Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-04-2010, 02:51   #1

The serious thread

Here's the original, for the sake of completeness. If you want to whine about moderation, make a suggestion or request, or ask a serious question of the moderators, post here. No pics, no jokes, no silly whatsoever.

Like its predecessor, this is the ONLY thread in TCN where the moderators will respond seriously to anything. If anyone else posts something here that is NOT serious, they will be removed with extreme and unfair prejudice. If any of the above is not clear, do not post in this thread.

Note: This does not mean the moderators will consider your whinging to have any value, however serious it may be. Consider your posts carefully. Grammatical nightmares will most likely be completely ignored. Reasonable and well-informed posts will not be ignored.
Advertisement
06-04-2010, 02:57   #2
Scorpion Sting
The sting is in the tail

I would love to have my posts in tCN added to my post count.
06-04-2010, 02:58   #3

That will not happen. Post count has never been a feature of TCN, and it never will be.
06-04-2010, 03:04   #4

Are you pushing for thanks for TCN at all Sarky?

Or are you against the whole concept?
06-04-2010, 03:13   #5

I am against it.

TCN is not a regular forum. There's a reason it was created as part of the Sys category instead of, say, Rec. It's alt.stupid for Boards.ie (look that up if you don't know what it was/is). TCN is part of boards as an entity, as opposed to a discussion forum offered by Boards.ie the service. It's a subtle but very important distinction.

I've spent the last 6 months working to get the Nest back to where it belongs. A silly place by and for Boardsies rather than just another Humourous/Social forum.It should not require thanks, the same way it does not require post count. All it requires is bizarre silliness.
Advertisement
06-04-2010, 07:27   #6
Matt Holck

a few stickies are ggood
but I am not very good at paying attention to them
because they update so rarely
06-04-2010, 20:58   #7

The "Count to ten" and "Count to a million" threads should be unstickyed...

Too many stickys...
06-04-2010, 22:45   #8

I'm considering this.

Unstickying the count to a million would probably get people whining. And I like the count to ten. I'd like to keep it there as long as people are counting to a million, to taunt them.

Something will happen the number of stickies in the near future.
07-04-2010, 20:14   #9
joes girls

Why do you think just cause you don't like a thread, that you can do whatever to it, like it or not, the count to a million thread brings new posters to the nest ......face it Sarky it's part of the nest, for that reason the old one has to stay stickyed..
Advertisement
07-04-2010, 20:22   #10
Solitaire

Gah, JG, its not like he's trying to close the current Count! And as a man who personally congratulates himself on cutting down the number of stickies in his own juristiction to "just" eight (well, nine, but one of them's a temp job ) I can emphathise with Sarky on this one!
07-04-2010, 20:35   #11
joes girls

As if Sol, he wants to leave a thread there just cause he thinks it will taunt people, well don't know about the others, but it does nothing to me!!!
The old Count thread earned it's place here, and should stay stickyed.
07-04-2010, 21:06   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes girls View Post
Why do you think just cause you don't like a thread, that you can do whatever to it, like it or not, the count to a million thread brings new posters to the nest ......face it Sarky it's part of the nest, for that reason the old one has to stay stickyed..
It brings in people to the count to a million thread. Nothing more. It's one of the reasons TCN has such a piss-poor image across Boards.ie. Nothing but chat (there's a thread for that, you numpties) and spam. Not even amusing spam. Really really f*cking boring +1 spam, the kind of which is despised by everyone on Boards. The only reason I haven't shut the whole thing down is because the amount of whiny bleating from the people who post nowhere else would probably crash the whole damned site.

If it's a part of TCN, it's a part best ignored. Or smothered in the night with a pillow.

I'll not entertain any more questions about that idiotic thread for another month. Do not try my patience with it until then.
07-04-2010, 23:50   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarky View Post
It brings in people to the count to a million thread. Nothing more. It's one of the reasons TCN has such a piss-poor image across Boards.ie. Nothing but chat (there's a thread for that, you numpties) and spam. Not even amusing spam. Really really f*cking boring +1 spam, the kind of which is despised by everyone on Boards. The only reason I haven't shut the whole thing down is because the amount of whiny bleating from the people who post nowhere else would probably crash the whole damned site.

If it's a part of TCN, it's a part best ignored. Or smothered in the night with a pillow.

I'll not entertain any more questions about that idiotic thread for another month. Do not try my patience with it until then.
I would like to know your views on how tCN will look in 1 months time. i.e.:

Typically, what type of threads will exist/not exist?

What are your issues with the current threads? .."Really really f*cking boring +1 spam,"

ta.
07-04-2010, 23:57   #14

I have no idea what this place will look like in a month. Most TCN posters are unpredictable. So are their threads, at least in recent months. As it should be.

I only have issues with threads that are not sufficiently silly. There'll probably be less of those, but who can really say? And no, before anyone asks I will not define "silly".
08-04-2010, 00:07   #15

Sarky, what do you think of the nest as it is now (Bar this serious thread)? and why do you oppose the chat thread of which we love?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion