Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-01-2019, 13:42   #76
Pissartist
Registered User
 
Pissartist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 348
Worst thing i ever saw in a urinal, was a turd.
Granted this was back in school in the 90's but i still cant believe someone stood back to front and dumped in a urinal.
Madness
Pissartist is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 13:44   #77
Ush1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pissartist View Post
Worst thing i ever saw in a urinal, was a turd.
Granted this was back in school in the 90's but i still cant believe someone stood back to front and dumped in a urinal.
Madness
Username checks out.
Ush1 is offline  
11-01-2019, 14:25   #78
Greentopia
Registered User
 
Greentopia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuaranach View Post
Are there any countries where males do not behave like this in toilets? A society of men with toilet manners and toilet etiquette?
Germany and Sweden, from my experience. My fiancee is German and I go there frequently, and my experience is all toilets (ladies and unisex) are kept clean and well maintained. Even the ones on Autobahn service stations. Many are self flushing so that helps.
Germans are socialised from a very young age to be responsible and considerate towards others, to have self respect, and with cleanliness and order a high priority. This is what's lacking in Ireland. Of course not everyone but a sizeable minority. Same causes of the litter problems here. It's embarrassing to bring my other half here to Irish pubs and public conveniences sometimes when I see the state of the toilets.

I was at a large party in a disused factory in the middle of no-where in Thuringia (former East) over Christmas and they had two portaloos outside the venue. At the end of the night they were as clean as at the start. No piss, excrement or vomit anywhere. Also no-one falling around drunk or starting fights, but that's another matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Lewin View Post
No man can aim a willy accurately down the loo (as far as I can tell, having cleaned many)
My one can. See above reply-German. He pees sitting down like many German men for that very reason. It's great. Never once had to clean up after him when we lived together. They come ready trained
Greentopia is offline  
(4) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 14:35   #79
gerrybbadd
Registered User
 
gerrybbadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentopia View Post
Germany and Sweden, from my experience. My fiancee is German and I go there frequently, and my experience is all toilets (ladies and unisex) are kept clean and well maintained. Even the ones on Autobahn service stations. Many are self flushing so that helps.
Germans are socialised from a very young age to be responsible and considerate towards others, to have self respect, and with cleanliness and order a high priority. This is what's lacking in Ireland. Of course not everyone but a sizeable minority. Same causes of the litter problems here. It's embarrassing to bring my other half here to Irish pubs and public conveniences sometimes when I see the state of the toilets.

I was at a large party in a disused factory in the middle of no-where in Thuringia (former East) over Christmas and they had two portaloos outside the venue. At the end of the night they were as clean as at the start. No piss, excrement or vomit anywhere. Also no-one falling around drunk or starting fights, but that's another matter...



My one can. See above reply-German. He pees sitting down like many German men for that very reason. It's great. Never once had to clean up after him when we lived together. They come ready trained
gerrybbadd is online now  
(3) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 14:50   #80
freshpopcorn
Moderator
 
freshpopcorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 16,591
When I was at college I cleaned toilets and hotel rooms for a while. i generally preferred cleaning mens one's mainly because all you ever really had to deal with was a bit of piss wipe it and clean down the area.
The women's toilets used be covered in make up and they took forever to clean and sometimes people used out sanitary sanitary pads down the toilet.
freshpopcorn is online now  
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 14:58   #81
Greentopia
Registered User
 
Greentopia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrybbadd View Post
Yeah took me a while to get my head around it, but it makes sense from a hygiene point of view. They also have toilets with shelves in the bowl so that poop can stay on it if it needs to be um, inspected for health reasons and to stop water splash back. The Lad has one in his apartment. Mostly older design toilets, I don't think the newer ones have them.
Greentopia is offline  
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 15:11   #82
JohnnyFlash
Registered User
 
JohnnyFlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,458
I wonder does Aongus Von Bismarck take a piss sitting down if that’s the case?
JohnnyFlash is online now  
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 15:15   #83
MaryBrosnan
Banned
 
MaryBrosnan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
I wonder does Aongus Von Bismarck take a piss sitting down if that’s the case?
Maybe AVB has a shewee.
MaryBrosnan is offline  
Thanks from:
11-01-2019, 15:17   #84
Boom_Bap
Landfill
 
Boom_Bap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,994
Rumour has it that AVB has a toilet seat installed at his desk instead of your standard office chair so that there is minimal disruption to his productivity.
He has also to sit pantless all day but who doesn't want to do that?
Boom_Bap is offline  
Advertisement
11-01-2019, 15:22   #85
feargale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosstin View Post
You're taking the piss.
We don't give a ****.
Without that kind of thinking the problem wouldn't exist.
feargale is offline  
11-01-2019, 15:23   #86
ChikiChiki
Registered User
 
ChikiChiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,987
Lads, we all know how disastrous that first pee of the day can be straight outta bed half asleep especially with the morning horn.

You'd nearly need a toilet bowl as big as the grand canyon to ensure no spillage.
ChikiChiki is online now  
11-01-2019, 15:39   #87
Deebles McBeebles
Registered User
 
Deebles McBeebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikiChiki View Post
Lads, we all know how disastrous that first pee of the day can be straight outta bed half asleep especially with the morning horn.

You'd nearly need a toilet bowl as big as the grand canyon to ensure no spillage.
Half of it ends up in the shower sometimes
Deebles McBeebles is offline  
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2019, 15:55   #88
irishgrover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,839
I've not been in a women’s toilet since I used to clean them in pubs 20+ years ago.
However I do work manage a big team (50+ people). Part of that unfortunately involves dealing with things I have no ****ing interest in whatsoever and would be far happier not to know about. One such item is that state of the toilet facilities where I work (big modern building, with big modern facilities)
All of any toilet related problems I've had the misfortune to be indirectly exposed to (through complaints coming up the management chain) relate to lack of hygiene in the women’s facilities. Primary problems include
1. General uncleanliness, make up "stuff" discarded around the sinks
2. Inappropriate disposal of feminine sanitary products on the floor or in the toilet.
3. Unwillingness to use toilet brushes.
3. Defecating on the floor, close to, but not, in the toilet (more than once - a phantom ****ter)
4. An innocent user of the facilities stepping into and then slipping (with new white runners) into a problem left unnoticed by the phantom ****ter...

The only problem I have been aware of with the men’s facilities was a partially blocked urinal which quickly filled up when in use, thereby frightening the users that they would need to stop mid flow or make a bit of a mess.

Mine is not a scientific study and maybe there are less issues with the men’s facilities reported because men have lower standards, but the point is, men don't have a monopoly on a lack of basic toilet hygiene.
irishgrover is offline  
11-01-2019, 16:12   #89
Floppybits
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha Better Baby View Post
Women's toilets are as bad as that? Don't think I've ever been in one.
Yep they are as bad. I worked in a bar and at the end of the night you would be sent in to collect any glasses in there and check that no one has fallen asleep. Sometimes you would need to wear waders in there was that much water/p1ss on the floor. Other times you would find a surprise crap on the floor of the cubicle.
Floppybits is offline  
11-01-2019, 16:13   #90
w/s/p/c/
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 314
A few years ago, I went to use the toilet in work for my afternoon pony. Stepped into the cubicle to notice some dirt bird had left a turd on the ground. (I ended up using the disabled toilets instead!)

Emailed HR to let them know that someone had left a mess on the floor and I was hoping that it was dog s*it and it needed to be cleaned up. Some people have no shame. Email went around and people had a laugh.

This was in a company in the IFSC also, where so called "professionals" spend 8 or more hours a day working and using the facilities. Would hate to see their houses.
w/s/p/c/ is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet