Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Crisps

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Hunky dory’s buffalo flavour , could live on them
    Sam Spudz Smokey Bacon , thicker crimped crisps.

sam-spudz.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

.red. wrote: »
    Aldi Chilli tortilla chips, better than Doritos and at about 45c they're savage value too.
    WTF did Lidl to their ones. They used to be OK, now they are vile.

Aldi ones vary a lot. Some batches aren't all that bad and savage value.

Best ever were the Phileas Fogg Devilishly Hot Tortilla Chips.

A good replacement were the Marks and Spencer own brand in a black packet, sadly also defunct.

They're an insipid imitation of themselves now, there was a time they'd burn the inside of your mouth off before certain additives were banned. Same with chipstix, opening a bag of either would have brought tears to your eyes years ago.

I went off Mini-Chips a long time ago because of the above, but I have to speak up for Chipstix - I had 2 bags today which nearly choked me when I got the scent of them, pure bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hunky Dory's Curry or Wheelies for me at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Perry's crisps always stale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Has to be monster munch but bags getting smaller but yum

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Roasted ox flavour Real Crisps. Can't find them anywhere anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I cannot believe Doritos are a successful product. Forget Apple; this is the real triumph of marketing over reality. It's basically cardboard shaped like a crisp. Horrible stuff.

Post lockdown Earthhorse has been enjoying a packet of these occasionally with his lunch.

snapshotimagehandler_1898057852.jpeg?h=540&w=540

People who think Cheese & Onion is an exciting flavour are also the kind to think that the weather forecast is a soap opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sam Spudz Smokey Bacon , thicker crimped crisps.

sam-spudz.jpg

Oh how I miss them. A great crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jazz_jazz

O'Donnells Cheese & Onion

Thai Rings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I cannot believe Doritos are a successful product. Forget Apple; this is the real triumph of marketing over reality. It's basically cardboard shaped like a crisp. Horrible stuff.

Post lockdown Earthhorse has been enjoying a packet of these occasionally with his lunch.

snapshotimagehandler_1898057852.jpeg?h=540&w=540

People who think Cheese & Onion is an exciting flavour are also the kind to think that the weather forecast is a soap opera.

Agreed.
    Great nosebag Earthhorse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭randd1

Lidl gourmet crisps, the ones in the black bags. Sea Salt & cider vinegar, mature cheddar and spring onion and sweet chilli & sour cream. great stuff.

McCoys flame grilled steak.
    Thai onion rings.
    McDonnells cheese & onion.

All great crisps as well.

I have to say I miss ghosties, snaps and banshee bones, haven't seen them in a while. Burger bites just don't have the same spice to them anymore either.

I also have to say I miss a full bag of crisps. I remember the Perri range (C&O, S&V, SB), the bags used to be nearly busting with crisps (and for a while they had a chance of winning 20 quid), these days you're lucky if you get a packet of crisps with enough in them to make a crisp sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fuck off with the Doritos you spiteful pricks.

Well said, T. Spot on.

Especially that blue “cool” flavour one. Had to stop eating them altogether.

Really not good for the auld “digestion”. Found I was getting, severely, dehydrated after a bag of them and this, then, lead to a gritty, dry, sharp and scratchy “stool” that was not pleasant to pass. Not pleasant at all.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

Walkers Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations - I can't actually buy them anymore due to a serious addiction. I literally cant get enough of them and it got to the point where I was angry if I didnt have a pack a day. I'm now allowed a pack on my birthday :D

I'm loving Cali crisps at the moment, the chipotle and the sweet chilli ones are delicious! Nutritional value is really decent too compared to other crisps, made from chickpea flour and are gluten free but the flavour of them are whopper and they are nice and crunchy too.

https://calicalifoods.com/

Used to love bikers as a kid :D Tried a pack a couple of years back....just not the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Probably Salt and Vinegar Pringles or Doritos Chili Heatwave.

Just ate a full 150G bag of Doritos Flamin Hot Tangy Cheese....jesus they aren't joking about the flaming hot, I was sweating afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jaffa cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What happened to Sam Spudz?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jaffa cakes.

Fcukin' knew it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Cadbury’s Golden Crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

YFlyer wrote: »
    What happened to Sam Spudz?

Best crips ever forgot about them, bit like meself, small package but tasty

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

McCoys Salt & Vinegar a very enjoyable crunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

O'Donnell's cheese and onion or Ballymaloe relish flavour.😊

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I enjoy Walkers oven baked cheese and onion Crisps, they are very crunchy and the 6 pack can be quickly swallowed. I hafe fancy Crisps in those pretentious flavours, the type that feminists would buy, they give me a sore stomach, "caramelised cheddar and red wine flavour", carry on like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Jonnie Onion Rings are lovely, blue bag.
    Discos Salt & Vinegar from years ago would nearly take the skin off the roof off your mouth, but I loved them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Bikers spicy flavour
    Never see them sold anymore think there a classic crisp now that you can only order online.
    Use to love them growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

It must be an awful existence if your favourite flavour of crisp is “cheese and onion”.

What a dull, and miserable, taste to consider a favourite. Sad really.

Pot, meet kettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

In all this confusion, people seem to forget that Joe 'Spud' Murphy invented Cheese and Onion flavouring of crisps in 1954-55 and to this day nothing has bettered it, and away with you with yer corn shíte and so on, crisps are made of potato, anything not made of potato is pure shíte

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Picked up a 6 pack of Monster Claws from Aldi during my weekly shop. I wasn't expecting much, and I wasn't disappointed in having that opinion.

Monster Munch have gone to hell over the years, but these were the next level of awfulness. Insipid is the best word I could use to describe them.

Is it safe to feed 5 packets of Monster Claws to ducks?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jaffa cakes.
    They get crisper as they get stale.

That was a key argument in a major court case to get them put on a lower VAT rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The Dunnes Stores Simply Better salt and vinegar are amazing. Salt and vinegar Discos were great too.
    I wouldn't say no to Wheelies or Bacon Fries either.

Advertisement