Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Have you nothing better to be doing than creeping on twitter pages like a ghoul.

Helen McEntee has proven to be one of the most capable representatives in this country. He work on brexit and ensuring irelands position is firm and clear has been complimented throughout the EU. The fact that she became a TD after her father's tragic passing is a very cheap shot and says an awful lot about you. And the rest of the cranks here.

Do you know Twitter posts are public? Helen is in Fine Gael, that makes her complicit with the actions and in-actions of the 'law and order' :):) party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Have you nothing better to be doing than creeping on twitter pages like a ghoul.

Helen McEntee has proven to be one of the most capable representatives in this country. He work on brexit and ensuring irelands position is firm and clear has been complimented throughout the EU. The fact that she became a TD after her father's tragic passing is a very cheap shot and says an awful lot about you. And the rest of the cranks here.

As mentioned, her twitter account is public... So....
    Helen McEntee is another politician who has no experience in anything in life but thought she would put herself up for election. Ende saying that didn't help.
    The beginnings of another Dáil Dynasty.

I didn't say anything that was worth you getting your underwear knotted about, but then again, nor have I witnessed any of the amazing work that she is doing. We'll see who fills her position and if they are any more capable when this shower are booted out. No more concert pictures etc.
    Saying that she is one of the most capable representatives in this country, in the current environment isn't much of a compliment.
    Never have I had such distain for an entire party, but then again I don't remember an almost entire party ever being this incompetent.
    We should really thank Maria Bailey for getting the ball rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I don't know about anyone else but I think the Pintman and his buddies are FF provocateurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’m not on twitter but is the whole idea not to make your opinions public? Now someone is complaining that people are looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Oh Paddy, just because people don’t sing off the same hymn sheet, we are cranks???

Get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mike_cork

I think the only "ghoul" or "crank" here Paddy is you. If you have to resort to ad hominem attacks, its generally a sure sign you've lost the arguement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Clear the building the irony detector is about to explode!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Personal insults has no place on any forums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Above message up since Friday Paddy, & as I write neither of your aliases have thanked you so far - I wonder why.

Could it be because they are fed up flogging a dead horse?
    Or because they are ashamed and embarrassed by the language you used above?

Even your message was below your previous standards, if I may say so.

Above message up since Friday Paddy, & as I write neither of your aliases have thanked you so far - I wonder why.

Could it be because they are fed up flogging a dead horse?
    Or because they are ashamed and embarrassed by the language you used above?

Even your message was below your previous standards, if I may say so.

Presumably because they're currently on an imaginary trip to China/North Pole/Mars and are too busy to post on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Phoenix magazine has an article on what has been going on behind the scenes in this mess. I'll give a quick summary-

-A couple of weeks back a 'senior source' within FG leaked that the party may run four candidates in Dun Laoighire. Four candidates for two seats doesnt make electoral sense so the speculation is that Maria Bailey is for the chop. The 'senior source' was Paschal o'Donohue, director of elections. This then prompted Richard Bruton to come out and ask for mercy for Maria. Speculation is he did so to cosy up to Simon Coveney, probably because Tricky Dicky wants to get his hands on Paschals job and Coveney can facilitate that.

-Maria Bailey backed Simon Coveney in the leadership contest vs. Varadkar. Coveneys camp feels that if Leo returns with less seats than Michael Martin in the next general election then Leo is toast and in will swoop the merchant prince from Cork. Problem for Coveney is he needs every vote from the parliamentary party, hence he has been supporting Bailey in private. Coveney carried Maria Baileys fathers coffin at the funeral and made a speech about him from the alter.

-The local FG party members in DL feel that Bailey being on the ticket means they cannot retain two seats. Word is that if Leo does not act then they will. TDs and party members in other Dublin constituencies feel that Bailey on the ticket means they cannot win a second seat in any constituency, such is her toxicity. There is a latent anger and if she runs then candidates canvassing in other constituencies are going to be taking flak from voters over her.

Sounds like she is a gonner. Not because she engaged in insurance fraud though, that is fine and dandy within Fine Gael. Shes a gonner because its politically expedient to do so, its the old story of a lack of morals, backbone and putting the party before the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Fine Gael really are pathetic. Rotten to the ****ing core.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Phoenix magazine has an article on what has been going on behind the scenes in this mess. I'll give a quick summary-

-A couple of weeks back a 'senior source' within FG leaked that the party may run four candidates in Dun Laoighire. Four candidates for two seats doesnt make electoral sense so the speculation is that Maria Bailey is for the chop. The 'senior source' was Paschal o'Donohue, director of elections. This then prompted Richard Bruton to come out and ask for mercy for Maria. Speculation is he did so to cosy up to Simon Coveney, probably because Tricky Dicky wants to get his hands on Paschals job and Coveney can facilitate that.

-Maria Bailey backed Simon Coveney in the leadership contest vs. Varadkar. Coveneys camp feels that if Leo returns with less seats than Michael Martin in the next general election then Leo is toast and in will swoop the merchant prince from Cork. Problem for Coveney is he needs every vote from the parliamentary party, hence he has been supporting Bailey in private. Coveney carried Maria Baileys fathers coffin at the funeral and made a speech about him from the alter.

-The local FG party members in DL feel that Bailey being on the ticket means they cannot retain two seats. Word is that if Leo does not act then they will. TDs and party members in other Dublin constituencies feel that Bailey on the ticket means they cannot win a second seat in any constituency, such is her toxicity. There is a latent anger and if she runs then candidates canvassing in other constituencies are going to be taking flak from voters over her.

Sounds like she is a gonner. Not because she engaged in insurance fraud though, that is fine and dandy within Fine Gael. Shes a gonner because its politically expedient to do so, its the old story of a lack of morals, backbone and putting the party before the country.

Interesting one. Explains Bruton's bizarre show of support.

Fine Gael really do seem be rudderless now. I thought Leo would be good but he has Enda's affliction of not being able to take tough decisions.

Interesting one. Explains Bruton's bizarre show of support.

Fine Gael really do seem be rudderless now. I thought Leo would be good but he has Enda's affliction of not being able to take tough decisions.

Enda was a clown raised beyond his abilities, Leo is a vacuous individual obsessed by a sense of his own importance, this is depressing anything I say can be applied to every serving clown we have. Voting is a waste of time as we have such a piss poor pool to choose from .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bingo Muh, excellent summarisation, insurance fraud is ok with FG if they are dependent on numbers for the party.

It certainly puts a new light on the horse sh1t campaign leo embarked on about welfare cheats cheating us all.

Insurance cheats do likewise Leo including those who enable or encourage it, and you have a few in your midst, right up there in ministerial roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Sooo, FF back in business? I'm not sure if SwingGate will have as much an effect as those n here think it will (esp. if she's deselected), I'd imagine there might be more anger around the cost of the Children's hospital and Broadband. They could completely reverse it by bringing in legislation to reduce insurance payouts.

a 'former' FGer getting some comeuppance...
    A county councillor faces a significant legal bill arising out of his failed High Court bid to halt an ethics inquiry into comments he made while being secretly filmed by RTÉ's Primetime Programme.

At the High Court on Tuesday Mr Justice Garrett Sims ruled that Monaghan County Councillor Hugh McElvaney should pay the legal costs of proceedings the politician brought against the Standards in Public Office Commission.

Hugh will have to show them the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,835 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is this the 10 grand would be a start guy?
    Who said he was just playing along....

What a scumbag.....he got in again anyway!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/fine-gael-risk-election-chances-if-bailey-issue-not-put-to-bed-950492.html

Senior party sources have admitted the party fears the Swing-gate controversy will decimate its support in the key battleground and some are calling for Ms Bailey to stand down for the good of the party.

With Mr Barrett retiring, the party is resigned to losing one seat, but the Bailey controversy could really hurt its chances of retaining power nationally.

“Dun Laoghaire is one constituency we cannot afford to lose two seats, it simply cannot happen. That simply is the reality,” said one senior party source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'd say it's a dead cert that it will hurt power retention chances, no matter what the lovely Maria does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Maria is the new dead cat that Noonan likened Irish Water to.

She needs to be dragged off the pitch.

Meeeeow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

With Mr Barrett retiring, the party is resigned to losing one seat, but the Bailey controversy could really hurt its chances of retaining power nationally.

"Dun Laoghaire is one constituency we cannot afford to lose two seats, it simply cannot happen. That simply is the reality,”

Here is funny thought: If you had kicked the 2 or 3 insurance scammers out of the party the moment their fraudulent behaviour became public knowledge, you actually might have won a few votes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Fine Gael is putting way too much focus on Dun Laoghaire.

The fraudulent insurance claims from Farrell and Bailey aided and abetted by Madigan will affect votes in each and every constituency in GE 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s beyond Maria stepping aside at this stage. The inaction of the party on the whole issue is now the issue. Bailey standing aside would be too little too late.

Excuse my ignorance but what has Farrell and Madigan done?

Maria's less than genuine claims became public knowledge last May here we are at the start of the new Dail term and it's still making the papers. Didn't someone say it would all be forgotten by the Summer recess? lol. Although he has been quiet of late isn't that so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Excuse my ignorance but what has Farrell and Madigan done?

For Farell

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057890004

Madigan gave initial legal advice to Bailey

The rest of her involvement is unknown thanks to the internal report not being released

Many have a big suspicion Madigan is more involved than Fg are letting on

I don't know how they can keep a straight face.
    Year on year record breaking crises and we're sold 'stability'.

If Maria is an example of FG stability, well.... :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Anyone rushing to vote for FF...
    https://www.thejournal.ie/varadkar-election-micheal-martin-4807249-Sep2019/

FF & FG are one and the same, vote for one self serving party, get the other thrown in for free.

Everyone is aware that they are basically the same, except their members and voters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement