Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Wrestling Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That's an interesting one. Good presentation but in ring I've always found iffy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah I'm not a huge fan tbh, much better womens wrestlers at Impact but I guess they wanted someone new. It's also so pretty interesting to note how like Josh, she's doing much better than her former tag partner since they left Impact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poor Chelsea broke her wrist again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,301 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if she came back too soon. I'm sure there was a feud planned with Mickie in the next few weeks.

As happy as I am that the Good Brothers lost the titles, they'll likely still be on TV a lot with GOD and BC.

Josh signed a multi year deal going by what he said. Curious if it was the best he could get.

Macklin is just being a loner and not joining Honor No More? Going by the fact he attacked Eddie first.

I'm looking forward to seeing Zicky Dice going to "Swinger's Dungeon" next week :D

And there's the expected heel turn.

Impact having an event next Friday called Multiverse of Matches.

(copied from wrestlinginc)

Ultimate X for the Impact X Division Title

Vincent vs. Chris Bey vs. Rich Swann vs. Willie Mack vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Trey Miguel (c)

Champ Champ Challenge

Deonna Purrazzo defends her ROH Women’s World Title or her AAA Reina de Reinas Title

The Bullet Club vs. Impact

Jay White vs. Chris Sabin

NJPW vs. Pro Wrestling NOAH

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Eddie Edwards

ROH vs. Impact (Non-Title)

ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. The Good Brothers

Impact World Champion Moose and PCO vs. Josh Alexander and Jonah

Alex Shelley vs. Mike Bailey

Moose speared Alexander's Wife at a Destiny Wrestling show....show me a better heel right now! Awesome build up to Rebellion.

At least the Briscoes lost through interference.

And we have Taya back. I didn't know Deonna's opponent but I don't watch AAA.

Looked like something went wrong during that Ultimate X match going by the way everyone was acting at the end.

Once again the poor production is clear. Whether it was entrance music or talking on the microphone. And when they cut to the back thru would miss the first few seconds of audio.

Surprised Sabin won.

Rebellion card for tomorrow

Preshow - Trey Miguel (c) vs. Ace Austin vs. Mike Bailey Three-way match for the Impact X Division Championship

Preshow - The Influence (Madison Rayne and Tenille Dashwood) (c) vs. The IInspiration (Cassie Lee and Jessie McKay) Tag team match for the Impact Knockouts World Tag Team Championship

Moose (c) vs. Josh Alexander Singles match for the Impact World Championship

Jonathan Gresham vs. Eddie Edwards Singles match

Jonah vs. Tomohiro Ishii Singles match

Tasha Steelz (c) vs. Rosemary Singles match for the Impact Knockouts World Championship

Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie Singles match for the AAA Reina de Reinas Championship

Chris Sabin vs. Jay White vs. Steve Maclin Three-way match

Violent By Design (Eric Young, Deaner, and/or Joe Doering) (c) vs. Seven teams TBA Eight-Team Elimination Challenge for the Impact World Tag Team Championship

X-Division title match shouldn't be on a pre-show, especially not just to get more 'outsiders' on the show, or a 8 team tag match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Agreed! Mike Bailey has to take this, he's so so good and has been a highlight of many shows lately. His BOLA performances in particular were a sight to behold.

I thought the Edwards/Gresham match was for the title but looks like that's not the case.

This is one of their big PPVs that has been advertised for a while, though they had those other events. Yet the only match that been really built for more than a couple weeks is the Moose/Alexander match. And that got more promotion and video packages than Roman/Brock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Gresham was "not medically cleared" so Chris Bey replaced him. Some speculation that Tony Khan pulled him. The Influence v The IInspiration was as clunky as their matches always are but then they're not really relying on their in ring ability.

Was reading he possibly suffered a concussion at AEW tapings.

Resulted in the X Division title match being moved to the main show where it should've been.

Apart from the X Division title match which I wasn't sure about, I don't think there were any real surprises with the winners.

It was a good show. I don't follow TNA all that closely week to week but I often end up watching the PPVs when they're on Saturdays. The X division match was great.

Impact had another Special Live Event or whatever they're called last night. Under Siege.

Few things of note (will spoiler in case this is the first people heard of the event and want to check it out.

Mia Yim returned. So guess that rules out AEW for now.

Briscoes are new Impact tag champions.

Sami Callihan returned.

On a side note, I don't like Tasha's finisher, especially on someone like Havok.

There's a little bit too much forbidden door going on on Impact for my taste, at the moment, but otherwise I'm really enjoying the show at the moment. It seems more consistent in terms of both stories and wrestling than the other shows nowadays

I think they use it well though. Like they've a small roster yet somehow they don't seem to have the same matches over and over again. They do lose people but then they also bring in people either part time or full time to change things up. And if I was to look at their matches I'm sure I would see a lot of repeats but it just doesn't always feel that way for some reason.

Slammiversary this Sunday

Preshow

Rich Swann (c) vs. Brian Myers Singles match for the Impact Digital Media Championship

Participants TBA Reverse Battle Royal

Main show

Josh Alexander (c) vs. Eric Young Singles match for the Impact World Championship

Ace Austin (c) vs. Kenny King vs. Mike Bailey vs. Trey Miguel vs. Jack Evans vs. Alex Zayne Ultimate X match for the Impact X Division Championship

Tasha Steelz (c) vs. Chelsea Green vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Mia Yim Queen of the Mountain match for the Impact Knockouts World Championship (Mickie James is serving as the special guest enforcer)

The Briscoes (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) (c) vs. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson) Tag team match for the Impact World Tag Team Championship

Impact Originals (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Frankie Kazarian, Nick Aldis, and TBA) vs. Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, PCO, and Vincent) 10-man tag team match

Sami Callihan vs. Moose Monster's Ball match

The Influence (Madison Rayne and Tenille Dashwood) (c) vs. Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie Tag team match for the Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championship

• Advertisement

That's a very nice card, looking forward to this.

I wonder who the final impact original will be? I hope it's going to be someone we haven't seen for a long time and not like Chris Harris or Storm

Storm could be very likely with the number of returns he's had.

Was wondering why Morrissey isn't on the card but just looking and seems he's finished with Impact and his last match was the tag a couple weeks ago.

It's a pity he didnt stay with Impact, it surely would have been better for him than getting jobbed out in AEW like that

Loads of appearances from former TNA guys with the Impact originals match being the main one for appearances.

The fifth man was Davey Richards, so as was pointed out, they had representatives from Impact, AEW, NWA and MLW. Then Christy Hemme announcing, Traci Brooks (Mrs. Kaz) in the front row along with Earl Jenner. Brian was reffing. I thought they were going to have Dixie as the 5th member so when her music hit I thought I was right, but she just introduced Davey.

Storm did make an appearance, but after the tag match along with Chris Harris. Unfortunately the Good Brothers are champs again.

Videos from Sting, Angle and AJ. Was surprised to see AJ do one but he thanked WWE for letting him do it. When he said that, I was reminded of videos from kidnap victims in films/TV. "They're treating me well. They said I can go home soon". Maybe I should rewatch it and see if he was tapping out morse code asking for help.

Not sure who will face Josh now. Probably Sami or Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is great to that WWE allowed AJ Styles be apart of Slammiversary in some capacity.

He was Mr. TNA during the glory days of TNA. The moment he left is when a lot of people tuned out of the product.

I'd say TNA is less of a nuisance or any kind of threat to WWE since AEW came along so they probably don't mind a bit of cooperation.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't have considered Davey Richards a Impact original.

I was expecting The Fallen Angel since Frankie was already on the team.

One of the commentators said it could be anyone from the 20 year history, clearly to cover themselves. Magnus wasn't an original either. Though he did have a longer run than Davey.

Raven returns to Impact Wrestling on Friday for The Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match at Against All Odds.

Joe Doering going for surgery on brain cancer :/

They wrote him out this week. Just said about how he has to travel his own path before he walked off.

Tommy Dreamer appeared in a backstage brawl breakup and was wondering is this his first tv appearance since the Dark Side of the Ring controversy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Well Bobby didn't go running straight back to HHH he has stopped off at Impact

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To be fair he’s so old he prob got lost on the way there.

With how he shaved the facial hair, I was trying to think who he reminded me of and I could just think of the Chuckle Brothers.

Allie Katch to fight Masha on Impact in a Monster's Ball match next week.

So last time Juice was on Impact, I think he was feuding with Good Brothers. Now they're gone and he's a Bullet Club member.

Can't really blame Macklin for the table not breaking. I've said before they don't have a lot of room to work with outside the ring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nope. Even for the 5 seconds he wasn't injured, he was the least popular member of UE.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not even in the slightest. WWE needs to stay away from auld lads like him.

Bound For Glory card:

• Pre-show: Brian Myers Open Challenge for Digital Media Championship
    • Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Eddie Edwards
    • Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace defends against Masha Slamovich
    • Knockouts Tag Team Champions VXT defend against Taya Valkyrie & Jessicka
    • Tag Team Champions The OGK defend against Motor City Machine Guns
    • X-Division Champion Mike Bailey defends against Frankie Kazarian
    • Mickie James vs. Mia Yim
    • Call Your Shot gauntlet

Also Raven is the latest induction to the Impact Hall of Fame.

I'd be happy with pretty much any results except Eddie Edwards winning.

• Advertisement

Also this could be Mickie's final match if she loses

The OGK are reportedly finished now with Impact.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeah, they retained. Unless they lose them at the next tapings.

Wasn't impressed with the Call Your Shot winner. That's going back down the road that caused them trouble before. Only thing that could make that result worse is if he teamed with Good Brothers, who win back the tag titles.

No offence to the Knockouts but it did seem like they were only there to take part in spots, though I guess that's the same for a lot of Rumble participants. Can't even remember Gisele doing anything.

CM Punk chants started when Bobby came out.

Dango challenged Brian Myers. He reminds me so much of The Deep from The Boys.

I'll be happy to see the back of the roh stuff, pco was the only decent one so glad to see he's staying

Im pleased with the winner of the Gauntlet, I think Josh needs someone like that for his next feud, and it's nice to have more uncertainty as to the outcome

Another Throwback Throwdown planned for this year, hope it's as good as last year's

This is the only time I will ever say it but I wish the Good Brothers were in Impact right now

Not sure if it's just his look, his time with Dark Order or his appearances on BTE/Sammy's Vlog, but Alan Angels does not fit into The Design, as I think they're called now. And then the smile doesn't look anyway menacing, if that's what he's going for.

And they just throw a random unannounced ~60 min match on to the weekly show between Mike Bailey and Josh Alexander.

The full amazing 60 minutes uncut between Josh & Speedball

Hmm, this week's episode had the Impact flashback to Hogan coming out and talking. Not sure why they chose that clip. Usually when they have a clip with someone no longer with the company, it's facing a current guy, usually with the current guy winning. Hope they're not bringing Hogan back. Maybe just a one off?

• Advertisement

Bully Ray beat down of his ex father in law incoming.

Advertisement