Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Crisps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Cruncho’s hotdog flavour.. Sweet jesus i would quite literally suck for just one more packet of them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Normally wouldn't rate Walkers but their Max Strong Hot Chicken Wings are a serious bag of Crisps.
    A bag of those, a double decker,a Star Bar and finished off with a Magnum white with chocolate chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

When we’d meet up with family the odd Saturday night for a takeaway and few beers I’d murder O’Donnell salt and vinegar when there was a bowl of them put out. At the moment Tesco are selling big bags of tayto smokey bacon and they’re going down a treat washed down with a bulmers or two at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

theteal wrote: »
    Crun-chos.

Ahhhhh Hell Yea !!!!! What a shame you can't get them anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

They're an insipid imitation of themselves now, there was a time they'd burn the inside of your mouth off before certain additives were banned. Same with chipstix, opening a bag of either would have brought tears to your eyes years ago.

Golden Wonder Salt and Vinegar still burn the mouth off you !
    Supervalue sell the multi pack for either €1·50 or€2 , tasty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Pringles and Doritos generally taste miles better than everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

Manhattan cheese & onion are literally the crack cocaine of the crisp world. Failing that McCoys flaming steak are an excellent choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Love a cheeky bag of Meanies. Also love the Walkers Baked crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Cheetos jalapeno flavour. They are just amazing. But can't really get them in Ireland unless you go to that American candy store and paid crazy money for a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Discos are unbelievable with a few beers

Can’t seem to find them anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Discos but there hard enough to get nowadays. Same with Mini Chips

I like Bikers, Tayto and Walkers (C&O, S&V and Prawn cocktail) and McCoy's S&V. Dont like the C&O Mccoys

I got a pack of those new Doritos Tangy Cheese and **** me my mouth was on fire after only a few crisps

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Salt and Vinegar Pringles are my current vice.

At one time O'Donnells were king - sour cream & jalepeno flavour, now discontinued, so I switched to their cheese and onion but find them far to oily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Greyfox wrote: »
    Pringles and Doritos generally taste miles better than everything else.

What terrible disease destroyed your tastebuds?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

They're an insipid imitation of themselves now, there was a time they'd burn the inside of your mouth off before certain additives were banned. Same with chipstix, opening a bag of either would have brought tears to your eyes years ago.
    rapul wrote: »
    Yeah anything salt and vinegar, discos used to be epic but not so bueno anymore

Edit, as already mentioned mini chips but also just not what they used to be

Banshee Bones were the same. My mouth's actually puckering thinking about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

It must be an awful existence if your favourite flavour of crisp is “cheese and onion”.

What a dull, and miserable, taste to consider a favourite. Sad really.

Just like something Angus VB would say. Are you related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Has to be Kettles lightly salted crisps. Nothing else comes near - apart from Kettles mature cheddar and red onion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Love a cheeky bag of Meanies. Also love the Walkers Baked crisps.

The bloody hum of Meanies. Used to love Trekkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭chosen1

Just like something Angus VB would say. Are you related?

Similar, but I don't think Emmett is being ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Who's going to start a row by insisting crisps should be potato based, not corn or some other ingredient?

I guess that'll be me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Inferior to O'Donnell's.
    Absolutely not, never!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

theteal wrote: »
    Crun-chos.

Do they even make them still.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Kettle crisps, the navy bag with pink wroting, salt n balsamic vinegar.
    They are beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Do they even make them still.

They do not. Even after multiple handwritten letters to the head honchos in Tayto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Classic Tayto Cheese & Onion and Lidl XXL Paprika

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

McCoys steak flame grilled, the missus recently bought me a 36 pack for my birthday and had them gone within the fortnight. Prawn Cocktail and smokey bacon flavour Tayto, Bacon Fries, jesus I could go on and on and on. Sam Spudz BBQ flavour back in the day were unreal. Aldi used to do Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar flavour back about 10yrs ago that were seriously addictive, version they have now is nowhere near as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Perri pub crisps were amazing

Cant think of the name but they also made similar crisps that were in a red bag and equally as good

Fairly odd is you cant get Manhattan crisps outside of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

What terrible disease destroyed your tastebuds?

I've got perfect tastebuds which is why I'm able to eat a packet of tayto and realise that grand is the best way of describing them

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tayto Cheese and Onion or Tayto Prawn Cocktail :) Jury is still out on the Bacon and Cabbage flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Hot n spicy nik naks are savage

Monster munch used to be savage. Only okay now, like lots of one's mentioned already.

• Advertisement

Keoghs crinkle cut salt and vinegar. New to the market but straight to no1 for me.

Advertisement