Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Crisps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Barry’s Gloves nettle flavour are the greatest crisp ever invented. End of thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Don't shoot me, but I like the multi pack Walkers cheese and onion crisps, something about them that is very fresh and fairly cheap too usually on sale for 1.50.

Will always be a Tayto man though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Golden Wonder cheese & onion ...

Yum yum yum...

King too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Golden Wonder cheese & onion ...

Yum yum yum...

King too.

Forgot bout them, big packs for cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Honey roast ham crinkle cut from m and s. live too far away from a local store to go get some.

• Advertisement

Walkers Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli, or Keogh's Red Pepper and Sweet Chilli if I'm feeling patriotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TM2015

Love paprika crisps. Very continental. Hard to find here. Just like dill flavoured ones, a bit salty, a bit herby.

Got some manchego and chilli crisps from Marks today. Delish!

Anyone remember pizza flavoured Cheetos?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

I do like the odd Tayto Cheese and Onion sandwich on white bread laced with butter from time to time.

I love a crisp and tomato sandwich ! People think I'm weird when I say that, but honestly, don't judge me until you've tried it. A bit of mayo is a nice addition. (Obviously it has to be eaten immediately on preparation and not left to let the tomato make the crisps soggy)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

trashcan wrote: »
    I love a crisp and tomato sandwich ! People think I'm weird when I say that, but honestly, don't judge me until you've tried it. A bit of mayo is a nice addition. (Obviously it has to be eaten immediately on preparation and not left to let the tomato make the crisps soggy)

I get you. Nothing like a tomato sandwich with added salt and a packet of Hunky Dory cheese and onion. But I take the crisps on the side. Bite of sandwich and scoop of crisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Cornflakes. You can argue that they are crisps. You can’t beat a good bowl of fresh crispy cornflakes with cold milk. And you can have this tasty snack for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or even as a snack in between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

O donnells cheese and onion/ballymaloe relish are great. Love an Aul bag of meanies on a long road trip, seems you can only get mega meanies now, which I don't really mind :D

I think we are spoilt for choice in Ireland with great crisps. Most other countries only have 90 versions of 'ready salted' in shops. They're so bland, I don't bother with crisps when I'm away. UK is alright I suppose but walker's etc. are also an inferior crisp to tayto, king, keoghs, o donnells.

Pringles have gone a bit downhill recently. I used to love sour cream and onion but they're lacking in flavour nowadays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I love mini chips, salt and vinegar. So hard to find them these day but I know one shop selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I love mini chips, salt and vinegar. So hard to find them these day but I know one shop selling them.

Lidl have a “version” of them. Not bad.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m going to first add to the anti Doritos Q... taste is bland and the texture is absolutely crap, nothing pleasant to eating them...

Haven’t had burger bites in a while, they’d be yummy, again the packs are ever fûcking shrinking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Perry Thai Rings, or Hot Lips...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

O'Donnell's Cheese and Onion crisps are great

Also from my childhoods I remember Crunch-Os which were hot dog flavoured corn snacks, they were lovely.

Burger Bytes were another favourite of mine from the 90's, I'd ate a bag of them now if I had them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

O’Donnells Hickory BBQ

Gorgeous with a sandwich, but of a kick to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Has somebody mentioned Pringles?

Sour Cream & Chive, oh the joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well I'm on the Rancheros this weekend. Oh the joy so tasty! The only problem is one bag is not enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Buffalo Hunky Dory's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

appledrop wrote: »
    Well I'm on the Rancheros this weekend. Oh the joy so tasty! The only problem is one bag is not enough!

I just had a bag there now. There was a girl stocking up the crisps near the checkout and I just picked them up.
    Tasty is NOT the word! :D
    Was it Rancheros that used to have the little flavour sachet in the bag years ago btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mistersifter

In fairness to us Paddies, we do a bloody good crisp.

Tayto invented the first ever flavoured crisps..Definitely our most important contribution to world progress.

Our newer brands like Keoghs and ODonnells and Tayto's Bistro range are the business too.

For me the best were the King Leo Burdocks salt n vinegar flavour. That needs to be brought back immediately.

Have to hand it to the brits, too, the Walkers Max Strong spicy yolks are top notch (which is weird cos normal Walkers are utter sh*te)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Banshee bones RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

twirlagig wrote: »
    I just had a bag there now. There was a girl stocking up the crisps near the checkout and I just picked them up.
    Tasty is NOT the word! :D
    Was it Rancheros that used to have the little flavour sachet in the bag years ago btw?

There was one of those ‘sachet’ in the salt and vinegar discos. Guaranteed tears...in a good way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Sam spudz used do a crinkle cut cheese/onion flavour around 20 years ago. The ultimate crisp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

digzy wrote: »
    Sam spudz used do a crinkle cut cheese/onion flavour around 20 years ago. The ultimate crisp!

Their smokey bacon crisps were the best by far, Tayto was muck in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Smiths Bacon Fries, The King of Crisps. Monster Munch aren’t far behind especially the ones with the extra spice crumbs on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Has somebody mentioned Pringles?

Sour Cream & Chive, oh the joy :)

Pringles are not crisps. They are biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Pringles are not crisps. They are biscuits.

Hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Hahaha

It's true

Advertisement