Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-01-2019, 15:52   #31
Gravelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
I am one of those women, well near enough. I would bet my house he'd be repulsed by me and that's ok. I'm secure enough to know my worth isn't determined by whether or not some random person would shag me. We all have our own personal preferences don't we?
I'm married to a woman not too far off it too, and I'd imagine she wouldn't give two f**ks what some (probably mediocre) French author thinks of her. If only everyone was like that, we wouldn't have all the secondary offense we have today.
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 15:52   #32
suicide_circus

it's a lot to do with genetics. some people in their 50s look great while some in their 20s are wrote-off. but then the amazing looking 50 plusers look "amazing" because they look young.
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 15:52   #33
riffmongous

Another snowflakes getting offended by snowflakes thread? Where would after hours be without them eh
08-01-2019, 15:52   #34
Candie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravelly View Post
I've a feeling that if his new found fame helps him get the leg over a couple of 20-somethings, he won't give a ****e if the rest of the world hates him.
It's not worth hating him over, he feels how he feels.

I think his mistake was saying love instead of attraction, I wouldn't call any group impossible to love - but there are plenty of things I find unattractive and in common with him, people in their fifties don't do it for me either. Possibly because I'm 32
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 15:52   #35
Chips Lovell
Waging war on tan sidewalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Pete View Post
If a famous woman in her 50's said the same they'd be celebrated for expressing their sexual desires and anyone that criticized the comments would be told that they were just intimidated by strong women.
You've really got a chip on your shoulder about women, if you think that's what would happen.
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 15:54   #36
Dakota Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Meh, it's his personal taste, don't see why it's worthy of a debate. He prefers women in their 20's, fair enough.
Really, why did he run to a women’s magazine with his opinion then? To get a reaction or looking for attention more like.
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 15:55   #37
HarveyHunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
it's a lot to do with genetics. some people in their 50s look great while some in their 20s are wrote-off. but then the amazing looking 50 plusers look "amazing" because they look young.
Genetics is a cop out in a lot of cases. A lot of people in their 30's/40's/50's don't do enough exercise and eat too much crap food.
08-01-2019, 15:55   #38
eviltwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Dan View Post
Really, why did he run to a women’s magazine with his opinion then? To get a reaction or looking for attention more like.
New book coming out?
Thanks from:
08-01-2019, 15:55   #39
Gravelly

Quote:
Did he run to the magazine, or did they run to him?

Women's magazines seem to love telling women what to hate about themselves.
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 15:56   #40
Church on Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
obviously most men prefer younger women but this guy got some serious reaction against him for stating his preference. what do you think?

justified? or just older women threatened that they are sexually irrelevant?

A popular French author and television presenter has caused outrage after claiming he was “incapable” of loving a woman aged over 50.

Yann Moix, 50, told a glossy magazine: “Come on now, let’s not exaggerate! That’s not possible … too, too old.”

In the interview with Marie-Claire magazine’s French edition, Moix, the author of several prize-winning novels, added that women in their 50s were “invisible” to him.

“I prefer younger women’s bodies, that’s all. End of. The body of a 25-year-old woman is extraordinary. The body of a woman of 50 is not extraordinary at all,” he said.

Moix has won several literary prizes including the prestigious Prix Goncourt for a first novel and the Prix François Mauriac from the Académie Française for his 1996 debut work Jubilations Vers le Ciel, has directed three films and is the host of a popular TV talkshow.

His comments caused outrage on social media.

The journalist and writer Colombe Schneck, aged 52, published a photo of a backside on her Instagram account. “Voila, the buttocks of a woman aged 52…what an imbecile you are, you don’t know what you’re missing, you and your tiny, paunchy brain.”

Feminist author Mona Chollet said Moix was a “sad sire”, while Laura Hulley, from the political section of the British Embassy in Paris, tweeted: “Happy new year, sexists everywhere!”

Former first lady Valerie Trierweiler tweeted here about Moix in the context of the fourth anniversary of the terrorist attack on satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

French MP Olivia Gregoire, a spokeswoman for Macron’s La République en Marche (LREM) party, tweeted: “Very classy Yann Moix. Very very classy. But like stupidity and vulgarity have no age, it’s reassuring in his case as I doubt many women want (these qualities).”
Interesting.

As regards women in their mid twenties having bodies you might describe as 'extraordinary', from my experience this really entirely depends. Many women in their 40s plus are incredibly beautiful.

As for the 'woke' journalist. Wow. talk about letting the side down. This is why I can't abide 'woke' women like this; permanently outraged.
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 16:04   #41
Dakota Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravelly View Post
Did he run to the magazine, or did they run to him?

Women's magazines seem to love telling women what to hate about themselves.
They probably put an ad in a national paper, moderately well known man in his 50’s wanted to give his opinion on women over 50. Somehow I doubt it.
Thanks from:
08-01-2019, 16:04   #42
Nixonbot
AROOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron de Charlus View Post
You've really got a chip on your shoulder about women, if you think that's what would happen.
(2) thanks from:
08-01-2019, 16:04   #43
Sunflower 27

I'm 46 and his comments don't bother me. I look after myself, feel young, never had children (personal choice) and am often mistaken for much younger. I'd say my body is in great shape and certainly don't feel invisible.

As a 25 yo would I be attracted to a 50-year-old man? Never.

We clearly weren't meant to be 😂
08-01-2019, 16:10   #44
wakka12

Dont see how it's sexist really. Majority of women arent conventionally attractive by that age, but neither are the men, so the annoying thing is he is no more attractive that the women hes putting down, he'll never get a 25 year old woman so its pretty irrelevant

Anyway there are some women who look great in their 50's if they keep themselves really well, and equally there are many millions of obese 25 year olds in the world

Last edited by wakka12; 08-01-2019 at 16:14.
08-01-2019, 16:12   #45
Gravelly

Quote:
They probably put an ad in a national paper, moderately well known man in his 50’s wanted to give his opinion on women over 50. Somehow I doubt it.
Or, they could have approached him for an interview. Magazines do that I believe. Sounds a little more plausible than him phoning them up and saying "hey, I want to insult oul wans, you are a women's magazine, how bout it?"
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion