Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Showtime series with Brendan Gleeson as Trump and Jeff Daniels as James Comey will air after the US election.
    Brendan looks the part anyways..

104218874-3487444964623258-6294304003392996857-n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85,262 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Basq wrote: »
    Brendan looks the part anyways..

104218874-3487444964623258-6294304003392996857-n.jpg

Michael Collins, Martin Cahill, Winston Churchill and now Donald Trump, Brendan Gleeson is a chameleon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's the Irish Michael Sheen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

fall-tv-grid-2020-r2.jpg?w=1200&h=1634

Held for Midseason
    • ABC: $100,000 Pyramid, American Idol, The Bachelor, black-ish, CALL YOUR MOTHER, Card Sharks, For Life and mixed-ish
    • CBS: CLARICE, S.W.A.T. and Undercover Boss
    • FOX: 9-1-1, 9-1-1: Lone Star, Beat Shazam, CALL ME KAT, Duncanville, THE GREAT NORTH, Hell’s Kitchen, HOUSEBROKEN, Last Man Standing, Prodigal Son, The Resident and any returning shows not yet renewed (e.g. LEGO Masters)
    • NBC: Ellen’s Game of Games, Good Girls, KENAN, MR. MAYOR, SMALL FORTUNE, THAT’S MY JAM, TRUE STORY, YOUNG ROCK, Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
    • THE CW (Early 2021): All American, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Charmed, The Flash, Legacies, Nancy Drew, Riverdale, SUPERMAN & LOIS, WALKER… (Spring 2021) DC’s Legends of Tomorrow; Dynasty, In the Dark, KUNG FU, THE REPUBLIC OF SARAH, Roswell New Mexico, Supergirl and any returning shows not yet renewed (e.g. Katy Keene)

https://tvline.com/2020/06/18/fall-tv-schedule-2020-nbc-network-cbs-primetime-abc-shows/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

What do you guys think is the best show on Netflix at the moment? My favorite things are Elite, The Rain, and Black Mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He's the Irish Michael Sheen

No, Michael Sheen is the British Brendan Gleeson.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Sleepy Hollow situation...it was all kinda confusing about what happened to Nicole Beharie.

Now we know the details and they're difficult. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/movies/nicole-beharie-miss-juneteenth-sleepy-hollow.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The Sleepy Hollow situation...it was all kinda confusing about what happened to Nicole Beharie.

Now we know the details and they're difficult. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/movies/nicole-beharie-miss-juneteenth-sleepy-hollow.html

Wtf? That's awful. This is the first I'm hearing of that; I did drop the show after season ... 3 I think, Beharie was still there mind. Had heard something about her abrupt departure. Was this a known secret she has only just confirmed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It seemed abrupt alright and at the time I wasn't sure if it was on her own terms, or more so the studios doing.

I had no idea she was sick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jaysus, very depressing stuff. TV production seems a bit Draconian at the best of times but by all accounts Beharie sounds dreadfully treated.

On a lighter note it has reminded that Sleepy Hollow was a thing. Good show for precisely one season but Fox had no idea how to keep the energy going. Really fell of a cliff quality wise from season 2 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder do some British/Irish soap actors actually get sick of been referred to who they play than there real selves

Phil Mitchell is Steve Mcfadden
    Ian Bealen is Adam Woodyatt
    Pat Butcher is Pam St Clement

• Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ken Barlow is Ken Barlow to me not Bill Roache.

I even call his son (Linus Roache a very good actor in himself) the son of Ken Barlow when I can't think of his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,874 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How the feck was Curly from Cornation Street past a sex symbol lol?

Variety doing a lot of these at the moment.

Sasha Baron Cohen on what may be for an episode of the second season of Who Is America?

Trolling a 3%'er rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was recently reading about this Irish emigrant from Portadown in the 19th century, Robert Boyle. Thought I was looking at Rufus Sewell for a moment.

EblbWytXgAA3djR.jpg

rufus-sewell-hat.jpg?quality=100&strip=all&w=380

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dust off your VCRs!

Dempsey and Makepeace is back on ITV4 13th July 2020

Groovy Rhodes piano and bass slapping action.

• Advertisement

Is Miracle Workers with Daniel Radcliffe worth watching, just seen a trailer for a season set in ancient times, looked fun, I see Steve Buscemi is also in the cast

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Miracle Workers with Daniel Radcliffe worth watching, just seen a trailer for a season set in ancient times, looked fun, I see Steve Buscemi is also in the cast

It is an odd show, parts of the first series were entertaining and then it seemed to run out of steam for me.

The second series apparently has the same premise but set in the dark ages with the same cast. I haven't seen that yet, I will give it a look when it comes on Sky Comedy next week

Dust off your VCRs!

Are they still together off screen?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are they still together off screen?

They are still married.

cast-member-glynis-barber-and-michael-brandon-attend-the-press-night-picture-id927725220?s=612x612

A good video that makes for a sad, if kinda true summation of SyFy as a channel: functionally moribund at this stage really, upstaged by other Networks creating better (and better budgeted) SciFi - but also SyFy's own decisions both historic and current (going by its current stable of shows). The Expanse did feel like a particularly boneheaded move. Truly SyFy had a "cancel culture" long before the term itself appeared :)

Dust off your VCRs!

Excellent- thanks Harry Palmr- they've shown The Sweeney, The Professionals, Kojak, Columbo etc to death at this stage so good to get a new old one

Dempsey and Makepeace was a favourite as a teen.

BTW all- vote regularly and often on the FINAL of the most KICKASS TV Cop/Detective show- Columbo and Bodie in the final (along with some other dude :P)- if there are fans of 70's shows here, do vote for your fav- if not, then ignore link below :D

Voting over in less than 24 hours so get voting :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113978684

Sapphire and Steel is being re-shown on Forces TV at 11 PM-12 PM Monday to Friday. The first series is on at the moment but now they have the rights it'll be repeated pretty quickly. Never saw it at the time.

When it came out first, I couldn't get my head around the fact that the Invisible Man was appearing in this "English" show :P

I remember it, but didn't warm to it at the time- no idea if I have that particular channel either.

LOL! "A special bus route will open in Dublin today despite reports that it may cause traffic congestion as a result"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well it would result in demons behind the wheels of the cars caught in the congestion

Advertisement