Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Back Better

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    how can masks be effective when there are no regulations on them and people put them on any way they want

The virus travels on droplets, wearing a mask curbs that spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dohnjoe wrote: »

why have cases gone up then since the introduction of mask wearing in most countries around Europe?

why have cases gone up then since the introduction of mask wearing in most countries around Europe?

Lockdown measures were reduced and people relaxed. Which is why we've had to go into second lockdowns.

Lockdown measures were reduced and people relaxed. Which is why we've had to go into second lockdowns.

Or the numbers went up when we entered flu season.. like they do every year..

Probably won't be 600 people waiting on trollies this year..

Or the numbers went up when we entered flu season.. like they do every year..

It's not really related to flu season. It's related mainly to lockdown measures. Reducing contact between people reduces the spread but has an economic hit, so it's a balancing act.

• Advertisement

if you observe the majority of people wearing face coverings, they touch them constantly and their face & eyes more
    Add this to touching items, you have a lot more contact situations than prior to mask wearing

People are not sanitising as they go particularly every couple of mins when they unknowingly touch their mask & face

this video is related to something else but shows what I mean

if you observe the majority of people wearing face coverings, they touch them constantly and their face & eyes more
    Add this to touching items, you have a lot more contact situations than prior to mask wearing

Okay, don't notice this at all. We know masks work better than no masks, they reduce the spread of aerosols/droplets, which is why there are no e.g. ICU wards without masks.

Is there a conspiracy with any of this? or is it your subjective opinion on masks vs the consensus of medical professionals and experts

Is there a conspiracy with any of this? or is it your subjective opinion on masks vs the consensus of medical professionals and experts

My opinion on masks has many levels, but I know what I see

with regards to the consensus of medical professionals and experts the opinion is split, I have heard an argument for/against the wearing of masks from both parties

My opinion on masks has many levels, but I know what I see

That's fine, but it's still just an opinion.

In the beginning there was debate over the effectiveness of masks with this virus, but now that debate is largely over.

but now that debate is largely over.

No it’s not, it’s being discussed on many many forums and platforms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,406 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No it’s not, it’s being discussed on many many CONSPIRACY forums and platforms

Fixed that for you.

No it’s not, it’s being discussed on many many forums and platforms

Every country has individually made wearing masks either a guideline or a rule during the outbreak. There are none that I know of where masks have been ruled out, so there's no debate on their global implementation. It's universal consensus.

I mean if people want to discuss masks, that's fine, people discuss everything as you can see from this forum, doesn't automatically mean there's a point.

Every country has individually made wearing masks either a guideline or a rule during the outbreak. There are none that I know of where masks have been ruled out, so there's no debate on their global implementation. It's universal consensus.

I mean if people want to discuss masks, that's fine, people discuss everything as you can see from this forum, doesn't automatically mean there's a point.

just because every country has made mask wearing a guideline/rule doesnt mean both sides aren't discussing the pros & cons of it, and that includes medical professionals

just because every country has made mask wearing a guideline/rule doesnt mean both sides aren't discussing the pros & cons of it, and that includes medical professionals

It means that they've all come to that conclusion, i.e. consensus is universal on the issue. Just because discussion exists doesn't necessarily mean an issue is 50/50 or anything close to that. Even if that debate includes professionals/experts (e.g. there are medical professionals, doctors and physicians who believe that vaccines don't work). The consensus is key.

I'm not sure what the conspiracy angle to this is, do you think masks are just a ploy for something? do you think that every national health body has it wrong for a reason or?

If you want to get a majority uptake on the vaccine, you make life as difficult as possible for the general population
    Wearing a mask is just one of those measures, along with social distancing, no pubs, limited visiting relatives, anything to make people feel a vaccine is going to be that silver bullet to get back to normality
    Wear a mask outside in a public street but no need when you are in a cafe/restaurant or in a credit union or bank
    Its no different on how a parent tells a child that they can go out to play again once they eat all their veg and do their homework
    Whoever controls the majority of the money in the world controls the way its run
    I'm not one for conspiracies, but I do think there are too many coincidences

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If you want to get a majority uptake on the vaccine, you make life as difficult as possible for the general population
    Wearing a mask is just one of those measures, along with social distancing, no pubs, limited visiting relatives, anything to make people feel a vaccine is going to be that silver bullet to get back to normality
    Wear a mask outside in a public street but no need when you are in a cafe/restaurant or in a credit union or bank
    Its no different on how a parent tells a child that they can go out to play again once they eat all their veg and do their homework
    Whoever controls the majority of the money in the world controls the way its run
    I'm not one for conspiracies, but I do think there are too many coincidences

that's honestly hilarious.

You've just denied the fact there's a world wide pandemic happening

sydthebeat wrote: »
    that's honestly hilarious.

You've just denied the fact there's a world wide pandemic happening

declared by the same organisation that is being controlled by the big money

Humans in their majority are gullible
    It’s like being a Spurs fan right now, they will put up with mourinho style hard on the eye football to win a few games, but there will be a minority who don’t accept it, the smart ones
    That’s not the Spurs I knew growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And you know the pandemic is fake because you read stuff off the internet?
    And anyone who doesn't believe what you say is just gullible...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

It’s like being a Spurs fan right now, they will put up with mourinho style hard on the eye football to win a few games, but there will be a minority who don’t accept it, the smart ones

:confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

King Mob wrote: »

My opinion is that it’s overhyped and blown out of all context to accelerate an agenda

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

some much more than others clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It’s like tag team in here with new accounts :D

Can anyone who believes in this whole conspiracy thing please answer if they are 100% happy with the way the world was before COVID?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

My opinion is that it’s overhyped and blown out of all context to accelerate an agenda
    And this is based on stuff you read and swallowed without question from conspiracy cranks.

How are they overhyping it exactly?

Do you believe that the virus itself is faked?

What agenda and how did they get all governments and scientific organisations invovled.

You conspiracy guys keep saying such vague things and never seem to be able to make a solid statement...

What agenda, by who?

Is, for example, the Irish government "in" on this or how does it work?

Because it wasn't known how effective masks really were at the beginning of this pandemic. Now we have a much better idea.

We've had pandemics before, but one of this scale and this type of unprecedented in modern times, there isn't some magic playbook, it's a learning process. The more data we get, the more we know what works and what doesn't work.

Anyway, if there's some conspiracy here, what's the conspiracy explanation?
    That's fine, but it's still just an opinion.

In the beginning there was debate over the effectiveness of masks with this virus, but now that debate is largely over.

Do you change your mask numerous times a day after touching it ?

Why is there no regulation over/about face coverings/masks ?
    Why can Susan down the street make a few up for her friends , and they can "curb the spread " when worn ?

And where do you get your beliefs and figures off the internet ? :confused:

And the second sentence, the irony !!! :D:D:D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭blackbox

If I was conspiring to control the people, I'd make it illegal to wear masks.

That way, my facial recognition cameras would be better able to keep track of them.

And this is based on stuff you read and swallowed without question from conspiracy cranks.

How are they overhyping it exactly?

Do you believe that the virus itself is faked?

What agenda and how did they get all governments and scientific organisations invovled.

You conspiracy guys keep saying such vague things and never seem to be able to make a solid statement...

I’ve already answered your questions

If you don’t think big pharma and people in high power control the system then you’re entitled to your opinion

I choose to believe otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

What agenda, by who?

Is, for example, the Irish government "in" on this or how does it work?
    It did appear that there was an economic crash that would make '08 look tame on the way anyway before anyone ever heard of covid.
    It is a very valid theory that this is an engineered economic depression, there was one coming anyway.
    Read what Lord Mervyn King, former Governor of the Bank of England (hardly a 'conspiracy theorist') had to say in October 2019. His talk of 'suspension of some of the rules' and 'talks behind closed doors' speaks for itself. He's calling for a whole new way of thinking as the post 2008 recovery was basically a temporary patch up job. I see no reason why this isn't 'The Great Reset' or a 'new way of thinking' that King mentions?
    The Irish Government has no say in the matter of global affairs of this magnitude.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/20/world-sleepwalking-to-another-financial-crisis-says-mervyn-king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’ve already answered your questions

If you don’t think big pharma and people in high power control the system then you’re entitled to your opinion

I choose to believe otherwise

Have you ever thought of running for election so that you can infiltrate the circle of power, and produce the evidence that is lacking that the vast majority of people need to believe conspiracies like this, as it is nor forthcoming in these threads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement