant stop stuffing the buns into your cake hole, exercising recently and doing the calculations, I know its difficult to shed a small amount of weight as the kcals dont burn off easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Years ago I went on an internet date and found the girl to be way heavier than her pictures indicated. Had been nervous going because I thought I was playing near the top of my league.

Really couldn’t understand why she put up those pics, she was going to be rumbled as soon as anyone met her.

Rumbled when she walked did she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I mean personal preference and all that but can you not just use your eyes?

People are attracted to who they’re attracted to anyway. Some people don’t like heavier folks and some people won’t bother with short-arses, just something you have to take on the chin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Jaysus , haven't seen you in years.

Am still hanging in there baby!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement