Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Punchestown festival 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Jaysus haha Patrick Mullins was very easy on Sir Gerhard there

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

everyone who watched the race at cheltemham knew who to be on

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Milanative wrote: »
    everyone who watched the race at cheltemham knew who to be on

Except Paddy who is desperate for winners to win his title,

Its like O Brien on the flat they are lauded as genius's but cant decipher which animal is better on the gallops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Absolute farce the start of that race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Telegram knew

stretch ya ****in beaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Nice win for Grangee - looks a good horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You broke my heart at Cheltenham but we go again on Entoucas 5/1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Day 3:

3:40 - Chance is taken on Misty Millie e/w currently at around 12/1 who finished fourth in a handicap hurdle here two years ago. Was second at Kilbeggan on good ground last week ahead of Back On The Bridle who also goes here.

4:15 - The consistent Entoucas has been knocking on the door, and after a cracking effort when second in the Grand Annual, hopefully he can go one better here.

5:25 - I've gone with Heaven Help Us e/w after her Cheltenham heroics. From listening to interviews with Paul Hennessy, he seems to think that the further the better for her. Might be a step too far tomorrow, but willing to take a chance on her to continue her fine form at around 14/1.

6:00 - Floueur's third in the Martin Pipe, with Galopin Des Champs giving that a boost today, looks a great piece of form so hoping he may be able to hit the frame off top weight at around 11/1.

7:05 - Came down on the side of Gauloise here. She overcame the Cheltenham disappointment to run very well behind Skyace at Fairyhouse in similar conditions to what she will experience today, so hoping she may have come on from that.

7:35 - Doesn't seem to be much between Glen Wylin and Grand Jury taking their form over Fameaftertheglory, so chance is taken on the former at 12/1 ew.

Was on Entoucas at Cheltenham too but Unexpected Beat him by 8L and is only 3lbs worse off. At 8s think he's a cracking ew price

In the 6.00 I've gone for Young Ted 33/1 ew.
    2nd 2 years ago and runs off the same mark today. Would have needed the run over C&D lto and is a C&D winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Really sweet on Ronald Pump today, step up to 3m will suit him and he's coming in fresh while a lot of his rivals have had hard seasons.

Also fancy Unexcepted and Raya Time so have dutched them both. Forged in Fire looks a big price in the bumper also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Voix du reve @16s for me today. Very classy animal when with Mullins and ran a cracker last time back over fences. Beaten only 3 lengths trying to concede 22lbs to the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭deeks

Telegram knew

stretch ya ****in beaut

If ye're not going to put the tip in here hows about keeping the mutual back slapping to telegram as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

deeks wrote: »
    If ye're not going to put the tip in here hows about keeping the mutual back slapping to telegram as well

Yeah, what a strange fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I think if the like of whatsapp were banned ("A friend in whatsapp told me this is a sure thing!") betting companies would lose a third of their revenue.

3.40 Charcor 12/1 5 places
    4.15 Sully D’Oc AA 13/2 4 places
    4.50 Classic Concorde 66/1 4 places
    5.25 Ronald Pump 7/1 4 places
    6.00 Minx Tiara 201/ 5 places
    6.35 Janidil 6/1
    7.05 Global Equity 14/1 2 places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Yeah, the style of posting is so welcoming here...

clevtrev wrote: »
    I think most of the regulars here moved to a telegram forum for Cheltenham and didn't come back after it finished. This forum has been dead for the last month not worth checking anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

i wouldn't like to be accused of aftertiming

got yourself a few thanks there fella.

better than a winner that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Flooring porter at 5/2 looks a gift. Couldn't have won any better at chelt. Only danger is Ronald pump but I expect flooring porter to win this easy.

He has done nothing wrong whatsoever so 5/2 looks very big to beat this lot again. Bet of the festival for me.

4.15 Punchestown

Like a couple ew here in this.

Paloma Blue usually runs on softer, but ran a good race at this sort of trip when coming 2nd over 2m 1f in February of last year. Last win was in August on soft over 2m at Wexford. 2 chase runs since, and they were poor - one at Gowran over 2m 4f, and the most recent at Fairyhouse in November over today's trip on softer, which was in November. Has had a comeback spin on the flat at Dundalk, and while his overall form is uninspiring, he may have more to offer.

Kildorrery for T M Walsh has a very low weight here. Is a course and distance winner from way back in 2018 on good to firm. That was only a beginners' race, so no great shakes. He went off fav in a decent handicap in May 2019; which was over C & D on good, and but for unseating the rider 3 out, he may well have went close. Has ran a couple of poor races on his 2 hurdles' tilts here. Both were on softer; with one over 2, and the other over 2m 4f. Been running mainly on soft/heavy type going in the past cupla years, but I find it interesting that his most recent run was over 2m 5f 126yds on good at Tramore less than two weeks ago. So overall, nothing substantial to go on; but I'm thinking/hoping that this one could be a Walsh plot.

Two hopeful ones here at decent prices. Not expecting much, but not ruling out great things either.

Paloma Blue 22/1 ew .Kildorrery 25/1 ew. 5 places 1/5. I see Kildorrery has been nibbled at - was 33s earlier.

6.00 Baptism Of Fire 28/1 ew 1/5 6 plcs

Lighty raced. Good price. Won over 1/2 mile shorter at the course in October. Was only beaten 10 lengths or so over today's trip at F'hse lto, but Rachael wasn't on top that day.

5.25 Ronald Pump 6/1 win
    One who should like the trip and ground. Will do me here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Few great tips on telegram lads!!
    Place is on fire lately.
    Mighty!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

all over porter also, price seems pretty decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Place is on fire lately.
    Mighty!!!

Childish and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Place is on fire lately.
    Mighty!!!

How can I join ?please

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Place is on fire lately.
    Mighty!!!

I've been having some ****er yelling, "DOT DOT DASH DASH!" in my ear for days, and I was wondering which he was running in, but I guess it's this telegram thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Like the look of scalor seems to best suited by good ground same goes for charcor and with the owners sponsoring the race they'll surely have him tuned up. Playing both and a few bob on the rfc. 12s and 14s

Something seems to have clicked with jungle junction and he looks a horse on the up. Jessie had a couple of winners yesterday fancy this one could be thereabouts too. Top moon has formlines tied in with entoucas so have to play the prices. Same again playing both and a reverse fc. 13/2 and 18s

Nothing for the cross country.

Have seen nothing to tell me that flooring porter isnt head and shoulders the best stayer around this year 5/2 looks the bet of the week imo. Agrapart gallops for fun could pick up a few pieces at the end @100/1 I'll throw a few bob ew getting 4 places

Ben Dundee looks to be thrown in on old form. Had a pipe opener, goes well on the ground I'm happy to take my chance at 16s.

No bet

Ditching global equity and bigbadandbeautiful here both should be fresher than the market principles with some decent bits of form on the ground. Small rfc too 7s and 14s

Small bet on meet and greet at the prices. 25/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

GO ON THE FLOORING PORTER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Very weak in the market though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Cromwells horses running awful so far at Punchestown. Can understand the drift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Be amazed if fav loses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Charcor, like a few others in the race to be fair, potentially thrown in in the first. First two hurdle runs has him well ahead of the handicapper and he showed some nice form on the flat.

Advertisement