Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, not sure I'd say that about the micronics developed ghosts'n goblins

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I'm happy enough to make my collection a little more complete.

I think, of the major releases, I am only missing the MD version

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will never be complete until you have the supergrafx ghouls n'ghosts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck, I can only play that via emulator...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My main Amiga 600 keyboard has been acting up. It's a common thing with them that you need to replace the keyboard membrane.

Decided to try out one of these new hard membrane replacements. Its very thin PCB material with some flex, but it's a lot harder than the old membrane and should last the lifetime of the machine. Will swap her in tonight and see how it goes. Paid about €40 inc vat on sordan.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

They work great , fitted one to my 600 a while back

I just swapped it out there(as well as the access LEDs). It really works well, and am i imagining it or is it a bit more responsive when typing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Looks great Steve, might have to invest. Been trying to get in touch with Sordan for weeks to ask about their CD32 cap kits maybe being restocked, no reply by various channels tho!

I'll ask him, he might reply to a previous email chain i had with him.

I see those CD32 cap kits are in stock on Amigastore, you're probably talking 20-22 euro delivered for those I'd guess. Based in Spain so at least no extra fees.

https://amigastore.eu/en/461-capacitor-pack-for-amiga-cd32.html#/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Did not expect this 3D print to make it through customs, but here it is. Laserbear won’t post by USPS anymore because of AnPost, but this got shipped before that decision.

Makes for a great finish to use these. I also bought one for my Saturn and Fenrir but it’s not installed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

@Colonel Panic wrote:

Laserbear won’t post by USPS anymore because of AnPost

Not to ask a daft question but what happened there? Is this a case of a company refusing to post to Ireland unless it's via a courier company (i.e. more expensive) or a USPS thing or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

AnPost are sending back stuff from outside the EU when they deem it to not have the correct electronic customs information. But I spoke with Greg from Laserbear and they DO fill in the correct info. Similarly, Raphnet sent me a package from Japan that got returned to sender but they fill out the required info. I got a replacement package sent and that arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Elite big small box for the Spectrum, complete with the 'The Dark Wheel' novella and the Lenslok device.

Not the most exciting "Get", but useful nonetheless. I was going through boxes in storage and was constantly finding old C64/Amiga style joysticks and pads and wanted a quick way to test them. This is actually not what I ordered(that was a smaller one that runs on watch batteries), but this will do the job and I can power it with an external battery pack.

After a quick 3D print.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

I still have have a PCB that plugs into the joystick ports on the c64 and allows you to swap the ports the joystick is currently connected to without needing to physically do it! It's a must have imo since games don't just use port 1 for player 1, it varied with every game.

Some Hungarian guy advertised it on Gideons 1541 Ultimate Groupand was detested by some for doing so haha.

I snapped it up straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Big get today off famed pantry enthusiast @o1s1n

Absolutely delighted to add a larger PVM to the garage. I need to get a new breakout cable, mines gone askew.

Moving it to its final spot tonight and then to calibrate it. To be honest I'm a bit lost for setting up the screen on this. Never had to do a PVM this big before

Kerbdog gifted me an AES and it is working a treat with the just arrived 161in1 AES multicart.

€98 from AliExpress, somehow dodged the customs man.

He also converted an old 360 wired arcade stick into a NeoGeo stick, using a little kit also from AliExpress, normally used on a NeoGeo X controller.

It doesn't look terribly nice on the flat panel but I look forward to giving it a whirl on one of the broadcast monitors!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Glad to see it go to such a good home and the stand went with it too, really do think they look great together!

Thought I'd be taking that monitor to the grave with me. Also lost my beloved Celestion Ditton 33 speakers this week too which I've had for over a decade. I don't think I can take any more! :eek:

On the plus side, I'm currently looking to mount tracked shelves on a 16 ft X 10ft wall which is going to give me an absolute colossal amount of space to displaying my videogame collection. So not all is lost!

Master of the Universe

Nice! They're such a lovely looking console, I always meant to get one of those memory cards but never got around to it.

Actually as a matter of interest, any idea if that's my old one that I sold on to Kerb?

• Advertisement

Master of the Universe

Excellent, I quite like the idea of my old consoles going off to retire in your attic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Speaking of speakers I have to get a pair for the PVM. Have a **** desktop pair of USB powered ones. Have to get a better solution though.

Have a new breakout cable on the way too. Nice 3 scart switcher and I'll get a tidy rack of consoles underneath it.

One thing about brexit is that a lot of the usual eBay and cheaper cable pickups are now just so much hassle to get and are getting sent back....pile of shi1e

Master of the Universe

I've visions of myself going the same way in a few years when I start missing stuff!

Yeah I used a crappy PC pair with mine for ages, be lovely to get a proper pair like those ones that go on the QM models, have a lovely industrial design look to them that fits right in.

Well, not as much as I used to... gone legit... just the occasional Everdrive, but what's that between friends?

Want to buy a slightly used PSX? ;)

• Advertisement

Not exactly amazing or even particularly retro. But I got sick of the price of Vita memory cards and how often they just die or become corrupt(even the official ones). So I ordered an SD2VITA adapter to use a proper Micro SD card in the game slot. My last working vita mem card actually died last night and the adapter arrived today!

A bit of a pain to get it working without a memory card, but I got there in the end. I stuck a SanDisk Extreme 256GB in and its working well. Loading seems a bit quicker from the game card slot as well.

Advertisement