Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I see Dr Bob & Steve SI have ranked up & joined the ranks of the elite

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Earthbound and Shantae are available on the WiiU virtual console from today in the US. Lets hope it drops the price of carts.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lets hope it drops the price of carts.

Yeah fingies crossed, if the US cart became more reasonable I'd consider it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »

spiderman-with-great-power-comes-great-18660.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Spider-man-opens-window.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm just starting to do something that I should have done years ago- play Super Metroid!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You go girl!
    It's all sorts of awesome....
    But, I'll be a knob and say it's not the same without the giant box and manual!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You go girl!
    It's all sorts of awesome....
    But, I'll be a knob and say it's not the same without the giant box and manual!

Never had the box for it, but the cart's been sitting in my collectin for about ten years. I'm not even sure where it came from, but it's always been there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's a sex shop next door to the hotel. Heheheh. ;)

• Advertisement

Well, I have to say, it's started.
    I expected him to crack earlier tbh.

Is it a sex shop or a shop that sells sex? They are very different things.
    Atavan, your first time should be with someone who you care about or at least someone your drunk with, dont do it dude :D
    Save your cash for the beers and pokemons.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Is it a sex shop or a shop that sells sex? They are very different things.
    Atavan, your first time should be with someone who you care about or at least someone your drunk with, dont do it dude :D
    Save your cash for the beers and pokemons.

Agreed, "Gotta Catch 'Em All" really isn't referring to STD's...

Agreed, "Gotta Catch 'Em All" really isn't referring to STD's...

0.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Certainly wouldn't want to go asking for Squirrtles or Jigglypuffs in that kind of establishment.

Atavan is begging to be photoshopped into that image & posted in the Meme thread.

Only about an hour inbto Super Metroid, and I'm all types of lost. This is going to take a while.

deathrider wrote: »
    Only about an hour inbto Super Metroid, and I'm all types of lost. This is going to take a while.

When you're done you'll have a choice, to jump straight into the GBA games, Zero and Fusion or go for the incredible Prime trilogy.
    Metroid Other M is sh1te, avoid, especially coming off something as superb as Super Metroid.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    When you're done you'll have a choice, to jump straight into the GBA games, Zero and Fusion or go for the incredible Prime trilogy.
    Metroid Other M is sh1te, avoid, especially coming off something as superb as Super Metroid.

Other M is decent enough, if you ignore all the cut scenes and any of her voice acting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah apart from the godawful story and somewhat bumbled control scheme there's a lot of interesting things in Other M. Certainly was a nice change of pace as the Prime games were passed their prime by part three!

• Advertisement

I don't have a Wii, so I wouldn't be playing Other M anyways (it is Wii, right?), but so far I'm loving Super.

That's a great feeling to get from a game, all too rare these days though.

All glory to Dark Souls though for bringing that back, only €7.49 on Steam at the moment.

(Also, yes. Other M is actually a lot of fun, ignore the fan boy winging.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Does anyone else hate the term "Metroidvania"? It just sounds so painfully uncreative.

DinoRex wrote: »
    That's a great feeling to get from a game, all too rare these days though.

All glory to Dark Souls though for bringing that back, only €7.49 on Steam at the moment.

(Also, yes. Other M is actually a lot of fun, ignore the fan boy winging.)

This is true. I played through a few of the Castlevania DS titles lately which all had the exact same effect on me. I love when you get a new weapon/ability and suddenly it clicks with you that you can now enter that room you saw hours ago on the other side of the entire game. Super Metroid is doing exactly what I wanted it to- It's Castlevania in space.

This is true. I played through a few of the Castlevania DS titles lately which all had the exact same effect on me. I love when you get a new weapon/ability and suddenly it clicks with you that you can now enter that room you saw hours ago on the other side of the entire game. Super Metroid is doing exactly what I wanted it to- It's Castlevania in space.

Well
    Castlevania is Metroid in a drafty old castle!
    Super Metroid did come first.

And I resent the fanboy label.
    Are you really suggesting Other M is better than Metroid Prime 3?
    It was less innovative than the second one but still very good and was one of the few first person titles on the Wii to use motion control perfectly, at least until the Metroid Prime Trilogy was released. Now that is pure perfection, if you can find it at a reasonable price.

I meant the people who outright refused to engage with Other M altogether because they didn't like Samus speaking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The baby.

See there's a new Strider game on the way... unfortunately it's by the crowd who did Silent Hill Homecoming.

It's doesn't look great. It has a boring Shadow Complex esque art style except even more boring and the gameplay doesn't look too hot. They made Strider a bullet sponge to make up for the lack of good game design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was delighted to see the intro but then my hopes were dashed a few seconds later.

I don't understand how companies **** things up I thought market reasearch...or at least having a brain, prevented this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement