Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My brother ruined Gomorrah... Kinda..

Spoilering this as i don't want to ruin it for anyone else...

I was chatting with my brother a few weeks ago, and told him i'd just started to watch Gomorrah and how good it was.

He then said
    I can't remember exactly, but he said Ciro doesn't die, and lasts all the way through

I called him some choice words, but he said sure that's why
    he's called imortale. He doesn't die

We've finished Season 1, and it kinda ruined any of the tense scenes where
    Ciro was in danger
    , as i knew nothing was going to happen.

My wife doesn't know, and got a different experience, and really got to enjoy those tense scenes.

We've another 3 seasons to get through, but i already know that
    Ciro will be around for them all
    , so it's a bit of a balls really.

It's still brilliant TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,907 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fox premier dates
    SUNDAY, DEC. 27
    8 pm The Masked Dancer series premiere

SUNDAY, JAN. 3
    8 pm Call Me Kat series premiere
    8:30 pm Last Man Standing final season premiere (get scoop)
    9 pm The Simpsons (special time)
    9:30 pm Bless the Harts (special time)

WEDNESDAY, JAN. 6
    8 pm The Masked Dancer (time slot premiere)

THURSDAY, JAN. 7
    8 pm Hell’s Kitchen Season 19 premiere
    9 pm Call Me Kat (time slot premiere)
    9:30 pm Last Man Standing (time slot premiere)

TUESDAY, JAN. 12
    8 pm The Resident Season 4 premiere
    9 pm Prodigal Son Season 2 premiere

MONDAY, JAN. 18
    8 pm 9-1-1 Season 4 premiere
    9 pm 9-1-1: Lone Star Season 2 premiere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus, B Positive is a definition of a "midseason-burn-it-off" comedy series but since Chuck Lorre is behind it, I'd expect it to thrive!

Disappointed that Thomas Middleditch didn't see that wafer thin script..

Basq wrote: »
    Jesus, B Positive is a definition of a "midseason-burn-it-off" comedy series but sinceChuck Lorre is behind it, I'd expect it to thrive!

Disappointed that Thomas Middleditch didn't see that wafer thin script..

If a Chuck Lorre show hits you are an instant multi millionaire and would probably never have to worry about money ever again.

There are a lot of actors that would jump for a lead gig on his shows without read a script for the money reason.

^ But.. but.. pride..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Enjoying Mystery Road, it's a decent Aussie detective series.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This years John Lewis ad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Mystery of D.B. Cooper - on HBO Max. Only a little familiar with this, probably won't get time to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Mystery of D.B. Cooper - on HBO Max. Only a little familiar with this, probably won't get time to watch.

I'm looking forward to watching this. It will be on BBC4 tomorrow week (Monday 23rd November).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's an utterly fascinating story that couldn't happen in today's era of air travel. Made more intriguing by how (IIRC) Cooper was never found after he parachuted, presumed possibly dead somewhere in the Washington state forests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Enjoying Mystery Road, it's a decent Aussie detective series.

2nd season was okay too, Sofia Helin didn't have much to work with but she is definitely better in her native language (and with better writing tbh)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The new Grey's Anatomy was fairly depressing. Saw the first episode areir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

WarnerMedia has announced that TBS’ Conan will conclude at the end of its 10th season in June 2021, marking the end of O’Brien’s 28-year stint in late-night television. He will continue to host his signature Conan Without Borders travel specials for TBS, and launch a new, weekly variety series for HBO Max.

https://tvline.com/2020/11/17/conan-obrien-tbs-talk-show-ending-hbo-max-variety-series/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A man competing on the TBS game show Wipeout has died.

E! News learned that on Thursday, Nov. 18, the person, whose identity has not yet been disclosed, required medical attention after completing one of the competition's notoriously difficult and physically demanding obstacle courses.

After being treated by onsite medical personnel, the man was transported by paramedics to a nearby hospital, where he later died.

Wipeout premiered in 2008 and ran on ABC through 2014. In April 2020, it was announced that TBS picked up a 20-episode revival of the game show. John Cena and Nicole Byer from Netflix's Nailed It signed on to co-host, while model Camille Costek was announced as a field correspondent.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1211203/wipeout-contestant-is-dead-after-completing-obstacle-course

RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Does anyone know of the sexy woman on the permanent TSB ad?

saving---main-image-for-blog.jpg

She's also on video. link here

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I watched it, skipping through. Just more interested in hearing them and seeing who they are than trying to guess.

I watched the American version as well. As with all these shows "celebrity" is a broad term, though it seems it became popular enough for more recognisable names to appear.

I know they got him from the US version to try and add comedy, but having Ken there is pointless, especially when he acts excited at who is revealed.

I watched a few of the US episodes of The Masked Singer and it has got more good celeb singers as the series goes on but some of the guesses by the "judges" especially Dr. Ken are ridiculous, he is ott for the US show, he knows no one for the UK show :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

mario-lopez-sexy-colonel-sanders.jpg?w=819

What were the writers smoking when they thought of this? It's only a 15 minute movie anyway
    “Some folks take their secrets to the grave, but Colonel Sanders takes his to the deep fryer,” reads promo copy on the KFC Facebook page, while the “movie” poster (below) features the teaser line, “We All Have Our Secrets, His Just Happens to Be… A Recipe for Seduction.”

The official synopsis on Lifetime’s website says, “As the holidays near, an heiress (played by Bosch alum Justene Alpert) contends with the affections of a suitor handpicked by her mother. When the handsome chef arrives with his secret recipe and a dream, he sets in motion a series of events that unravel the mother’s plans.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Raised by Wolves starts tonight on Sky Atlantic @9pm. They are showing three episodes back to back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

7 episodes into Undercover on Netflix.

Really good show. Based in Netherlands so subtitled.

2 undercover agents infiltrate a drug gang.

Well worth a watch

This could be awesome fun.

Nicolas Cage is set to provide an education in expletives as host of the forthcoming Netflix series History of Swear Words

• Advertisement

Brian Baumgartner from the Office made over $1m this year from Cameo videos making him the highest earner on that platform.

He charges $195 a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

New series of Back starring Mitchell and Webb coming in January :)

New series of Back starring Mitchell and Webb coming in January :)
    Saw the repeats on Friday night so was thinking something was coming alright.

Basq wrote: »
    Saw the repeats on Friday night so was thinking something was coming alright.
    Can't wait. When it comes to foot in mouth type cringe comedy Mitchell is up there with Gevais and Coogan.

Apple TV+ could be banned in the EU as the EU requires 30% European made content on the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Apple TV+ could be banned in the EU as the EU requires 30% European made content on the service.

And very unlikely they will in the near future do anything of the kind - pretty much all (if not all) their shows are American centric
    They've had a few good shows -Servant, See - a lot of the other stuff I wouldn't be interested in

At least Netflix does invest heavily in local programming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

How are they defining European made though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

FunLover18 wrote: »
    How are they defining European made though.

The proposal only seems to indicate that it must be produced in Europe using studios, actors etc from Europe

Been in the making for 2 years but sounds like it's soon to be law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,928 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prob more suited to online TV but think Trailer Park Boys are coming back for a real time series (not the animated version) set in jail

It won't be on Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

De Bhál wrote: »
    7 episodes into Undercover on Netflix.

Really good show. Based in Netherlands so subtitled.

2 undercover agents infiltrate a drug gang.

Well worth a watch

Finished it tonight, excellent show 2 x 10 episode seasons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The brilliant Stella Street in on for what appears to be one episode only on BBC Four at 9.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,286 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The brilliant Stella Street in on for what appears to be one episode only on BBC Four at 9.30.

Might be a belated tribute to the late John Sessions.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Heads up to all you TV Addicts who believe they have amazing taste in TV Shows...

Hosting a new game over in the Forum Games forum, all the details are in the first post, but the basic gist is you submit a TV Show via PM for each Category I've set, as do all the other players... I then go and watch the first 3 episodes of each show over the next month or two and rank them all against what everyone else has submitted awarding points along the way to determine an overall winner.

You pick 'em, I judge 'em, winner gets bragging rights...

Lots of fun if any of you want to join in and give the regular Forum Gamers a run for their money...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115663745#post115663745

Charlie Bookers Netflix version of Wipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Heads up to all you TV Addicts who believe they have amazing taste in TV Shows...

Hosting a new game over in the Forum Games forum, all the details are in the first post, but the basic gist is you submit a TV Show via PM for each Category I've set, as do all the other players... I then go and watch the first 3 episodes of each show over the next month or two and rank them all against what everyone else has submitted awarding points along the way to determine an overall winner.

You pick 'em, I judge 'em, winner gets bragging rights...

Lots of fun if any of you want to join in and give the regular Forum Gamers a run for their money...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115663745#post115663745

Deadline for entries on this extended until January 4th if anyone else here wants in on the action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Might be a belated tribute to the late John Sessions.

Whaaaaatt ? When did this happen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,286 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

trashcan wrote: »
    Whaaaaatt ? When did this happen ?

John Sessions passed away early November... heart attack at 67.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

odyssey06 wrote: »
    John Sessions passed away early November... heart attack at 67.

Hadn’t heard that. RIP. Fine comic actor and mimic.

• Advertisement

Charlie Bookers Netflix version of Wipe.

Don't waste your time. It's a load of sh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Don't waste your time. It's a load of sh*t

I disagree that it was that good. :p

Does anyone know when HBOMax might arrive here?

Does anyone know when HBOMax might arrive here?

It is due to roll out worldwide later this year, However Sky have an exclusive deal with HBO for the UK & Ireland that might stop it arriving here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It is due to roll out worldwide later this year, However Sky have an exclusive deal with HBO for the UK & Ireland that might stop it arriving here.

And Sky will probably overcharge us for privilege

Not for all the content surely?

Does the deal give them broadcast rights to everything HBO?

• Advertisement

Not for all the content surely?

Does the deal give them broadcast rights to everything HBO?

Pretty much everything under the Warner tent the deal is signed till 2024.
    Sky has secured its pipeline of HBO content and will work on new shows with the U.S. cable network and its upcoming streaming service under the terms of a new deal announced Wednesday.

The deal had been widely expected and is believed to run for five years. Besides HBO shows, the new agreement also gives Sky content from Warner Bros. and from Turner channels.

Sky also has rights for Showtime.
    Sky also has an output deal with CBS Studios that gives it first dibs on Showtime programming.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-sky-hbo-programming-deal-1203388088/

Pretty much everything under the Warner tent the deal is signed till 2024.

Sky also has rights for Showtime.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/game-of-thrones-sky-hbo-programming-deal-1203388088/

Well that is all those shows out of the picture for a few years.

Just reading that HBO Max International will have advertising on it to go with what will be around the €15 price mark.

By the end of 2021 there could be 7 major players in the International steaming market to go along with another half dozen more platforms that deal with niche markets.

Netflix
    Prime
    Disney+ & Star
    Peacock
    Paramount+
    HBOMax
    AppleTV+

Filming has stopped on all the below series due to a surge Covid infections and deaths in Los Angeles.

Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)
    Stations 19 (ABC)
    American Housewife (ABC)
    Black-ish (ABC)
    Mixed-ish (ABC)
    Rebel (ABC)
    This Is Us (NBC)
    9-1-1 (Fox)
    9-1-1: Lone Star (Fox)
    Last Man Standing (Fox)
    American Crime Story: Impeachment (FX)
    American Horror Story (FX)
    Mayans M.C. (FX)
    Big Shot (Disney+)
    The Orville (Hulu)
    Love, Victor (Hulu)

UNIVERSAL TELEVISION:

Mr. Mayor (NBC) (Jan. 11)
    Kenan (NBC) (Jan. 11)
    Good Girls (NBC) (Jan. 11)
    Never Have I Ever (Netflix) (Jan. 11)
    Hacks (HBO Max) (Jan. 11)
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Jan. 18)

WARNER BROS. TELEVISION:

All American (The CW), Bob ❤️ Abishola (CBS), B Positive (CBS), Call Me Kat (Fox), Mom (CBS), Shameless (Showtime), You (Netflix), all scheduled to return from holiday break on Jan. 4, now preparing to resume production week of Jan. 11.

WBTV’s Lucifer and Young Sheldon were previously scheduled to resume production Jan. 11; All Rise was previously scheduled to start on Jan. 22

TELEPICTURES:

The Ellen DeGeneres Show returning Monday, Jan. 11 (originally scheduled to return Jan. 4).

CBS STUDIOS:

Five series (listed below) scheduled to return Jan. 4, now slated to resume production Jan. 11

NCIS (CBS)
    NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS)
    Seal Team (CBS)
    Why Women Kill (CBS All Access)
    Diary of a Future President (Disney+)

https://deadline.com/2021/01/tv-shows-that-have-delayed-production-due-to-surge-in-covid-19-infections-deaths-1234663862/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Just reading that HBO Max International will have advertising on it to go with what will be around the €15 price mark.

By the end of 2021 there could be 7 major players in the International steaming market to go along with another half dozen more platforms that deal with niche markets.

Netflix
    Prime
    Disney+ & Star
    Peacock
    Paramount+
    HBOMax
    AppleTV+

It would never be a runner, but it's a pity there's not something like a online vending machine, where you throw in credit and watch what you want e.g. HBO, rather than multiple options and their stock/catalogue. I assume most people only go for 1-2 streaming subscriptions, if they're also on a music package.

• Advertisement
Advertisement