Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Himself got me some gifts in the airport when he was coming to visit. A pack of 5 travel sized YSL perfumes, and an Urban Decay liquid lipstick. I wore one of the perfumes today and I really like it, I’ve been smelling so good! The liquid lipstick is unreal too, and glittery pink so very pretty :D

Yes, the glory days are back! It's Christmas - feck off, it is! - that means the elves are going about checking and that means the páistí and falling over each other to be the first in bed.

Brilliant fun tonight, and I stood there at the window showing them the moon and pretending to see the shadow of the elves in the moon as they were leaving Santaland to come down to check all the little children in Ireland are asleep. They ran into their rooms and pretended to be asleep and within 10 minutes were actually asleep. Let's keep this Christmas stuff going all year round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

YLYL is a good thread / laugh at times I must admit
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Making little adjustments to my house- new paint, new light fixture, new pictures, new clock, new sofa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Some of the shop folk here in deep rural Ireland are legends.. I went to my usual coal merchants on the way home and it was not the usual man on duty... I always get a 20 kg bag of 2s... So i told him "sapphire" and he went off and in due course came back hefting the sack and dumped it in the back of the car... I stared; "That is a big bag? I have the one at E8" ( never a bother before as they all know me)
    So the man gazed at the 40 k bag deep in the depths of the car... You could see him thinking how hard to drag it out... "Ah well, you can have that for the E8!"

Christmas? or just as my neighbour opined, too lazy to get it out.... |So free coal.... YAY! Makes me very happy in the cold today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

I've lost ten pounds now! Or 4.6kg. Yeeeeehaaaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Graces7 wrote: »
    Some of the shop folk here in deep rural Ireland are legends.. I went to my usual coal merchants on the way home and it was not the usual man on duty... I always get a 20 kg bag of 2s... So i told him "sapphire" and he went off and in due course came back hefting the sack and dumped it in the back of the car... I stared; "That is a big bag? I have the one at E8" ( never a bother before as they all know me)
    So the man gazed at the 40 k bag deep in the depths of the car... You could see him thinking how hard to drag it out... "Ah well, you can have that for the E8!"

Christmas? or just as my neighbour opined, too lazy to get it out.... |So free coal.... YAY! Makes me very happy in the cold today

Christmas spirit alive and well and no harm. Will it keep you going a while?

northgirl wrote: »
    Christmas spirit alive and well and no harm. Will it keep you going a while?

Yes; I burn mostly island turf but put coal on as I go to bed early. Last 20 kg bag lasted nearly three weeks. I was very worried at the weight as they have to get it in and out of the small ferry.. but hey! These men just lift it as if it were feathers... so maybe no more needed before Christmas,,, would love logs...

the snoring of well fed happy cats... a lovely rice and barley pudding in the oven,,, sun on the windows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I've lost ten pounds now! Or 4.6kg. Yeeeeehaaaa!

Well done Cleo, fair play for having the motivation. You should reward yourself with a few extra treats over Christmas!

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Well done Cleo, fair play for having the motivation. You should reward yourself with a few extra treats over Christmas!

Aww thank you very much Susie. I've actually just lost interest in food so I eat my breakfast, lunch and dinner and the weight just comes off. Best diet I've ever done :D Think I might treat myself to a Christmas outfit :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

SusieBlue wrote: »

Seconded!!! I've finally got an injury sorted and so I can start walking longer distances so fat fingers crossed that I'll be following you!

You know when you watch a heavyweight boxing weigh in and you're bigger than both lads, you gonna have to do something!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th happy having a laugh with my three brothers and my dad, we fitted for suits and then got burrito's :3.

That I finally got the tiny cat back inside last night. She is a terror.... She is currently sitting by the door waiting for it to open. Not a chance little girl!.Not until you are a lot tamer.

She sounds like a right rascal anyway, watch her :3
    I know Seph may not see this, but thinking of him as I type..

There is nothing I don't see

*Ominous music plays*

:pac: :3

She sounds like a right rascal anyway, watch her :3

There is nothing I don't see

*Ominous music plays*

:pac: :3

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I never knew for some bizarre reason that there was an Omen 2 and Omen 3. Only realised it when a scene from Omen 2 was referenced in the elevator that fell recently in the states injuring a number of people.

Anyway, bottom line is at least 1 Trilogy sorted for the Christmas Period. :)

I never knew for some bizarre reason that there was an Omen 2 and Omen 3. Only realised it when a scene from Omen 2 was referenced in the elevator that fell recently in the states injuring a number of people.

Anyway, bottom line is at least 1 Trilogy sorted for the Christmas Period. :)

Three has a young Sam Neill. He can demonically possess me any time!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just got a response from the company who issued the receipt I lost, They can reissue today.

It will make it to expenses portal in time for refund.:):):)

I asked as a way of keeping in touch, two ppl in my circle to read part of my assessment. Both said yes and as the both have expertise in the area will give useful and objective feedback.:pac::pac:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My best friend just got the job she has hoped she would get :D I'm gonna miss working with her but I know she will love this job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting to collect my teenage grandchild from school, having a real heart to heart on the way home and seeing that they are extremely happy and secure in themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Was at a storytime session for 4 -5 year olds in the library with grandchild. The kids are asked if they want to sing and they tend to sing Nursery rhymes or simple songs
    One small lad never has the courage to get up and sing , no problem he doesn't have to . Today he plucked up the courage and we all held our breathe to see which nursery rhyme he would sing
    Small boy stood up and in a loud voice belted out George Ezras Shotgun !!
    Brilliant !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Started decorating my desk today for Christmas :) surrounded by grinches but the repeated "it's November" crys just spur me on... :pac:

That the 2 new kittens are hale and healthy,, even though NOISY! Sudden crashes from the kitchen... OUCH! CRASH! The joys of youth..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Here's a real trivial thing that makes me happy - no more time disagreements with people.
    Doesn't happen anymore we all have atomic clock accuracy on our mobiles.
    Used to get on my nerves years ago when you would be on a tennis court (or wherever that you book by the hour) and some captain clusso c*nt would come along and say according to his watch it's the hour, meanwhile it would really be 5 to but who is right ?

Q lots of time wasting with petty arguments about the time, now ... just doesn't happen, look at your phone ... bang on to the milliseconds our phones have the same time !! Thank you techmology!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Here's a real trivial thing that makes me happy - no more time disagreements with people.
    Doesn't happen anymore we all have atomic clock accuracy on our mobiles.
    Used to get on my nerves years ago when you would be on a tennis court (or wherever that you book by the hour) and some captain clusso c*nt would come along and say according to his watch it's the hour, meanwhile it would really be 5 to but who is right ?

Q lots of time wasting with petty arguments about the time, now ... just doesn't happen, look at your phone ... bang on to the milliseconds our phones have the same time !! Thank you techmology!!

doesn't stop women still being late for a date etc

or the gp still having you waiting ages despite making appointments

my bed makes me very happy today.. :)

• Advertisement

My toy arrived today! Of course I said nothing about it and I'm leading my parents to believe it's a Christmas present. A very noisy one :D

Special mention to Sephers here :)

This is what happens when people don't follow the rules and insist on bringing Lyons tea into work...

25kq4ow.jpg :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having nothing to do and all night to do it in front of a blazing fire.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you wanted to make a hot tea, that's not the way to do it, Northgirl.

Having an evening nap

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    If you wanted to make a hot tea, that's not the way to do it, Northgirl.

Nope, not the intention :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My desk in work is now being referred to as Santa's grotto. Mission accomplished :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

My toy arrived today! Of course I said nothing about it and I'm leading my parents to believe it's a Christmas present. A very noisy one :D

https://gfycat.com/rigidplushamericankestrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just wait until they ask to have a go with it.

I won E25 on a scratchcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Try_harder wrote: »

The milky bars are on you.

Try Harder!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In my class today we were chatting and talking about different things, and the topic of dissertations came up. Our lecturer told us what he did his on, and then that he wrote a book on the same subject. But it gave me an idea of what to do for mine when I get that far. Really happy about that because it was stressing me out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm emerging from the antibiotic induced haze and back to normal, well, my normal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Special mention to Sephers here :)

This is what happens when people don't follow the rules and insist on bringing Lyons tea into work...

25kq4ow.jpg :pac:

You legend :D I would never leave my Barry's there though, what if someone tried to steal them, put them in your desk drawer fast! :eek:

:pac:

• Advertisement

You legend :D I would never leave my Barry's there though, what if someone tried to steal them, put them in your desk drawer fast! :eek:

:pac:

Ha ha, they are only Lyons masquerading. It will NOT be tolerated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its not raining .!

Taking the high road with ignorant management at work and forcing a return greeting whilst gritting teeth but smiling. :pac:

Barry's rool and Lyons' stink!!!!!

** runs and hides **

Taking the high road with ignorant management at work and forcing a return greeting whilst gritting teeth but smiling. :pac:

Yeah, you're definitely my other personality!!!!

I saw a t-shirt online "I may look calm but in my head I've punched you in the face three times".

I need that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Getting the wrong weather forecast and going to bed thinking it's going to rain the next day and waking up to clear blue skies instead. Such a beautiful day!

Pending Contracts I'll have a new (better) job after next week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Watching a guy texting while cycling and taking a nose dive.

Today was a good day.

I won €50 on a scratch card!

• Advertisement

Finally passing sick leave clearance in my job promotion!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement