Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Maria's less than genuine claims became public knowledge last May here we are at the start of the new Dail term and it's still making the papers. Didn't someone say it would all be forgotten by the Summer recess? lol. Although he has been quiet of late isn't that so?

That was me.

I claimed that the news cycle would have moved on come September. Brexit would be back on the agenda and the only people continuing to bang on about Deputy Bailey would be the cranks in here.

I was pretty bang on the money. Very little in the media since "Silly Season" ended.

The pintman called it right. Once again. Fair dues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That was me.

I claimed that the news cycle would have moved on come September. Brexit would be back on the agenda and the only people continuing to bang on about Deputy Bailey would be the cranks in here.

I was pretty bang on the money. Very little in the media since "Silly Season" ended.

I reckon your team will get in next election. With FG playing second fiddle I suppose you'll be out of work? Unless you get a job with FG pretending to be a FF supporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

salmocab wrote: »
    Everyone is aware that they are basically the same, except their members and voters
    They understand it's one or the other no matter how much you jump up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

That was me.

Today's Examiner contradicts your claim.

And that's the Pintman back in his box for another stretch, expect umpteenth "nothing to see here folks" lament down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭jmreire

That was me.

Paddy,,, wait and see what the voter's think when they are voting...because there is not a motorist or business person who has not been royally screwed by the insurer's... and the insurers are laying the blame on the high cost of ,claims from the likes of Bailey and Farrell, to name just two...,so no, it will not evaporate, and I'm pretty sure that the pot will simmer away on the back boiler until election time, and then it will bubble up again...strong as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

is_that_so wrote: »
    They understand it's one or the other no matter how much you jump up and down.

I wouldn’t go that far, its one or the other but the jumping up and down will decide by what size their coalition partners are. The current one is a mess of inept FG leaders and some of the worst independents that money can buy. Ross and Zapone leading the charge of people given jobs they can’t do and even with these fools on board they can’t get a majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

jmreire wrote: »
    Paddy,,, wait and see what the voter's think when they are voting...because there is not a motorist or business person who has not been royally screwed by the insurer's... and the insurers are laying the blame on the high cost of ,claims from the likes of Bailey and Farrell, to name just two...,so no, it will not evaporate, and I'm pretty sure that the pot will simmer away on the back boiler until election time, and then it will bubble up again...strong as ever.

Your wasting your time he’s talking about himself in third person, he’s taken a slurp from Trumps cup there with the self Congratulations that haven’t been earned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

astrofool wrote: »
    Sooo, FF back in business? I'm not sure if SwingGate will have as much an effect as those n here think it will (esp. if she's deselected), I'd imagine there might be more anger around the cost of the Children's hospital and Broadband. They could completely reverse it by bringing in legislation to reduce insurance payouts.

They could but they won’t....all we will hear about now is Brexit to try and deflect all attention away from the mess......

Even Waterford whispers still taking the pee out of them
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2019/02/04/government-confirm-intention-to-use-brexit-as-excuse-for-everything/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I don’t agree the the prime culprit is disgusting get thieves like Maria Bailey. Why are these ridiculous claims being paid out ? Its the judges that are most to Blame in my opinion and probably politicians most for not capping payments etc , if the legal profession are taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

No one reads that backwater parochial rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You made a claim, basically you were shown to be a liar. Best to accept and move on. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Examiner2.jpg

Deary me, what have you done Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Maria is the new dead cat that Noonan likened Irish Water to.

She needs to be dragged off the pitch.

Meeeeow.

Yes but don’t stray offside on the pitch

Maria Bailey knows offside in GAA ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Terrible from Simon but Leo should have overuled him. Weak as a kitten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Coveney was the only one coming out of this looking good but now he made a pigs ear out of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

What’s this about her now being liable for significant legal and medical bills? She ran a 10k 4 years ago after falling off the swing, what is Leo going on about? Did she not have health insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

SillyCorruptAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

If fg won’t support workers as they claim too. I’ll happily vote for the other disgrace that is ff, to remove varadkAr that disgrace as Taoiseach will be enough for me ...

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    If fg won’t support workers as they claim too. I’ll happily vote for the other disgrace that is ff, to remove varadkAr that disgrace as Taoiseach will be enough for me ...
    Until you manage to label Martin an utter or thundering disgrace! :)

Until you manage to label Martin an utter or thundering disgrace! :)

Yeah but mm hasn’t lied about so much. Spoken so much and delivered so little. All varadkar cares about is varadkar and the limelight !

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Coveney was the only one coming out of this looking good but now he made a pigs ear out of that
    He was never involved in it in any way. Article claims Varadkar wanted to kick her out but that's no redemption for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭jmreire

Its not the reader's of " Parochial Rag's" ( your word's Paddy,,, ) that you need to concern yourself with Paddy.....it's all the People who read their renewal quotes each year for their insurance...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Yeah but mm hasn’t lied about so much. Spoken so much and delivered so little. All varadkar cares about is varadkar and the limelight !
    :D:D:D:D:D Do look up his tenure as MoH!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/martin-spent-eur30m-on-health-reports-1.1164662

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Leo certainly won't be sneering at anyone elses record in health either.

Leo certainly won't be sneering at anyone else's record in health either.
    For me only one MoH has ever really stood out and that's Harney but her time was not wholly successful either. It's called Angola for a reason - it's still a potential political career destroyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That is a load of nonsense. I have a strong dislike of Bailey but that article is just putting people against people, arguing for reduced claims when claims haven't gone up only insurance company profits have.

What we need is a single public insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For me only one MoH has ever really stood out and that's Harney but her time was not wholly successful either. It's called Angola for a reason - it's still a potential political career destroyer.

Harney the Minister responsible who created the HSE and a double layer of management and bureaucracy as well as outsourcing smear tests to the US. Lots of women with cancer now would strongly disagree that Harney "stood out" :rolleyes: Her decisions as Minister for Health have literally cost people their lives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

GarIT wrote: »
    T

What we need is a single public insurer.

And a government that won't tolerate scammers within their parliamentary party.

ABFG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement