Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder weight filter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Glad I’m in a relationship and never did the online dating thing because I’m not at all photogenic. I’m happy enough with my looks but I don’t really seem to know how to angle my face so that it looks like me. I also frequently look goofy in photos. My husband, brave man, has commented on my lack of photogenicity (is that a word?) too. He says I often look like a different person altogether in photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Does obesity suddenly mean that somebody doesn't deserve love?

No, it means they need to stop filtering their photos so guys who are into obese girls can actually find them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Feisar wrote: »
    Sorry for keeping this going however, if one is inclined to filter/crop/photoshop themselves they are hardly going to step up on a scale and input the result into their Tinder profile?

I really don't understand the furore here. Has no one ever used POF? They ask all sorts of extra info which can used to filter out others (and you from them), including body type, height, smoker or not, income, education. Tinder (in theory) is premised on 'hot or not' and that's it. It seems a lot of folks have forgotten this, or are in denial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Glad I’m in a relationship and never did the online dating thing because I’m not at all photogenic. I’m happy enough with my looks but I don’t really seem to know how to angle my face so that it looks like me. I also frequently look goofy in photos. My husband, brave man, has commented on my lack of photogenicity (is that a word?) too. He says I often look like a different person altogether in photos.

I get this too. My sister always says I look nothing like 'me' in photos, my face looks bigger, features look longer, if the camera doesn't capture me at a certain angle I can look way bigger than I am! In real life I get a lot of male attention, in photos I can sometimes look like my facial features are all over the place and I've a bit of weight on me! I'm 5"1 and under eight stone so looking "fat" in photos should not be a thing for me!

I went on two online dates in recent months, both times the guys told me they were pleasantly surprised as they'd had so many opposite experiences and really didn't know what to expect when meeting women anymore. One of them looked grand in his photos, nothing special - was a total babe in real life :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

I’ve never webtvon tinder tbh I would be embarrassed I’d be seen
    I go to bars and women smile back
    6’2” lifter checking in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I go to bars and women smile back
    6’2” lifter checking in

wet-floor-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

MJa9C1j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I get this too. My sister always says I look nothing like 'me' in photos, my face looks bigger, features look longer, if the camera doesn't capture me at a certain angle I can look way bigger than I am! In real life I get a lot of male attention, in photos I can sometimes look like my facial features are all over the place and I've a bit of weight on me! I'm 5"1 and under eight stone so looking "fat" in photos should not be a thing for me!

I went on two online dates in recent months, both times the guys told me they were pleasantly surprised as they'd had so many opposite experiences and really didn't know what to expect when meeting women anymore. One of them looked grand in his photos, nothing special - was a total babe in real life :pac:

It's because photos make your face less compact, if you have long features this will be doubly problematic. Someone like Wayne Rooney or weeman lmao are perfect for selfies because they have stunted short faces.

Honestly, I could easily tell the women in the pic above was gonna be overweight, not as much as the 'real life' picture suggests but I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It's because photos make your face less compact, if you have long features this will be doubly problematic. Someone like Wayne Rooney or weeman lmao are perfect for selfies because they have stunted short faces.

Actually it depends on the lens. A wide angle lens distorts facial features whereas a telephoto lens compresses everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

I would like D... Size filter. I don't like small peanut likes. I like a big oul schlong.

Imagine being on Tinder for a hookup, you go on a date or meet up and the guy is handsome but then he is like 4 inches, lmao, a lot of girls looking for one thing must get a rude awakening every now and then. No way of filtering that because no girl is gonna ask for a dick pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Imagine being on Tinder for a hookup, you go on a date or meet up and the guy is handsome but then he is like 4 inches, lmao, a lot of girls looking for one thing must get a rude awakening every now and then. No way of filtering that because no girl is gonna ask for a dick pic.
    You’d be surprised

In 2018, nothing would surprise me tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Handsome guys with small Ds still have an easier time with women.

Guys that are average looking or less who are packing downstairs have no way of showing that off. It never helped me with women anyway, its more like a bonus than a deciding factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

I'm a bit conflicted about this. On the one hand my days of casual hookups are well behind me, far too emotional a creature for that nowadays.

On the other hand it's a pain in the boob to spend loads of time building an emotional connection with a guy, allowing the attraction to build and when you get to that crucial moment...sigh. it's not gonna work for you. Been there a few times :confused::(

I thought it was about not about the boat size but something about motion hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

MJa9C1j.jpg

Reality is nicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

picture from above of just heavily made up/contoured face plus ample cleavage, possibly with some kind of filter on the photo means the subject is gonna be on the heavy side

Addle wrote: »
    Attractiveness is relative though.
    It's just taste.
    not really, there are some elements to appearance which are pretty much universally attractive - symmetry, healthy etc

• Advertisement

not really, there are some elements to appearance which are pretty much universally attractive - symmetry, healthy etc

It's called different strokes for different folks, true, not everyone is going to find a quadruple amputee physically attractive.. but someone with a few extra pounds..or a few inches smaller isn't going to make any difference to the vast majority of right thinking people.

It's called different strokes for different folks, true, not everyone is going to find a quadruple amputee physically attractive.. but someone with a few extra oihndsy..or a few inches smaller isn't going to make any difference to the vast majority of right thinking people.
    I said "some elements", it's right there in the post you quoted. Within a certain scope, attractive people are attractive to most people, there are outliers and fetishes but they are a minority.

I said "some elements", it's right there in the post you quoted. Within a certain scope, attractive people are attractive to most people, there are outliers and fetishes but they are a minority.

But, you've said nothing... symmetry?! Everything has symmetry...it's like saying we like air
    Healty? Unless someone has an obvious physical impairment..or states on their bio they have canceror somesuch...not much can be gleaned from a pic
    That is the scope of this discussion as per the OP...if you want to broaden it...can you start a new thread?

sorry mother

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

People would only lie about their weight anyway. The amount of "6 foot" guys I used to meet on tinder that were more like 5"7 was astounding.
    They didn't mention their 3 inch high heels then the scoundrels

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

But, you've said nothing... symmetry?! Everything has symmetry...it's like saying we like air
    Nope. For a start "everything" doesn't have symmetry. When talking about physical attractiveness facial and bodily symmetry features very high. Symmetry shows good nutrition and developmental health in childhood and adolescence. This stuff is wired into us at a very deep level. Another one consistent across time and culture is a particular hip/waist ratio in women, regardless of weight. The hour glass in basic terms. EG that pic of the woman above that you like. She's fat by many cultural standards, but (mostly)retains that ratio. It's been found that women with that shape have fewer reproductive problems. In men broader shoulders and narrower hips are favoured. Other attractiveness triggers are more feminine faces in women and more masculine faces in men. Various studies show we make these decisions of yay/nay very rapidly, within seconds of meeting someone. Hell, as Tinder shows we can make these decisions just as rapidly going by a photo alone and swipe right or left accordingly.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 QuestionTime18

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nope. For a start "everything" doesn't have symmetry. When talking about physical attractiveness facial and bodily symmetry features very high. Symmetry shows good nutrition and developmental health in childhood and adolescence. This stuff is wired into us at a very deep level. Another one consistent across time and culture is a particular hip/waist ratio in women, regardless of weight. The hour glass in basic terms. EG that pic of the woman above that you like. She's fat by many cultural standards, but (mostly)retains that ratio. It's been found that women with that shape have fewer reproductive problems. In men broader shoulders and narrower hips are favoured. Other attractiveness triggers are more feminine faces in women and more masculine faces in men. Various studies show we make these decisions of yay/nay very rapidly, within seconds of meeting someone. Hell, as Tinder shows we can make these decisions just as rapidly going by a photo alone and swipe right or left accordingly.

Don’t forget height Wibbs, women are hard wired to seek tall men out and pretty much all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sorry mother

And take your coat off indoors. You won't feel the benefit when you go outside.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

On an "all of society" level, I think you must be right, as I can't explain the covers of gossip magazines in any other way.
    But on a more personal level, I've rarely been in a conversation with (female) friends where any two agreed on a certain male being attractive or not. In my experience, it's perfectly possible that someone who is a complete knee-melting heartthrob to one woman makes another one shiver in revulsion.

So, either I am surrounded by a lot of fetishists, or actual attraction and finding someone pleasing to look at are two very, very separate things altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Don’t forget height Wibbs, women are hard wired to seek tall men out and pretty much all do.
    Yep. Taller than them anyway. Heavier than them another general thing.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement