Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Crisps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Chipsticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Super value stocking Discos again

I shall pay a little visit me thinks ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Anyone know if any place in Dublin is selling Barry’s Gloves nettle flavour?? They are probably still in the shops in Monaghan but can’t get up there due to the restrictions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Top chief

I have 3 O'Donnells cheddar cheese.Also Tayto smokey bacon and Meanies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Anyone know if any place in Dublin is selling Barry’s Gloves nettle flavour?? They are probably still in the shops in Monaghan but can’t get up there due to the restrictions.

It was Barry’s jabs that were nettle flavoured. Because you know, they stung. I’m trying to remember which variety were the hedgehog ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just had a bag of Lidl's version of Mighty Munch Flamin Hot. Fair oul kick off them. Quite tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Keoghs Irish Cheddar and Red Onion Crinkle Cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Super value stocking Discos again

I shall pay a little visit me thinks ha

Is this definite ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I get you. Nothing like a tomato sandwich with added salt and a packet of Hunky Dory cheese and onion. But I take the crisps on the side. Bite of sandwich and scoop of crisps.

All goes down the one way;)

Lidl used to have these savage sour cream and cheese crinkle ones but I have’t seen them in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Bag o' Chips were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anyone remember mini chips ? Think KP used to do them, used to come in about 3 flavors I think... you are talking late 80’s to mid 90’s I think...

photo-10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gone but not forgotten, they were unreal

UK00001539373.jpg

O'Donnells cheese & onion the best around today. Salt & Vinegar Discos a close second but haven't seen them in a while.
    Undercover wrote: »
    Bag o' Chips were great.
    Forgot about these, amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Crinkle cut crisps have a larger surface area allowing more flavouring to adhere to it. Hunky Dorys Buffalo flavour are tasty effers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Strumms wrote: »
    Anyone remember mini chips ? Think KP used to do them, used to come in about 3 flavors I think... you are talking late 80’s to mid 90’s I think...

photo-10.jpg

Still being made. Not as good as they used to be.

Still being made. Not as good as they used to be.

Thanks, might have to try them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Strumms wrote: »
    Thanks, might have to try them so.

I think Aldi or Lidl have their own version as well. About a €1 for a fairly hefty bag of them. Haven't tried them, but worth a go probably.

Supermarket run later today, be a snack attack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

Burton Fish n Chips. Come in salt and vinegar, curry sauce and pickled onion. My sister gave me a few packs a while back. Can't get them anywhere. Anyone seen them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

My local Applegreen sell them anyway, never tried them actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Nestles Toffee Crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Arealred

Bikers are a lovely crisp! Not every shop has them but they are nice.

Arealred wrote: »
    Bikers are a lovely crisp! Not every shop has them but they are nice.

They’re a unionist Tayto product so you’ll find them everywhere north of the border. They just remove the Tayto logo when they sell them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I've recently been introduced to Walkers Max Strong Jalapeno and Cheese. It says "good with beer" on the wrapper and they're right. I like hot food and these are HOT alright. Delicious.

tscul32 wrote: »
    I've recently been introduced to Walkers Max Strong Jalapeno and Cheese. It says "good with beer" on the wrapper and they're right. I like hot food and these are HOT alright. Delicious.

They’re lovely, though my favourite would be the chicken wing ones. It’s very hard to get the lime pickle and wasabi.

That said, they’re good with beer while I’m eating them, but then I get a heartburn that would take down a horse and have to stop drinking shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nestles Toffee Crisps.

Golden Crisp

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

blade1 wrote: »
    Golden Crisp

Mint Crisp?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mint Crisp?

Crisp 'n Dry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Tried the Tayto Bistro salt and vinegar earlier, near cut the mouth off me. Highly recommend!

Advertisement