Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

newportwex wrote: »
    Funny ye should mention those scumbags hanging out around that chipper....

A short while back I went there for a bag of chips on a sunday evening and there was about 10 of them outside there, 17/18 years olds I would say. Mostly fellas but there were 2 or 3 girls with them.

Anyway I ordered my chips and went back outside to smoke my cigar, as I stood there they started giving me serious guff. So i went over to the biggest one, the ring leader, and knocked him out cold. As the others stood there in shock i couldn't help notice one of the girls giving me the eye, turns out she was the ring leaders girlfriend.

Long story short, we're engaged now, and we still go to that chipper every sunday evening.

That is some trolling if i ever saw it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Best chipper is the Cleaboy, can't beat the chicken fillet burgers, chips or battered sausages! Chicken curry n' chips is excellent too!

Love the gravy with a snack box from K-Recipe tho after a night on the beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I'm not from the Déise, but i've heard that the Golden Fry is the place to go. Scalloped potatoes are the biz apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

nightster1 wrote: »
    I'm not from the Déise, but i've heard that the Golden Fry is the place to go. Scalloped potatoes are the biz apparently!

Its been a few years since i was in the golden fry,its not bad but not the best in town.

On another note,it seems that the Cleaboy is the best take-away in Waterford,well it has the most votes on this thread :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Will we add a poll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cleaboy,Walkers and Dooleys dead heat for chips ;)

ziedth wrote: »
    Will we add a poll?

Yeah sure why not,i was going to when i started the thread but there was too many,but id say its down to about 4 or 5 now..

Johnny Walkers for the fish!

Ballybricken used to do massive scallops, if they still do that's their speciality!!!

kfallon wrote: »
    Johnny Walkers for the fish!

Ballybricken used to do massive scallops, if they still do that's their speciality!!!

Those massive scallops are probably in the Marion now.

I had a chicken curry chip from the Cleaboy last night,simply delicious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

This is honestly one of the best threads I've ever read! :D

Yeaaaaa a poll :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Poll added,

I think if any of our threads deserves a mention in the paper it's this one :)

I'm doing an experiment here. Whatever tops the poll i'm going to go to next week. I have never eaten in the Cleaboy so I'm kinda hoping that wins :)

There is something interesting i just thought of,all the chippers that people say are the best,none of them deliver,it just go's to show that if you make good food for good prices then people will travel to buy it,and a lot of the places on just eat while they are good they don't compare to the best take-aways in town.

I have never eaten in the Cleaboy so I'm kinda hoping that wins :)

Sir, you haven't lived until you've eaten in the Cleaboy!

Actually imagine going to The Cleaboy for the first time, you'd have some order:

Snack Box
    Chicken Curry n' chips
    2 Battered sausages
    Chicken Fillet Burger

Only complaint is they don't do scallops or they don't open on St Stephen's Day :(

early Results are interesting,

Did I leave out an obvious one that 3 people have voted another?

The most popular ones are in the poll,maybe 3 people know something we don't :)

Hillbillies/Abbra Area I didn't add as I didn't think anyone would vote there but I guess maybe Aarons or Dannys might get one or two but I'd say your right. This is science afterall we have accurate :)

Edit: your almost moving into the 1000 post club Richie, I'll ger the Parade ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

kfallon wrote: »
    they don't do scallops

That immediately disqualifies them then, can't call itself a waterford chipper if they don't do scallops!

Italo's maybe

Edit: your almost moving into the 1000 post club Richie, I'll ger the Parade ready.

Yes 1 more post and im in the 1000 club,so after 1000 useless posts i will have to make my 1000 post some what inspiring and inspirational,and continue on in that form,hmmm i wonder what will be so inspirational to say ;)

I like chips.

1000 yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right who are the 2 people that dont have souls :D

I was going past Tony's next to the forum earlier and its closed down,its been a while since i was in there but i thought they done well seen as it was in a good spot,i must say its the first chipper in a long while i seen closed down.

I think ill get fish & chip in Johnny Walkers tonight :)

Battered sausage :D

26414_356453902672_356428257672_4603328_5758836_n.jpg

Fish & Chip :D

26414_356453942672_356428257672_4603330_8070159_n.jpg

26414_356453947672_356428257672_4603331_6568226_n.jpg

The Marian has come running back into the race, Angelo must of seen the thread.

On the Marian!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

anywhere in town that does deep fried mars bars? never tried them.

• Advertisement

Aarons does them, they not bad at all, reminds me of hot fudge

Advertisement