Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looks like Quibi has been a total financial disaster less than 6 months after its launch it is up for sale.

Hardly surprising - these 7-10 minute episodes all released at once made absolutely no sense.
    Some of them were OK to watch tho

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think they were released daily, at least for some.
    Like I was saying before, I get the idea, it just launched at the wrong time.
    The whole idea behind it was people can fit in short episodes on the commute to work, but it launched just after everyone stopped commuting to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

fritzelly wrote: »
    Some of them were OK to watch tho
    The Stranger was very good.. but would have served it's purpose as a 100 minute film I'd say.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was too niche, in an already too crowded market, overestimating a format the audience weren't apparently looking for. Plain as day many consume TV and film on their smart phones but Quibi suggests / proves nobody wanted bite sized chunks or nibbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm watching the US version of The Weakest Link at the moment. Jane Lynch does a good Anne Robinson impersonation. Very dry and witty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,426 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I stumbled across this great bright and cheerful show and I think it deserves to total re-watch now the nights are closing in, in these pandemic days.

gettyimages-93776876.jpg

"The facts were these..."
    Pushing Daisies was great. Bryan Fuller in his quirky show days such as this, Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.

Hannibal wasn't as quirky

Newman has a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,586 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has been 45 years to the day since the first episode of Saturday Night Live aired, how many stars got their start on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Newman has a message.
    Newman was a great character, but when people think of a TV mailman it is Cliff Claven.

I really wish they would do an ad with him spouting his useless (and often inaccurate) trivia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Sky History doing a fantastic job trailing their new woodwork show, with an apparent Neo Nazi as their poster boy. Sky History, Lee Mack and Nazi all worth a browse on Twitter. Plenty of Partridge memes.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CBS has cut the order of some it's series to 16/18 episodes down from 22 and is talks with the markers of the the order shows.

BLUE BLOODS (16)

BULL (16)

MAGNUM PI (16)

THE NEIGHBORHOOD (18)

NCIS (16)

NCIS: LA (18)

NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (16)

SEAL TEAM (16)

https://deadline.com/2020/10/cbs-cuts-episode-orders-ncis-blue-bloods-the-neighborhood-bull-covid-impact-2020-21-season-1234603767/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CBS has cut the order of some it's series to 16/18 episodes down from 22 and is talks with the markers of the the order shows.

BLUE BLOODS (16)

BULL (16)

MAGNUM PI (16)

THE NEIGHBORHOOD (18)

NCIS (16)

NCIS: LA (18)

NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (16)

SEAL TEAM (16)

https://deadline.com/2020/10/cbs-cuts-episode-orders-ncis-blue-bloods-the-neighborhood-bull-covid-impact-2020-21-season-1234603767/

At least they were not cut completely in half, 16 to 18 episodes is still manageable. I wonder if mid season episodes will be designed as season finales just in case they have to shut down production

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Recently finished Peter Falk's autobiography and really enjoyed it. Not much ego about it, fun stories about his life and Hollywood. He was a bit of a rascal - got arrested a few times.

And yes, it's called Just One More Thing.

Sky History doing a fantastic job trailing their new woodwork show, with an apparent Neo Nazi as their poster boy. Sky History, Lee Mack and Nazi all worth a browse on Twitter. Plenty of Partridge memes.

Sky have canceled the show now.

The tattoo of 88 on his face which he told Sky was because his father died in 1988 and nothing to do with him being a Nazi.

The Daily Mail tracked down his father who said "I'm here aren't I? Alive and kicking, so i'm not dead yet!" when asked if he died in 1988. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm sitting here watching Saturday Night Live, I just don't get it

Maybe it's only funny on Saturdays? Expires at midnight :)

US Network TV series kick back off tonight with the return of The Good Doctor then stop for the election and then really kicks in next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My brother ruined Gomorrah... Kinda..

Spoilering this as i don't want to ruin it for anyone else...

I was chatting with my brother a few weeks ago, and told him i'd just started to watch Gomorrah and how good it was.

He then said
    I can't remember exactly, but he said Ciro doesn't die, and lasts all the way through

I called him some choice words, but he said sure that's why
    he's called imortale. He doesn't die

We've finished Season 1, and it kinda ruined any of the tense scenes where
    Ciro was in danger
    , as i knew nothing was going to happen.

My wife doesn't know, and got a different experience, and really got to enjoy those tense scenes.

We've another 3 seasons to get through, but i already know that
    Ciro will be around for them all
    , so it's a bit of a balls really.

It's still brilliant TV.

Fox premier dates
    SUNDAY, DEC. 27
    8 pm The Masked Dancer series premiere

SUNDAY, JAN. 3
    8 pm Call Me Kat series premiere
    8:30 pm Last Man Standing final season premiere (get scoop)
    9 pm The Simpsons (special time)
    9:30 pm Bless the Harts (special time)

WEDNESDAY, JAN. 6
    8 pm The Masked Dancer (time slot premiere)

THURSDAY, JAN. 7
    8 pm Hell’s Kitchen Season 19 premiere
    9 pm Call Me Kat (time slot premiere)
    9:30 pm Last Man Standing (time slot premiere)

TUESDAY, JAN. 12
    8 pm The Resident Season 4 premiere
    9 pm Prodigal Son Season 2 premiere

MONDAY, JAN. 18
    8 pm 9-1-1 Season 4 premiere
    9 pm 9-1-1: Lone Star Season 2 premiere

Jesus, B Positive is a definition of a "midseason-burn-it-off" comedy series but since Chuck Lorre is behind it, I'd expect it to thrive!

Disappointed that Thomas Middleditch didn't see that wafer thin script..

Basq wrote: »
    Jesus, B Positive is a definition of a "midseason-burn-it-off" comedy series but sinceChuck Lorre is behind it, I'd expect it to thrive!

Disappointed that Thomas Middleditch didn't see that wafer thin script..

If a Chuck Lorre show hits you are an instant multi millionaire and would probably never have to worry about money ever again.

There are a lot of actors that would jump for a lead gig on his shows without read a script for the money reason.

^ But.. but.. pride..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Enjoying Mystery Road, it's a decent Aussie detective series.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This years John Lewis ad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Mystery of D.B. Cooper - on HBO Max. Only a little familiar with this, probably won't get time to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Mystery of D.B. Cooper - on HBO Max. Only a little familiar with this, probably won't get time to watch.

I'm looking forward to watching this. It will be on BBC4 tomorrow week (Monday 23rd November).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's an utterly fascinating story that couldn't happen in today's era of air travel. Made more intriguing by how (IIRC) Cooper was never found after he parachuted, presumed possibly dead somewhere in the Washington state forests.

Advertisement