Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Chipper: Cleaboy Hands Down the nicest chipper of all time !

Chips: Cleaboy !

Fish: Johnny Walkers don't really eat fish but if i was it would be outta walkers !

Battered Sausage: Lombard Street... Just unreal !

Burger: Supermacs ,

Chicken: Hillbillies

Pizza: Coney Island....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Chipper: Marian is my favourite... emerald Isle is nice too

Chips: Marian for me

Fish: emerald Isle

Battered Sausage: The Marian

Burger: Marian does a really nice quarter pounder

Chicken: Dinner Box out of the Marian fantastic stuff

Pizza: I like the Mizzonie Pizza i think its called

Ive never eating in Johnnie Walkers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

So the best chipper doesn't have the best chips,fish,sausage,burgers or Chicken :p I give them the best Curry Chip though ;)

If you go through everybody's favourites most peoples choice is different from chips to chippers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

If you go through everybody's favourites most peoples choice is different from chips to chippers :)

Yeah but you'd think they'd have the best something :D maybe it's the staff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭overhand_right

ah lads dooleys aint getting much of a mention here fair enough the burgers are not as good as the cleaboy but the chips, chicken, fish and sausages are unreal boy :D

• Advertisement

:D Actually Dooleys have the nicest chicken nuggets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

What do you guys weigh ffs??????

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Had a Tacco Chip from the Marian on the way home from the Cinema last night and it was so so nice.

Actually Jerry Seinfeld raised an interesting point. The staff does make a strange difference to me, The lads in the Marian seem to be very sound and friendly while I could name a number of places that aren't at all friendly and it would put me right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

[QUOTE=bazual;70260486
    Best Burger: Dixies Buster Burger
    [/QUOTE]

Where's that place?
    So the best chipper doesn't have the best chips,fish,sausage,burgers or Chicken :p I give them the best Curry Chip though ;)

Ha Yeah I suppose I contradicted myself there.
    tankbarry wrote: »

Ive never eating in Johnnie Walkers :(

And you're from Waterford? :eek:
    GTFO lol.

Is Dooley's down by the park as nice as Dooley's in Tramore? Haven't tried the 1 in town yet.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    What do you guys weigh ffs??????

I'm a nice trim 75kg i go to the gym about 4 times during the week,and i enjoy my take-aways on the weekend!!
    Dan133269 wrote: »

Is Dooley's down by the park as nice as Dooley's in Tramore? Haven't tried the 1 in town yet.

Its the exact same, always good food in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Where's that place?

carrikpherish road, at the entrance to mount suir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Where's that place?

I can't believe you don't know where the nicest burger in town is :D. Here is their facebook page. Honestly ya gotta try the buster burger.

B~

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

bazual wrote: »
    I can't believe you don't know where the nicest burger in town is :D. Here is their facebook page. Honestly ya gotta try the buster burger.

B~

they do the best burgers alright.....

chips are good...

Taco sauce is amazing....

and staff are great - Traci is best burger maker in town :)

bazual wrote: »

B~

I must head up there the weekend and try this burger,sounds the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Best chips are the Emerald Isle's imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Cant bate the Marian, Angelo an the lads are sound out in there.. In fairness ya cant go wrong with an Italian chipper

Cant bate the Marian, Angelo an the lads are sound out in there.. In fairness ya cant go wrong with an Italian chipper

Couldn't agree with you more,you cant go wrong with any Italian chipper in the country id say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Chipper: I'd have to go with the Cleaboy

Chips: As above

Fish: Don't eat it!

Battered Sausage: Not mad into them either!

Burger: Might sound boring but an oul Big Mac is tasty, Istanbul nice too but I'd prob go for Supermacs

Chicken: Hillbillies, last time I had a KFC it was alright, Istanbul do deadly chicken burgers

Pizza: Now we're talkin'! I'd be more of a pizza man meself. Most places are tasty, I'd be easily pleased by any of them really- Dominos, Apache, Coney Island, Gino's, Pizza Hut. Haven't tasted Mizzoni's yet. If I had to pick it'd prob be Dominos, they're fairly reliable for a good feed.

Jesus I'm starvin' now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

if we mention the best chippers we might aswell mention the worst... here goes was a little hungry on saturday cleaboy wasnt open at 3 so got a Snack Box out of brennans Lismore Park.. Worst thing ever.. the chicken was the american chicken u buy in tesco's the 1 they always have on offer half price. the chips we cooked about an hour before I went in then put them back in the fryer to heat them up. absolutely terrible.. I would never like to see anybody eat out of there againg absolutely shocking place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Best chips are the Emerald Isle's imo.

Is that the place on the Quay? If so, hasn't it been shut for months now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

iseegirls wrote: »

It not closed, was in there a few weekends back

if we mention the best chippers we might aswell mention the worst... here goes was a little hungry on saturday cleaboy wasnt open at 3 so got a Snack Box out of brennans Lismore Park.. Worst thing ever.. the chicken was the american chicken u buy in tesco's the 1 they always have on offer half price. the chips we cooked about an hour before I went in then put them back in the fryer to heat them up. absolutely terrible.. I would never like to see anybody eat out of there againg absolutely shocking place

Really? i have gotten food out of there a few times and never had any complaints, i could name 1 or 2 places around town that are bad but i wont

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

www.weightwatchers.ie

check it out you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I think I have found worse, Barry. The chipper at the Brasscock on the Dunmore Rd is abysmal. Reheated bought-in frozen chips which taste like cardboard (not exagerating) and sausages that were hot on the outside and luke warm on the inside. I was only in the door 60 seconds and was walking back out with my food. Also there was a group of thugs standing outside who wouldn't let me out of the door and one of them shouldered me on when I did get out - a few verbal spats were exchanged. Overall, a horrible experience!

^ Whats with idiots who hang outside chippers and shops? Never understood it.
    I was in a place in Saturday night and it was terrible food and its a pizza place too

I was never a fan of Brennans so that doesn't surprise me,another place I'd stay away from is the new place on O'Connell street,not nice at all.
    iseegirls wrote: »

No it's still open I was only in there last week,one of the best chippers in the town but in a bad spot.
    www.
    weightwatchers.ie

check it out you guys
    Get off your high horse boy,not everybody who eats take-aways is overweight
    I think I have found worse, Barry. The chipper at the Brasscock on the Dunmore Rd is abysmal. Reheated bought-in frozen chips which taste like cardboard (not exagerating) and sausages that were hot on the outside and luke warm on the inside. I was only in the door 60 seconds and was walking back out with my food. Also there was a group of thugs standing outside who wouldn't let me out of the door and one of them shouldered me on when I did get out - a few verbal spats were exchanged. Overall, a horrible experience!

Yeah I was in there last year,not one bit nice,and they call it a traditional Irish chipper :rolleyes:

Yes the teens have been giving the boot from outside the shop and moved their attentions to the chipper. Even if they had the best chips in the world i dont know how the place is surviving with the current intimidation atmosphere. Have had words with thse guys myself in the past because i wouldnt get them drink. Area also a lot quiter now since the pub closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Funny ye should mention those scumbags hanging out around that chipper....

A short while back I went there for a bag of chips on a sunday evening and there was about 10 of them outside there, 17/18 years olds I would say. Mostly fellas but there were 2 or 3 girls with them.

Anyway I ordered my chips and went back outside to smoke my cigar, as I stood there they started giving me serious guff. So i went over to the biggest one, the ring leader, and knocked him out cold. As the others stood there in shock i couldn't help notice one of the girls giving me the eye, turns out she was the ring leaders girlfriend.

Long story short, we're engaged now, and we still go to that chipper every sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Got chips out of that Walsh's place on Lower Yellow Rd the other night (beside Spar), fairly stink tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

newportwex wrote: »
    Funny ye should mention those scumbags hanging out around that chipper....

A short while back I went there for a bag of chips on a sunday evening and there was about 10 of them outside there, 17/18 years olds I would say. Mostly fellas but there were 2 or 3 girls with them.

Anyway I ordered my chips and went back outside to smoke my cigar, as I stood there they started giving me serious guff. So i went over to the biggest one, the ring leader, and knocked him out cold. As the others stood there in shock i couldn't help notice one of the girls giving me the eye, turns out she was the ring leaders girlfriend.

Long story short, we're engaged now, and we still go to that chipper every sunday evening.

Was Jack Nicholson in that movie?

think i saw it

Advertisement